Spider LJ - Page 91 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Spider LJ

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineBaseline 4x4 Lifetime Warranty 4340 Chromoly Axle Shaft KiSpartan Locker Special Forum Prices Dana 30 44 60 Ford 8.8

Unread 04-17-2013, 10:06 PM   #1351
oalali
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jforse View Post
You can go to a automotive paint supply store and they have a camera that will take a picture of the paint and come up with a perfect match.
I don't think you will find any of this around here !

Unread 07-26-2013, 10:32 PM   #1352
IH8PEPL
Just like the plate says

2006 LJ Wrangler 

Hope all is well Lo2aY!

Im giving this tread a long overdue bump.
IH8PEPL is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-27-2013, 06:58 AM   #1353
Oman Jeep

Quote:
Originally Posted by oalali View Post
I don't think you will find any of this around here !
If anyone does find one of those machines in the UAE do let me know!!!
Oman Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2013, 12:58 PM   #1354
red mistress
1983 CJ8 

Recaro's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lo2aY View Post
don't really like them. they fade in color. two of my friends have them and they told they don't but a few years later they did. they also copied mastercraft so that doesn't say much for their R&D.

I sat in the recaros they are very very high quality and nice seats.

I will know for sure on this trip. my Jeep is loaded up heavier than last time. suspension plays a lot in the feel. but there isn't much I want to do there.

Did you ever install different seats in your LJ ?
67 Gladiator 15K AMC327 PTO Ramsey D44, D60 69 Jeepster deluxe Convertible Power 82 CJ-8 75K Renegade all original 83 CJ-8 50K 401 MPFI ARB60's front & rear winch 38" 84 CJ-7 38K Garnet interior, Jeep SE 8274, 8" x 33" 87 J20 36K Jeep SE Hidden winch, boat rack, 35" 2006 LJ Rubicon 3K
red mistress is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2013, 01:28 PM   #1355
Lo2aY
Spider LJ

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Nothing yet. I've been crazy busy with the Jamboree stuff. First one went extremely well. Second one is coming up soon. Along with that, im building a technical assist vehicle. That will run support for the Jamboree and my big JK. This one is extensive but mostly off the shelf parts. 60s 40s long arms and topping it off with a JK8 kit.

As for the LJ. I may take it on a big trip along with the J8 OCT/NOV time. But that's on the bottom of my list right now.

Really needing a wheeling trip that does not involve me as a teacher or team leader. Its just too much work for me to enjoy. Still better than any day at the office lol

Luai

LJ Build thread - Spider

TJ Build thread - Chinook

JK Build thread (soon)

J8 Build thread (soon)

Brute Build thread (soon)
Quote:
This hobby is not about who can shop the best, it's about creating things that did not exist before. It's about giving a machine a soul and making it an extention of your persona.

There is always someone who can spend more than you can. Don't measure your self worth against others. You can create, you can be fast and you can fail. It's all part of life.
Lo2aY is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2013, 09:51 PM   #1356
red mistress
1983 CJ8 

Cool... Sounds like U are still building Jeeps & Jeepin'

I know how busy that keeps a person... I have a fleet to keep & build myself.

Are the Recaro's pictured in your cousins Mango Tango TJ ?

Or is that an AEV pic ?

I'm wondering if they still flip forward.

From pic I can see OEM sliders.

I'm looking for heat / ventilate seats that look "right" or OEM for my LJ.

Figured U would know ... as U use the best parts.

67 Gladiator 15K AMC327 PTO Ramsey D44, D60 69 Jeepster deluxe Convertible Power 82 CJ-8 75K Renegade all original 83 CJ-8 50K 401 MPFI ARB60's front & rear winch 38" 84 CJ-7 38K Garnet interior, Jeep SE 8274, 8" x 33" 87 J20 36K Jeep SE Hidden winch, boat rack, 35" 2006 LJ Rubicon 3K
red mistress is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-01-2013, 01:50 AM   #1357
Lo2aY
Spider LJ

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Guys, anyone have good luck with electric fans?

the weather is hot here. I installed the griffin radiator thinking it would help but it didn't.

