"Special Delivery" a '71 DJ5-B... - Page 9 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > "Special Delivery" a '71 DJ5-B...

Poison spyder items @ oconee off road 706 534 9955FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 10-22-2012, 06:56 PM   #121
straightsixjeep
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by freaknajeep View Post
Thanks for all your support guys..im going to be out of commision for a couple days but plan on hittin it again come wednesday i hope
Hope ya feel better, I just had all 4 out! Fun fun!

straightsixjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-23-2012, 03:05 AM   #122
freaknajeep
1971 DJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by straightsixjeep View Post
Hope ya feel better, I just had all 4 out! Fun fun!
Yea thanks man...the oral surgeon was great....considering one had broken off all the eay down to gum line and the roots had grown around the nerve on both sides..i have yet to even feel the work they did on right and left would be great too but i keep having to put pressure cus its still bleeding a.bit....but if all goes well wife will buy me a crossbow as a sympathy present...lol..my elbows are pretty shoty and its difficult.for me to hold steady much less while at holding full draw at same time...i did manage to bag three does last year with my 69yr old british enfield 303(military)...so i was happy with that..well not really laws say i can harvest 8per season and i ran out around may...so i need to fill my quota and freezer...and even tho for some silly reaso you cant use crossbow during bow season it still adds 51 days to the season(primitive weapon)...anyways thanks again..

Shhhhhh I'm not crazy...It's just the voices in my head
freaknajeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-23-2012, 07:21 PM   #123
YJSos
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Awesome build!!! Way to save that old Jeep from just rutsing away to nothing. Get better soon.

"My Jeep Is Like A Bum, Always Begging For Change"

1989 YJ Patiently awaiting its new frame....
2001 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab TRD trying to keep it stock but its not working
YJSos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2012, 03:25 AM   #124
freaknajeep
1971 DJ 

So despite having dental surgery on monday i got alot accomplished yesterday...finished framing out the trans tunnel and got the rest of the actual(floorboards) done...also got single stick installed on t-case(sounds strange i know but been in 4low for 2yrs now)...today i plan on sheeting in the tunnel and getting shifter for trans installed...unfortunatly however the two hours i spent figuring out how to make honda console fit a big waste...wouldnt allow for case shifter and since a twin stick is in the future plans...yea well...anyways...soon as i can get firewall and tunnel closed up i can start pulling wire...oh yea and if all goes well ill even make it by the steel house for the two sticks of round solid i need to bend my door frames out of..hope to get those off to an upholstery shop fairly quick..tired of water getting in my now non rusty rig...lol...well think ill go back to sleep now...lol pics to come later today..also will finally have ok pics of seat mountng and harness attch points....cheers

Unread 10-24-2012, 01:27 PM   #125
straightsixjeep
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Keep it up buddy this gives me a lot of confidence to tear into my jeep. Im taking a break from my clutch replacement right now, a "friend" with a lift was going to help but I cant get ahold of him so Im tearing it down myself, man oh man a lift would make this easy. Couple more days and you wont even remember having surgery and you will be back 100% Im sure. Keep hydrated, lots of water but NO straws or any suction for atleast a week.
Unread 10-27-2012, 01:40 AM   #126
freaknajeep
1971 DJ 

ok well rain and cold are here...lol and then my stupidphone dies so no pics for a few days till new onee gets here.. but i got shifters in and trans tunnel done..went and got new tailights and steel for finishing firewall ...som tube for tube fenders and 1/2 round solid to make softdoor frames out of...just got to figure out who i can gt to canvas them...i guess ill go buy some batteries for the old outdated camra and take pics of the fenders as i get cranking on them tomorrow...so well cheers for now

Unread 10-27-2012, 07:51 PM   #127
straightsixjeep
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Do you have a cherokee?
Unread 10-29-2012, 03:56 PM   #128
freaknajeep
1971 DJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by straightsixjeep View Post
Do you have a cherokee?
yes i have obnoxiously large xj...fixing to sell as rolling chassis...ill post pics...

