Spider LJ - Page 7 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Spider LJ

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 10-17-2010, 08:09 PM   #91
sail78385
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Hey bro, great work. Mind sending me the link where you found the build photos of the AEV LJ. Curious in the mopar swing out bumper mod they did. Thanks. also how did you remove the windows in your hardtop?

Unread 10-17-2010, 08:30 PM   #92
Lo2aY
Spider LJ

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sail78385 View Post
Hey bro, great work. Mind sending me the link where you found the build photos of the AEV LJ. Curious in the mopar swing out bumper mod they did. Thanks. also how did you remove the windows in your hardtop?
here is the link

'05 Unlimited Highline & HEMI Build - American Expedition Vehicles - Product Forums

I believe the guy works for AEV or has a strong relationship with them. I'm pretty sure they didn't go into detail with how it's been done. and AEV doesn't have any plans to offer this bumper for a tj/lj

the glass was removed at the body shop since I didn't want to **** it up.

Sorry guys I haven't had a chance to update you with whats goin on with the LJ

I destroyed the oil pan.. and took the Jeep to my shop to have it replaced since I don't have a lift or time this weekend todo so.

also just opened the box for the Truss kit and I think I'm missing the shock brackets for the front or rear. I'm not sure since I only got one set. so tomorrow I need to call TNT and figure it out.

also taking the axles over to have them welded and ready for the lift and all that good stuff.

so the plan is to have the lift and axles installed all at once. Prior to that, I will be installing the highline kit from AEV.

last will be paint. I need a really cool flat gray that I'm having a hard time finding.

I hope it turns out the way I have imagined it. or else I'm screwed.

if anyone is interested in the stock D44/D30 axles let me know. they will be up for sale beginning of december also drive shafts. the axles are complete with everything (gears brakes shafts)

also for sale is a Dynatrac ProRock D60 rear axle. built last year and has about 8000 miles on it. it's got comp shafts and 538 gears and an ARB air locker. the rear axle is setup for an Offroad EVO rear leaver system so there are no brackets for the coils and shocks.

if anyone is interested hit me up!

LJ Build thread - Spider

TJ Build thread - Chinook

JK Build thread (soon)

J8 Build thread (soon)

Brute Build thread (soon)
Quote:
This hobby is not about who can shop the best, it's about creating things that did not exist before. It's about giving a machine a soul and making it an extention of your persona.

There is always someone who can spend more than you can. Don't measure your self worth against others. You can create, you can be fast and you can fail. It's all part of life.
Lo2aY is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-17-2010, 08:41 PM   #93
Cotton
1997 TJ Wrangler 

What are you looking to get for that D60? Thanks
Unread 10-17-2010, 08:53 PM   #94
kyle_craig
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Are you painting the jeep flat Grey or the axles?
kyle_craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2010, 01:12 AM   #95
Lo2aY
Spider LJ

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cotton_4x4 View Post
What are you looking to get for that D60? Thanks
well I have over 5K in the axle so looking for 5 flat

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle_craig View Post
Are you painting the jeep flat Grey or the axles?
Jeep

LJ Build thread - Spider

JK Build thread (soon)

J8 Build thread (soon)

Quote:
This hobby is not about who can shop the best, it's about creating things that did not exist before. It's about giving a machine a soul and making it an extention of your persona.

There is always someone who can spend more than you can. Don't measure your self worth against others. You can create, you can be fast and you can fail. It's all part of life.
Unread 10-18-2010, 01:24 AM   #96
austinaubinoe
2000 XJ Cherokee 

DAMN 5k in one D60! I have about 7 in my entire cherokee!

But I have to say I dont like JK's and I like your JK Cant wait to see some update pictures of your LJ!
austinaubinoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2010, 01:49 AM   #97
Lo2aY
Spider LJ

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by austinaubinoe View Post
DAMN 5k in one D60! I have about 7 in my entire cherokee!

