Spyderman TJ returns with an XJ!! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Spyderman TJ returns with an XJ!!

All Bilstein shocks & struts - Lowest Prices Ever and Santa Kolak Announces: Kolak Exhaust 20% Off Sale!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 10-21-2011, 03:47 AM   #1
SpydermanTJ

Spyderman TJ returns with an XJ!!

Hey all!!
Some of you may remember me from about a year ago. I was rolling around in a '98 TJ on 33s, red with the Spiderman logo on the hood. Well, long story short, I moved and couldn't afford the payments, so she had to go I bought a truck, then a Yamaha cruiser motorcycle to solve my transportation issues. Both have since been sold as well, unfortunately not at profit for me.

A week ago, a friend's dad offered to sell me his wife's 2000 XJ 2wd. Due to my need for wheels, and the extremely good deal he gave me, I accepted. I drove her home about 2 hrs ago, and am totally stoked to be back in the Jeep ranks again!!

I don't have pics right now, but that will change tomorrow after work.

About her:
2000 XJ, 4 door 2WD. 4.0L I6, auto trans. Bone stock except the stereo head unit.
She has 170k miles, so she'll need some lovin' to be totally reliable to my standards.

Ironically, the same friend's father-in-law has a scrapyard here locally, and he just acquired the exact same XJ, but 4WD (no trans or motor). I'm going to be talking to him this weekend to see how much he'd want for the 4WD running gear, and hopefully turn this grocery getter into a capable offroader!

Pics and updates will be frequent, so stay tuned!!

Nightcrew #162

"i'd want a bottle of 12 year old scotch and a 24 pack of rubbers. i'll go places with a hard-on that most people wont go with a mechanized infantry batallion."
SpydermanTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-24-2011, 07:26 PM   #2
SpydermanTJ

Ok, went to check out the scrap XJ, and he had already sold both axles But he did give me a few parts for maintenance later. Also went to 4WP and ordered new track bar bushings. The ones on her are totally shot, and I get gnarly DW over 55mph.
Also bought PS fluid, and washer fluid. Tomorrow is fluid change day, and a bath. I'll post up some pics after I'm done making her purty again!
Nightcrew #162

"i'd want a bottle of 12 year old scotch and a 24 pack of rubbers. i'll go places with a hard-on that most people wont go with a mechanized infantry batallion."
Unread 10-27-2011, 07:32 PM   #3
SpydermanTJ

Today was a moderate success. I changed the oil and filter, cleaned the K&N air filter, and check all the other fluid levels. Still have to replace the rear diff fluid, I'll probably do it this weekend.

I was attempting to remove the track bar to replace the bushing, and ran into a problem. I can't get the upper bolt out!! Anyone know if there is a trick to it, or do I need a tie-rod fork or possibly a pitman arm puller?? TIA!
Nightcrew #162

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.