Unread 10-29-2012, 07:47 PM   #129
straightsixjeep
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
yes i have obnoxiously large xj...fixing to sell as rolling chassis...ill post pics...
Cool cool
Unread 10-30-2012, 11:44 PM   #130
freaknajeep
1971 DJ 

ok so lke firewall turned out awesome...got to giv myself props...i know i know no pics...but soon i promise...also got steering column and orbital mounted...on the down side the guages were going to interfere with the defroster duct so i had to rethink and build an outcrop for the guages to mount in...its kinda hideous but i realized it serves another pourpose...as im bouncing down the trail it keeps me from hitting the switches which control ingition and lighting...so hey whatever...ordered the seals and spindle bearing kits for front axle as well as rear pinion seal and heater core to build heat/dfrost system...am going to be able to use some of the original ducting like the blower/floor/defrost box...but ill have to custom make the core box as i want it located under the 45deg section of the passenger floorboard in a self contained box so when the heat isnt being used then the core box doesnt kick heat out into passenger compartment...the tube fenders are coming out great as well just need one more peice of 18"x18" diamond plate for the fender quarters(20$) and ill be done...i was abl to cut down the original fenders and use the inner fender section as well as original mounting areas..at first i was a little concerned with strength but after just a few tacks it was apparent that strenght wasnt going to be an issue....after much searching onine looking at various feul cells by many suppliers ive decided on a custom made(by me) made out of an 11gal air tank(pig) with a custom sump(to accomodate the occasional off canter stuckage)....the total cost of which is oh umm yeah freeeeeeeeeeee!!!!...pig from trash pile sump from scrap 18ga filler neck from ex-bronco..yada yada yada....so far on the electronics ive got jensen, r-fosgate and uniden oh and lets not forget the garmin....come christmas i have to decide on the frequency onboard welder system or a 4speed atlas tcase....am allready going for the income tax d-60front with cromos and detroits front and rear and 4:88:1 richmonds...so the atlas can come later but the onboard comes with 2 120vlt outlets that will power grindrs and elctric impacts plus a 200amp alt and a special controller box that wont run battery down when using as well as it will kill alll output if an issue arises so its pretty pimp...only costs a grand tho...hmmm only....a grand...hmmmm.....ouchy...oh yeah got replacment htc onex today...first one screen just went dark on me...wife decided she aint like hers so she got galaxy s3..left vme with jank phone plus hers as a back up phone for when mine dies again...lol......as i get closr to being done with the jeep i cant help but get ancy to start ordering parts for the z-car.....ive got 13000 in it but to look at it you would think i just drug it out of a feild untill you put it on a lift...its a second gen 1972 datsun 240-z with a 1975 l-28 out of a 280-z that was originaly fuel infected...i put a med grade cam and twin SU's on it as well as trading out the 4spd for a 74 model datsun truck 5speed...but anyways(always had a sic idea of an exo adapterplate toyota trans and tcase some coilovers and some 34"tsl's)...oh sorry got to daydreaming again....

Unread 11-05-2012, 08:56 AM   #131
freaknajeep
1971 DJ 

Ok so like got all the seals in for axles...looks like I'll be running stock 3.54:1 gears for now till the d60 front shows up....not sure how many rides I'll get out of my front carrier as one of the spider gears is chipped up pretty bad...oh well won't be the first time I've entered into the great unknown running iffy gears...lol...should have a good pic filled update here later today or tomorrow....well that is it for now...

Unread 11-09-2012, 05:36 AM   #132
BobA
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
should have a good pic filled update here later today or tomorrow.
Waiting..... Great build so far

77 DJ5
Soon to be streetrod
BobA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-20-2012, 01:30 PM   #133
freaknajeep
1971 DJ 

Ok so like gun season is open and I'm a grandpa at 42...thanks to my 15year old ...so no further progress yet

Unread 11-20-2012, 06:14 PM   #134
TrailJ
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by freaknajeep
Ok so like gun season is open and I'm a grandpa at 42...thanks to my 15year old ...so no further progress yet
Special delivery indeed

Congratulations, at least you'll be young enough to keep up with the little one.

'06 LJ
TrailJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-20-2012, 07:15 PM   #135
straightsixjeep
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Congrats Freak, my Gma was that age upon having my Father.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.