But I have to say I dont like JK's and I like your JK Cant wait to see some update pictures of your LJ!
you think 5K is too much.. the front is twice the price! . you get what you pay for

thanks buddy

LJ Build thread - Spider

JK Build thread (soon)

J8 Build thread (soon)

Quote:

Unread 10-18-2010, 03:40 AM   #98
austinaubinoe
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lo2aY View Post
you think 5K is too much.. the front is twice the price! . you get what you pay for

thanks buddy

You dropped 15 grand on axles!! sorry im just so surprised! Do you have the specs on the axles somewhere? Currie Rock-Jocks??

never heard of someone spending that kind of cash unless they were pro and needed the very best!
austinaubinoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2010, 09:29 AM   #99
MountainMan864
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Theres a jeep on SOLID 60's with all the goodies and coilovers on 40's etc at our local 4x4 extreme jeep shop. He dropped $50k on that TJ.
MountainMan864 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2010, 11:04 AM   #100
Lo2aY
Spider LJ

2005 LJ Wrangler 

yes they are the best axles IMO

they are PRO-ROCK axles by dynatrac.. if you would like to discuss this further lets do it via PMs

LJ Build thread - Spider

JK Build thread (soon)

J8 Build thread (soon)

Quote:

Unread 10-18-2010, 01:17 PM   #101
imjustbumin
1997 TJ Wrangler 

dude... come on, its kilby not kelby...

for $500 not painted nor shipped, you should know the brand name... im pretty sure they are the same rockers for the regular lj but just cut down a couple of inches to match the aev lines.
imjustbumin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2010, 02:08 PM   #102
redbob2323
1998 TJ Wrangler 

now all u need is a cummins engine in one of the jeeps to tow around the other one around. also, why not long arms on the LJ with everything else ur putting on it.

And tex, when are ur 60s gonna be finished lol
AA SYE w/ tom woods drive shaft, CB/PA
2 10" subs in stealth box, flush rear lights, light bar w/ 4 130w, 2 55w lights
future plans tube flares, rhino line, skids, lockers, D44
redbob2323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2010, 02:23 PM   #103
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Long Arms at his height... for most. Some will argue that a well setup short arm will outperform a LA system of even decent quality. The advantages of the longer arms are less obvious at this height, and geometry is more important.

Also... this pic will make its way in here at some point since the question was asked:
JFI Member #7: Helping out the Scammed
2004 Rubi: Ready to Kill the Chrome!
Totaled and Gone: Mostly Stock 2005 I6 Patriot Blue TJ: Monstaliner (Write-Up) BESRK Rear Bumper, Hella 500s
Do the Jeep Wave :D 0|||||||0 Take 95% of what I say as a joke/sarcasm!-Thomas
LuckRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2010, 03:44 PM   #104
Lo2aY
Spider LJ

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by imjustbumin View Post
dude... come on, its kilby not kelby...

for $500 not painted nor shipped, you should know the brand name... im pretty sure they are the same rockers for the regular lj but just cut down a couple of inches to match the aev lines.
killby kollby kellby. it doesn't matter dude chillout

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbob2323 View Post
now all u need is a cummins engine in one of the jeeps to tow around the other one around. also, why not long arms on the LJ with everything else ur putting on it.

And tex, when are ur 60s gonna be finished lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckRider View Post
Long Arms at his height... for most. Some will argue that a well setup short arm will outperform a LA system of even decent quality. The advantages of the longer arms are less obvious at this height, and geometry is more important.

Also... this pic will make its way in here at some point since the question was asked:
X2 thanks for answering that.

here are the long awaited pics of the Jeep on JK wheels. obviously tires will be much bigger. but for now, this will work as a stage 1

Before

After

I really think this is how it should have came from the factory! looks balanced.

Also the Truss kit from TNT. took it with the axles over at my shop to get them welded.

and here is a pic of my bros Jeep rockin the XD addict wheels

LJ Build thread - Spider

JK Build thread (soon)

J8 Build thread (soon)

Quote:

Unread 10-18-2010, 04:44 PM   #105
Hendrix
TJOTY 2013

1997 TJ Wrangler 

I am with you on that. The LJ should have had that option. Looks great.
Hendrix is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.