"Special Delivery" a '71 DJ5-B... - Page 53 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > "Special Delivery" a '71 DJ5-B...

Black Friday Sale - Deep Discounts from ExtremeTerrain.com6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome Effect

Unread 03-28-2014, 07:16 PM   #781
freaknajeep
1971 DJ 

ok so a quick pic update...nothing special really...been dealing with my 3 month old german shepperd pup who has parvo...anyways...first few pics are a poser pic and a couple humor pics .......well here goes...

poser pic of the 2wd xj with "my new rubber" on it....

humor pics...."Woody the Waggy" posing as pre-ride thrown together mud truck...haha notice the parts on ground, hood up and flat tire.....

an actual look at the 34"tsl's....

more humor....true lcog...no lift 34's....naw man it wont rub.....

ok so on to pics of actual progress....first coat of spray on rustoleum tan bed liner.....

with speakers...lol

well that's about it...don't worry folks I do not intend on attempting to run the 34's with out a lift.......as far as the scattered parts I removed all the wrong size heater hoses to replace with the correct ones, and took off the power steering pump to replace it....while I have it off ill adjust the steering box and replace the lower radiator hose as well as a new set of stock shocks for now(ill swap these to the 2wd xj at some point)....after I can get it to hold coolant and p/s fluid I can start driving it to work out any running issues before lifting....or using as a tow vehicle(haha)....

Shhhhhh I'm not crazy...It's just the voices in my head
freaknajeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-29-2014, 07:41 AM   #782
lovett86
1990 YJ Wrangler 

jeeps are looking great, keep up the good work

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/90-yj-frame-swap-build-up-1434246/
lovett86 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-29-2014, 08:46 AM   #783
OldCJ
1978 CJ5 

You might as well replace the PS high pressure hose since you have the pump off. I did mine 2 weeks ago after it blew out in my driveway. I bent the lines back and forth at the box till they snapped off so I could use a deep well socket instead of a line wrench. Autozone had the lines in stock.
OldCJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-29-2014, 10:15 AM   #784
freaknajeep
1971 DJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCJ View Post
You might as well replace the PS high pressure hose since you have the pump off. I did mine 2 weeks ago after it blew out in my driveway. I bent the lines back and forth at the box till they snapped off so I could use a deep well socket instead of a line wrench. Autozone had the lines in stock.
haha yea I bet that made them easy...lol...but no someone the P/O had replaced the line very very recently and crossthreaded it into the pump cracking the pump and the resivoir somehow....upon a fair amount of inspection somehow it didn't damage the line assembly...if it doesn't work I have the part under warrantee at auto being as I have owned like 20 xj's...lol...well more like 10 but it seemed like 20....last time I looked up something at autozone they freaked out a little....turns out I have 32 pages of parts under warrantee on like 70 different vehicles....I asked if they could print me out a list they said NO!!!!.....now how im a gonna make some killer money working on some cars with warrantee parts.....doh...j/k about the wrenching part...I barley got time to keep al my crap running, much less wrench on someone elses...less it a buddy thing....

Unread 03-30-2014, 11:37 AM   #785
freaknajeep
1971 DJ 

so looks like the weather might be cooperative today, yesterday it was cold wet and real windy...gonna try and make some headway on the big dj as well as possibly reinstall the p/s pump on the waggy....I really need to clean the waggys engine bay as my hands still have nasty stains from the 288k worth of nasty....I used to wrench for a living and don't think I ever saw anything quite as nasty...lol...well...anyways as usual ill keep a good pic log of whatever I decide to do...

Unread 03-30-2014, 12:07 PM   #786
straightsixjeep
1998 XJ Cherokee 

I just got done scrubbing my hands for a half hour, I know the pain freak haha. Have fun out there, I just pulled an all nighter getting my trans back in. Trying to stay up to wrench more. Keep up the good work.
Unread 04-02-2014, 09:17 AM   #787
CommandoSolo
2000 TJ Wrangler 

That's a lot of XJs haha!

