"Special Delivery" a '71 DJ5-B... - Page 67 - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #991 of 995 Old 09-01-2015, 10:36 AM Thread Starter
freaknajeep
1971 DJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeRabe View Post
Glad to see you've still got her and she's seeing some trail use! Post some wheeling pics I want to see more of that thing in action
workin on it buddy...lol....it would seem tho that all my offroad buddies are switching over to 4wheelers n side by sides....hhrrmmpphh...

on another note, the waggy finally actually broke down on me, spent several hours on the side of the interstate in the hot sun waiting on parts n tools....the water pump decided to take a crap. along with the belt and idler pulley....however i have(against my own judgement) installed a budget 2" lift temporarily to allow me to run the 31x10.50's.....i couldnt take the stationwagon look any longer...in reality it needs a 3.5-4" lift with rear springs, to fix all its real issues and worn out suspension....but at 297k and counting the waggy is still zippin down the road surprisingly well....well i guess thats it for now.......

Be carefull while Hugging the Trees...They leave dents on your Jeep....

Shhhhhh I'm not crazy...It's just the voices in my head
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #992 of 995 Old 09-01-2015, 11:46 AM
CommandoSolo
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Garage
I just don't understand the fun of a side by side.. I mean it seems just like a smaller rock bouncer.

2000 Wrangler
1979 Cherokee
post #993 of 995 Old 09-02-2015, 01:41 PM Thread Starter
freaknajeep
1971 DJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CommandoSolo View Post
I just don't understand the fun of a side by side.. I mean it seems just like a smaller rock bouncer.
I know right...Plus my buddy with the 2015 Honda foreman he just bought a month ago has already broken 2 axles....so i'm a lil confused how its supposed to be cheaper than a truck when the axles cost just as much....i do however own a 2005 Articcat 250 i have never riden because it needs a ring n piston kit...i had planed on fixing it to use for hunting but it would seem i might need to fix it so i can ride with my buddys.....seeing as the big giant jeep cant keep up speed wise with a group of 4wheelers....idk.........well oh yeah my front spacers for the waggy got here early, so once i have them on ill take pics of the waggys new stance....i know its bogus but after having one of the wranglers blow up n me doin 70, i just couldnt trust them any more....plus now it kinda looks like a "jeep"....the wood grain stripe down the side just screams station wagon, but now i feel like im in a "truck/Jeep" again, and it rides better somehow...might just be my imagination but i think the sidewalls are stiffer on the km2's...well thats all i got soooo........keep on jeepin

post #994 of 995 Old 11-21-2015, 11:35 PM
swampratt36

Hey buddy ive been start to finish on your build but it took me awhile . Wow lol...thats all i can say its an epic adventure / drama /novel lol . I cant remember where and my search skills failed me but i would like some pics of your handy dandy flex-o-matic super duper link arms for my sons zook we are fixin to hack up n throw his 10 n a quarter n ford 60 under . Can remember they went into one but didnt know how far from the upper link mount it was . Any hoo i know ur a busy feller but very generous with ur pics and tech and was hoping you wouldnt mond throwing up some pics for us to steal ur idea lol (for our super duper super flexy zooky buggy) not our personal gain lol . thanks brothsr n maybe i can offer some kinda inspirational pics of sum of our hunk when we get a thread going .
post #995 of 995 Old 03-10-2016, 07:09 PM Thread Starter
freaknajeep
1971 DJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by swampratt36 View Post
Hey buddy ive been start to finish on your build but it took me awhile . Wow lol...thats all i can say its an epic adventure / drama /novel lol . I cant remember where and my search skills failed me but i would like some pics of your handy dandy flex-o-matic super duper link arms for my sons zook we are fixin to hack up n throw his 10 n a quarter n ford 60 under . Can remember they went into one but didnt know how far from the upper link mount it was . Any hoo i know ur a busy feller but very generous with ur pics and tech and was hoping you wouldnt mond throwing up some pics for us to steal ur idea lol (for our super duper super flexy zooky buggy) not our personal gain lol . thanks brothsr n maybe i can offer some kinda inspirational pics of sum of our hunk when we get a thread going .
ummm so sorry fer the delay, but been distracted with the now over hunting season, and playing with and building 4wheelers...but yeah ill see if i cant dig thru my tons of pics and dredge up some...my jeep is about 100 miles away at a buds house so just steppin out to take new pics is not really an option....I can tell you this tho which might give you enuff to go on....on one side front and rear( and i switched sides front to rear) you have a y link, with one connection at frame, one at outside of axle(normal lower location) then one at top of truss/diff etc like on a factory jeep axle...the other side will only have a single link with one connection to frame and one connection on the outer end of axle( normal lower location)...the length depends on how long you want your wheel base to be and I preffer the frame mounting to be as close to the tcase x member as possible....the longer the arms the easier n greater the flex...you will have to use a track/panhard bar on front and rear with this suspension...these too i switched sides with mounting locatings...in other words if the frame connection in the front was on the left the frame connection on the rear was on the right...this prevents the vehicle from staggering hard to any one given side during hard flex...hope this helps

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.