sskilla's build thread - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > sskilla's build thread

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! BroughFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 09-06-2012, 05:12 PM   #31
Black1998ZJ
1998 ZJ 

Love your ZJ. What are your exact suspension mods, if you don't mind me asking? Also, I love the no bumper look!

Unread 09-06-2012, 05:14 PM   #32
Black1998ZJ
1998 ZJ 

Never mind! I went back and found it, sorry.
Unread 09-07-2012, 10:12 PM   #33
sskilla

1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black1998ZJ View Post
Love your ZJ. What are your exact suspension mods, if you don't mind me asking? Also, I love the no bumper look!
thanks man! shes deffinately a work in progress, but its a work of love

yeah i dont think i took any pics of the suspension work like a dummy
'95 ZJ: 5.2 v8 / 249 > 242 > 231 Tcase swap / 46RH / 3.5" IRO + 1.5" pucks / IRO Adj Front Lower CA's / IRO Double Shear Adj Track Bar / 33" BFG KM2's / JKS Quicker Disco's / IRO rear end links / Kegger Mod / Super 44 Flowmaster / Novak Cable Shifter / Kevins Radiator Support / JKS Bar pin eliminators / Yukon Chromoly Rear Axles / IRO SS Brake Lines / Stillen cross-drilled rotors / Flowcooler water pump

It's got guts. Jeep guts. Jeep, the toughest four letter word on wheels. F@#% Yeah.

R.I.P. 2000 TJ
R.I.P. '95 YJ

sskilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-07-2012, 10:17 PM   #34
sskilla

1995 ZJ 

swapped my 231 in after work today, all in all only took a little less then 3 hours.

didnt take any pics of the process as i was racing the sun, but all seems to be working good!

glueing up the bezel in the morning to finalize the install
'95 ZJ: 5.2 v8 / 249 > 242 > 231 Tcase swap / 46RH / 3.5" IRO + 1.5" pucks / IRO Adj Front Lower CA's / IRO Double Shear Adj Track Bar / 33" BFG KM2's / JKS Quicker Disco's / IRO rear end links / Kegger Mod / Super 44 Flowmaster / Novak Cable Shifter / Kevins Radiator Support / JKS Bar pin eliminators / Yukon Chromoly Rear Axles / IRO SS Brake Lines / Stillen cross-drilled rotors / Flowcooler water pump

It's got guts. Jeep guts. Jeep, the toughest four letter word on wheels. F@#% Yeah.

R.I.P. 2000 TJ
R.I.P. '95 YJ

Unread 09-10-2012, 07:12 PM   #35
sskilla

1995 ZJ 

heres the bezel glued up and installed! of course i broke it again tryin to slip it over the handle. but its still together.

::

R.I.P. 2000 TJ
R.I.P. '95 YJ

Unread 09-10-2012, 07:22 PM   #36
sskilla

1995 ZJ 

decided i would try my hand at fixin up my hood. lots of sun damage and peeling paint.

:: ::

after about 2 hours with a palm sander i still managed to only get through the 5 layers of wax and clear... hit steel in a couple of spots but at this point i was over it. i was out of sand paper anyway.

got about 5 coats on there. ill let that dry for a few days, then wet sand and clear it. crossin my fingers it turns out ok, but either way its better then it was

R.I.P. 2000 TJ
R.I.P. '95 YJ

Unread 09-11-2012, 09:33 PM   #37
sskilla

1995 ZJ 

dont know if you can see it in the pics, but this is after a 600 grit wet sand

:: ::

plannin on a 1500 grit wet sand tomarrow and if there's still day light ill clear it.

R.I.P. 2000 TJ
R.I.P. '95 YJ

Unread 09-24-2012, 06:34 PM   #38
sskilla

1995 ZJ 

so even after wet sanding with 1000 grit i couldnt get it perfectly smooth. i really blew it with my first spray. i was mad so i cleared it anyway and it pretty much looks just like it did in the above pics.

i doesnt look bad at all but its less than smooth surface collects dust real fast and easy considering i work construction everyday

i may retry it in a couple weeks and see if i can get a smooth coat. we'll see.

ordered up a new centering yoke and boot for my double cardan rebuild today. got some big jobs coming up so maybe ill do something cool with the jeep soon, my thread has been runnin a little slow lol

R.I.P. 2000 TJ
R.I.P. '95 YJ

Unread 10-09-2012, 09:33 PM   #39
sskilla

1995 ZJ 

bought one of these guys today. First step in improving my cooling system.

I plan on seperating the tranny line from the radiator and eventually buying the Griffon 1.5" core radiator with electric fan.

2nd pic is the new lines running from the cooler and hangin in the engine bay

you can see i used the high pressure fuel injector hose clamps for my splices.

there she sits in front of the condensor. im going to figure out a custom bracket for the right side of the thing. as it sits ive got it bolted on the left and two zip ties holding it on the right.

R.I.P. 2000 TJ
R.I.P. '95 YJ

Unread 10-31-2012, 08:05 PM   #40
sskilla

1995 ZJ 

so I heard my rear speakers vibin against the door panels and decided id cut the holes and put the guards on that came with them.

before and after the cut:

slapped em on and decided it just wasnt lookin good at all...

found some flat black vinyl paint that try and snazz it up. heres the panels prepped.

finished painting the bottom portion and decided to hit the arm rest. i think it looks pretty good.

R.I.P. 2000 TJ
R.I.P. '95 YJ

Unread 10-31-2012, 09:19 PM   #41
STRATTON
2002 TJ Wrangler 

nice build. ive enjoyed it so far. i like that your doing all your own work.

i must ask, why did you sell the tj to pic up the jy ?

stratton.
STRATTON is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-31-2012, 10:33 PM   #42
tofuzeppelin

2001 XJ Cherokee 

Cool ZJ man. For doin things on the lower side of a budget you still have built a solid Jeep. How was it driving without front fenders, get any funny looks or more of just roll the window up and not look around kind of a deal?
tofuzeppelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-01-2012, 01:18 PM   #43
sskilla

1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by STRATTON View Post
nice build. ive enjoyed it so far. i like that your doing all your own work.

i must ask, why did you sell the tj to pic up the jy ?

stratton.
thanks man. i hope to get into the upgrades guys really like to see soon. i was upside down in the TJ and just couldnt afford the payments with the job i had at the time.

found the ZJ at a JY and just bought it outright so now i dont have a payment at all

R.I.P. 2000 TJ
R.I.P. '95 YJ

Unread 11-01-2012, 01:22 PM   #44
sskilla

1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tofuzeppelin View Post
Cool ZJ man. For doin things on the lower side of a budget you still have built a solid Jeep. How was it driving without front fenders, get any funny looks or more of just roll the window up and not look around kind of a deal?
lol i did get a few funny looks, but you can tell when someone see's it and knows why. being able to turn overrides funny faces

R.I.P. 2000 TJ
R.I.P. '95 YJ

Unread 11-01-2012, 02:56 PM   #45
bobthetj03
Web Wheeler

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Nice build so far. I normally only follow TJ builds, but I was pleasantly surprised with your build, and your from NorCal. Look forward to seeing you turn your junkyard dog into a mean 4X4 machine! Plus, all that extra room is a nice perk!

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/b...build-1304260/

White Jeep club member #2003
bobthetj03 is online now   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.