sskilla's build thread - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > sskilla's build thread

Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Advance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 08-21-2012, 11:15 PM   #16
sskilla
1995 ZJ 

looks like I gave a sneak peak of the IRO double sheer adjustable front track bar in the JKS pic, so here it is!

::

[SIZE="1"][B]'95 ZJ:[/B] 5.2 v8 / 249 > 242 > 231 Tcase swap / 46RH / 3.5" IRO + 1.5" pucks / IRO Adj Front Lower CA's / IRO Double Shear Adj Track Bar / 33" BFG KM2's / JKS Quicker Disco's / IRO rear end links / Kegger Mod / Super 44 Flowmaster / Novak Cable Shifter / Kevins Radiator Support / JKS Bar pin eliminators / Yukon Chromoly Rear Axles / IRO SS Brake Lines / Stillen cross-drilled rotors / Flowcooler water pump[/SIZE]

[B][I]It's got guts. Jeep guts. Jeep, the toughest four letter word on wheels. F@#% Yeah.[/I][/B]

[size="1"][I]R.I.P. 2000 TJ[/I][/size]
[size="1"][I]R.I.P. '95 YJ[/I][/size]

[COLOR="Black"][CENTER][SIZE="3"][FONT="IMPACT"][COLOR="Black"][URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/sskillas-build-thread-1408321"][COLOR="Black"]Build Thread[/COLOR][/URL][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER][/COLOR]
sskilla is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-26-2012, 07:23 PM   #17
sskilla
1995 ZJ 

so this guy showed up. Hughes Engines plenum plate kit. Should fix that oil in the intake issue some of us struggle with. Also it came with a new bypass hose which is good because I think mine is leaking.

plus pulled and begain work on these future swaps

231, u-joint axle shafts and a u-joint front DS!

[SIZE="1"][B]'95 ZJ:[/B] 5.2 v8 / 249 > 242 > 231 Tcase swap / 46RH / 3.5" IRO + 1.5" pucks / IRO Adj Front Lower CA's / IRO Double Shear Adj Track Bar / 33" BFG KM2's / JKS Quicker Disco's / IRO rear end links / Kegger Mod / Super 44 Flowmaster / Novak Cable Shifter / Kevins Radiator Support / JKS Bar pin eliminators / Yukon Chromoly Rear Axles / IRO SS Brake Lines / Stillen cross-drilled rotors / Flowcooler water pump[/SIZE]

[B][I]It's got guts. Jeep guts. Jeep, the toughest four letter word on wheels. F@#% Yeah.[/I][/B]

[COLOR="Black"][CENTER][SIZE="3"][FONT="IMPACT"][COLOR="Black"][URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/sskillas-build-thread-1408321"][COLOR="Black"]Build Thread[/COLOR][/URL][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER][/COLOR]
Unread 08-26-2012, 07:26 PM   #18
sskilla
1995 ZJ 

been awhile since ive been wheelin, so i had to improvise. found a dirt hill on a jobsite to roll over on my way home from work lol

you can also see in this pic my KOR Radiator support

i guess i never took a pic but somewhere along the lines i replaced my 3" BB with the F > R swap usng IRO front springs on a 1.5" spacer. after sag and spacer squish im sitting at about 4" lift.

Unread 08-26-2012, 07:31 PM   #19
rubiconox
2004 TJ Wrangler 

lookin cool man!

JEEP: If your question is fuel mileage, the answer is elsewhere.
rubiconox is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-31-2012, 05:20 PM   #20
sskilla
1995 ZJ 

decided id try to clean up my fender trim job only to find out my compressor is horribly inadaquate to run my 3" cut off wheel. finished with the sawzall... terrible lol. the lines are a little cleaner but still a hack job.

Unread 08-31-2012, 05:21 PM   #21
sskilla
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubiconox View Post
lookin cool man!
oh thanks! lol i didnt think anyone was ever gonna look at this

Unread 08-31-2012, 05:31 PM   #22
sskilla
1995 ZJ 

Continuing on the u-joint axle shaft swap... not sure how you F up a u-joint install but i managed it..

i guess some needle bearings came loose from the bearing cap and i smashed em until the cap snapped. there goes $25 bucks... time to order another 760x spicer...

some bench side pics.. i know you're riveted...

at least one came out the way it is supposed to. coated it with some rust preventor.

Unread 08-31-2012, 05:34 PM   #23
sskilla
1995 ZJ 

this guy showed up from JB Conversions today, my brand spankin new 1.55" input shaft.

just so happens i have a 3 day weekend startin right now! haha, maybe ill tear into my 231 project and get that thing swapped

Unread 08-31-2012, 05:39 PM   #24
sskilla
1995 ZJ 

dug up this pic of my blue LED dash lights:

Same blue LED's in the tranny and T-case bezel's too... pic to come after I get the 231 swapped.

Unread 09-01-2012, 11:00 AM   #25
sskilla
1995 ZJ 

found these at the local JY: Yukon Chromoly rear axle shafts for my D35c

::::

$250 brand new and I can get both for $40?? no brainer!... ok maybe $140 to $180 brand new, but still. here they are in the garage!

also cleaned up the axle shafts and 231 a bit

pinion yoke i pulled right before i stumbled on the Yukons. Cleaned it up a bit and painted it.

Unread 09-01-2012, 11:03 AM   #26
sskilla
1995 ZJ 

the new yukon axle shafts got me thinkin though... maybe its time to start an 8.8 build. I wonder what the chromoly shafts are comparible to strength wise. D44a?? or not quite?

Unread 09-02-2012, 01:32 PM   #27
sskilla
1995 ZJ 

popped the 1.55" input shaft and new seals into the 231. heres the case about to go back together with the, i believe, .825" shaft sittin in front

Unread 09-02-2012, 07:17 PM   #28
sskilla
1995 ZJ 

so those yukon shafts? yeah they are different lengths for each side... what a dummy I am. I just pulled my rear apart and put it back together thinkin I couldnt use em. I guess I know what im doin in the morning. same thing i did this morning! lol

man.. all i had to do was line it up with the other shaft... dummy.

Unread 09-04-2012, 09:49 PM   #29
sskilla
1995 ZJ 

Ok got the Yukons in.

prepped half the driveshaft for a u joint.

just need to rebuild that double cardan and its ready to go in!

Unread 09-05-2012, 07:33 PM   #30
sskilla
1995 ZJ 

new spicer showed up today.

both shafts with the u-joints successfully installed. Shafts painted.

pass cv out, this is cake! hardest part was my damn brake calipers didnt wanna let go of the rotor... needless to say these brake pads wont last nearly as long as they were supposed to..

pass u-joint shaft in!

driver side cv out next to u-joint shaft.

u-joint shaft in!

suprisingly, neither side gave me trouble getting the hubs off. pulled right off with no effort.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.