Eagle Scout Jeeper #135
CommandoSolo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-03-2014, 09:21 PM   #788
freaknajeep
1971 DJ 

so managed to get some progress done on the big dj....sorta...winches are bolted to stay, one quarter window back in, rear wheel wells bed lined, nothing major...my pup with parvo passed, the vet had seen her the day before I admitted her but refused to do a parvo test...if she had I might still have my dog....but anyways did take a couple day to build my chickens a coop...they are happy now...lol ....did get the fuel cell fully test fitted and bolted down now to take it back out before final coating of the interior...well that's it for now...

Unread 04-03-2014, 09:46 PM   #789
straightsixjeep
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Sorry to hear about your pup, however glad to hear your making progress and taking care of what needs to be done.
Unread 04-04-2014, 12:41 AM   #790
freaknajeep
1971 DJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by straightsixjeep View Post
Sorry to hear about your pup, however glad to hear your making progress and taking care of what needs to be done.
thanks...we gave her a traditional celtic funeral being as she had parvo and all...im also trying to get into breeding meat rabbits...but that is a project for a later day...wifes already on my but about the pool again...uugghh its barely april woman...lol

Unread 04-05-2014, 08:54 PM   #791
freaknajeep
1971 DJ 

so its 20 days until my goal of being able to ride....hmmmm...so at this point im back to the usual scenario of do I get it rideable and finish the minor details later or do I finish it and deadline bedamned....now doors and painting of hood can easily be postponed being as the summer is soon to be upon us..but what else can I slide back I mean it really is just an offroad mud truck soon to be covered in the worst of muck...and left to sit when thru riding till I finally get around to cleaning it so is making it all look brand spanking new worth it...I mean I could always give it a good cleaning and finish the primping later...im ready to ride....in reality all that matters is everything works...i.e. it charges, it runs, has oil pressure, doesn't smoke or rattle, trans pulls without slippin, t case works in 4wd low(anything else is bonus), lights works, radio works and most of all winches function...I mean I want it to be all fresh and shiny and new first ride out but how much riding will I continue to miss in order to accomplish this........any thoughts...

Unread 04-05-2014, 10:26 PM   #792
straightsixjeep
1998 XJ Cherokee 

You could hold out and get in every last detail then snap some "finished" pictures, but like most jeeps it will never be done. The more time you get this thing on the trail the more fine tuning you can do. All work and no play is no fun at all.
Unread 04-05-2014, 10:26 PM   #793
OldCJ
1978 CJ5 

Keep plugging away! You get a lot of stuff done in a short amount of time. But in the end, what the hell difference does a coat of paint make? The point of all of the work we do is to have fun. If it stops being fun? Hell, we can go to work for that.
OldCJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-06-2014, 07:30 PM   #794
bigman3000
2013 JK Wrangler 

i just wanted to say that i really have enjoyed this thread; i actually joined the forum so as to write in and express my appreciation for all your hard work in posting your progress and all the pictures.

i have read all through the 50+ pages and i look forward to the ongoing DJ restoration!

you are an inspiration, sir.
bigman3000 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-07-2014, 01:01 AM   #795
freaknajeep
1971 DJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigman3000 View Post
i just wanted to say that i really have enjoyed this thread; i actually joined the forum so as to write in and express my appreciation for all your hard work in posting your progress and all the pictures.

i have read all through the 50+ pages and i look forward to the ongoing DJ restoration!

you are an inspiration, sir.
well thank you very much...its comments like this and the ones from all my other loyal readers that keep me on here late at night posting for all to see and enjoy(actually it the insomnia...lol)...but in all seriousness you just made my day....I have done my best to show what you can accomplish with a few tools, no warm dry place to work, or even level for that matter, and how to scrounge beg borrow and steal usable material from non automotive sources...lol...and soon very soon I hope to have pics of it(the big dj "Special Deivery") actuall in an off road setting utilizing it own power...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.