I'm looking at this guy.

http://www.quadratec.com/products/17800_3001_07.htm

found out that my fan shroud is split in half at the top. so weird. never seen anything like it.

LJ Build thread - Spider

JK Build thread (soon)

J8 Build thread (soon)

Quote:
This hobby is not about who can shop the best, it's about creating things that did not exist before. It's about giving a machine a soul and making it an extention of your persona.

There is always someone who can spend more than you can. Don't measure your self worth against others. You can create, you can be fast and you can fail. It's all part of life.
Unread 09-01-2013, 01:52 AM   #1358
Lo2aY
Spider LJ

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by red mistress View Post
Cool... Sounds like U are still building Jeeps & Jeepin'

I know how busy that keeps a person... I have a fleet to keep & build myself.

Are the Recaro's pictured in your cousins Mango Tango TJ ?

Or is that an AEV pic ?

I'm wondering if they still flip forward.

From pic I can see OEM sliders.

I'm looking for heat / ventilate seats that look "right" or OEM for my LJ.

Figured U would know ... as U use the best parts.

It's an AEV picture. They don't flip forward. there are some VW applications that do.

there is a guy that did the new GC seats in his. It has the cooling/heating function.

LJ Build thread - Spider

JK Build thread (soon)

J8 Build thread (soon)

Quote:

Unread 09-01-2013, 02:15 AM   #1359
Oman Jeep

Quote:

the weather is hot here. I installed the griffin radiator thinking it would help but it didn't.

I'm looking at this guy.

found out that my fan shroud is split in half at the top. so weird. never seen anything like it.
The fan looks like a SPAL - which is good - I'm just not sure about that fan shroud design with the big open holes in it.

In my experience the Flexalite fans are junk here because the shroud is too small, and restricts air flow on the highway. This has the additional holes that will fix that but while idling, it might pull air in through those holes instead of through the radiator. Some of the better SPAL ones I've seen have a plastic shroud that has many small rubber flaps over all the holes, so while moving they open up and let the natural air flow through, but while parked they close up and ensure all the air the fan is sucking has come from the front of the radiator.

I've not searched if they have one of those for Jeeps though - was planning to worry about that when the Jeep starts coming back together...
Oman Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-01-2013, 02:24 AM   #1360
Lo2aY
Spider LJ

2005 LJ Wrangler 

How was your Jeep doing in the hot weather? both my TJ and LJ hate it. the mechanical fan is engaged most of the time. I thought about doing an electric push fan outside the radiator. but then thought about highway driving. it would just restrict air flow.

I've removed the thermostat last year. seemed to work ok until the cold months started to come in. then the Jeep never got to normal operating temps.

on yours, I think you should do a V8. I mean you have the thing stripped to the frame

LJ Build thread - Spider

JK Build thread (soon)

J8 Build thread (soon)

Quote:

Unread 09-01-2013, 12:35 PM   #1361
Griff1918
Web Wheeler
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:

I'm looking at this guy.

Mine split like that many years ago. But it never cause an over heating issue.
Griff1918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-08-2013, 10:35 AM   #1362
BamaJeepman21
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Damnit. All the pic links are broken.
BamaJeepman21 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-24-2013, 01:05 PM   #1363
Lo2aY
Spider LJ

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaJeepman21 View Post
Damnit. All the pic links are broken.
please check again

LJ Build thread - Spider

JK Build thread (soon)

J8 Build thread (soon)

Quote:

Unread 02-11-2014, 08:13 PM   #1364
VTOLRN
1994 ZJ 

I love this jeep, it is so bad ***. I will be selling my truck ASAP to build an LJ.
Unread 02-13-2014, 08:48 AM   #1365
paroxysym
2007 WK 

while sitting here in snowy baltimore, i just read through this entire thread... amazing work bro, such a great looking and functioning LJ. very tastefully modded- keep up the great work

any pics of the J8 youre working on?

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.