sskilla's build thread - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > sskilla's build thread

Artec Flash Sale - 15% off and Free Shipping over $300Rugged Ridge Bumpers, Winches, Performance from CCOR!JK Front Axle Truss

Unread 08-21-2012, 09:18 PM   #1
sskilla

1995 ZJ 

sskilla's build thread

it is time. been trolling your build threads for awhile and have given me big ideas and big plans, so its time to document.

bought her from a JY as a lien sale, $1300. to some this might seem steep, but here in cali... nuthins cheap.

Day 1:

as you can see, shes not much to look at.

first things first, wheel and tire swap from my TJ that was on its way out!

33" KM2's on some 15" American Racing something or others

Immediate improvement.

'95 ZJ: 5.2 v8 / 249 > 242 > 231 Tcase swap / 46RH / 3.5" IRO + 1.5" pucks / IRO Adj Front Lower CA's / IRO Double Shear Adj Track Bar / 33" BFG KM2's / JKS Quicker Disco's / IRO rear end links / Kegger Mod / Super 44 Flowmaster / Novak Cable Shifter / Kevins Radiator Support / JKS Bar pin eliminators / Yukon Chromoly Rear Axles / IRO SS Brake Lines / Stillen cross-drilled rotors / Flowcooler water pump

It's got guts. Jeep guts. Jeep, the toughest four letter word on wheels. F@#% Yeah.

R.I.P. 2000 TJ
R.I.P. '95 YJ

sskilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-21-2012, 09:23 PM   #2
sskilla

1995 ZJ 

of course at this point I cant turn... like at all. So I had to do some trimming and figure out how I was going to lift this when I had just lost my job lol.

my temporary solution was to remove my front fenders. Decided to paint them black while I was rolling ghetto.

'95 ZJ: 5.2 v8 / 249 > 242 > 231 Tcase swap / 46RH / 3.5" IRO + 1.5" pucks / IRO Adj Front Lower CA's / IRO Double Shear Adj Track Bar / 33" BFG KM2's / JKS Quicker Disco's / IRO rear end links / Kegger Mod / Super 44 Flowmaster / Novak Cable Shifter / Kevins Radiator Support / JKS Bar pin eliminators / Yukon Chromoly Rear Axles / IRO SS Brake Lines / Stillen cross-drilled rotors / Flowcooler water pump

It's got guts. Jeep guts. Jeep, the toughest four letter word on wheels. F@#% Yeah.

R.I.P. 2000 TJ
R.I.P. '95 YJ

Unread 08-21-2012, 09:39 PM   #3
sskilla

1995 ZJ 

pulled her in the garage to throw in the cheapest BB I could find

Fat Bobs 3" BB! rear extended spring posts and some cheapo shocks. What gems...

Before:

After:

R.I.P. 2000 TJ
R.I.P. '95 YJ

Unread 08-21-2012, 09:45 PM   #4
sskilla

1995 ZJ 

now that i could turn again, i decided to try to snazz up my wheels.

before:
::

Shadow effect:

decided i didnt like shadow...

black

R.I.P. 2000 TJ
R.I.P. '95 YJ

Unread 08-21-2012, 09:50 PM   #5
sskilla

1995 ZJ 

forgot to mention i heard a thunk on the freeway only to find out my driver door cladding had flown off...

figured id just pull em all off.

R.I.P. 2000 TJ
R.I.P. '95 YJ

Unread 08-21-2012, 09:53 PM   #6
sskilla

1995 ZJ 

this was right about the time I found you guys.

Add the Power mod:

R.I.P. 2000 TJ
R.I.P. '95 YJ

Unread 08-21-2012, 09:57 PM   #7
sskilla

1995 ZJ 

decided i needed to know my limitations.

time to see what kind of flex and tuck i had with this BB.

found the closest dirt hill i could find:

and a pic of my old TJ just for kicks

R.I.P. 2000 TJ
R.I.P. '95 YJ

Unread 08-21-2012, 10:05 PM   #8
sskilla

1995 ZJ 

was 1/2 off all seats at my local pick'n pull so i found these awsome pillow top leathers to replace my shredded interior. Got the whole set for only $65 bucks! was litteraly millimeters from the checkout out button my KOR's suspension seats... so glad I waited.

old seats:

new seats:

I also shampooed my carpet while I had the seats out. got rid of that oily JY smell.

R.I.P. 2000 TJ
R.I.P. '95 YJ

Unread 08-21-2012, 10:08 PM   #9
sskilla

1995 ZJ 

replaced the header panel and ordered all new lighting up front:

R.I.P. 2000 TJ
R.I.P. '95 YJ

Unread 08-21-2012, 10:55 PM   #10
sskilla

1995 ZJ 

upgraded to a 98 5.9 alternator

R.I.P. 2000 TJ
R.I.P. '95 YJ

Unread 08-21-2012, 10:59 PM   #11
sskilla

1995 ZJ 

Time for some 242 action

didnt get a lot of pics of this process, but i can tell you being my first major swap it took me a week and about 500 trips to the parts store for tools... i now get discounts everytime i go there lol

R.I.P. 2000 TJ
R.I.P. '95 YJ

Unread 08-21-2012, 11:02 PM   #12
sskilla

1995 ZJ 

I had a lot of trouble gettin my 242 to shift right.

First I tried cutting the slide bracket so the shifter would slide farther forward:

didnt work out too well. had to head to the JY to fix my "fix" lol

R.I.P. 2000 TJ
R.I.P. '95 YJ

Unread 08-21-2012, 11:05 PM   #13
sskilla

1995 ZJ 

I ended up ordering the Novak cable shifter for a TJ and had to mod up the body side bracket to make it happen.

here it is mounted up to the stock shift linkage bracket

heres some of the hardware I used to make it work

R.I.P. 2000 TJ
R.I.P. '95 YJ

Unread 08-21-2012, 11:09 PM   #14
sskilla

1995 ZJ 

decided I needed to thicken up the sound in this tired ol ZJ

as well as some maintainance

R.I.P. 2000 TJ
R.I.P. '95 YJ

Unread 08-21-2012, 11:12 PM   #15
sskilla

1995 ZJ 

I guess nows a good time to show these guys. Forgot exactly where in the timeline they showed up.

JKS front Quicker Discos, and IRO's rear links

R.I.P. 2000 TJ
R.I.P. '95 YJ

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.