"Special Delivery" a '71 DJ5-B... - Page 50 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > "Special Delivery" a '71 DJ5-B...

RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all ECGS Black Friday Sale!!6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!

Unread 03-12-2014, 04:29 PM   #736
freaknajeep
1971 DJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by straightsixjeep View Post
Time for a glass pack? Haha nice work.
haha got some glass packs today....lol....but anyways...

the newest member of our jeep family just showed up ill have more pics on that later on...but its a 93 Cherokee maroon in color...plain jane basic sport model in a 2wd configuration...4.0/aw4....my 16yr old daughter has been cleaning it since it arrived...lol(well it is for her)....decided im going to donate my brand new 235's to her and give it a 2" poser lift so it looks more "Jeep" like....as well as new shocks and a valve cover job....its amazingly dent free and has 160k(barely broke in) on it....she wants it yellow n black, so ill also prolly give her the aluminum rims from the waggy and build it a decent roof rack, and some driving lights since its hard to see the roads around here t night...no lights and real curvy....so anyways....any body know of where I could attend some J/A meetings.......Hi! Im Oliver....Im a Jeep Addict.....its been 2 hrs since I purchased my last jeep....I think I might have a problem.....

Shhhhhh I'm not crazy...It's just the voices in my head
freaknajeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-12-2014, 05:48 PM   #737
OldCJ
1978 CJ5 

I'm at page 31 of your thread so far and I dig it a lot. Now, back to reading.
OldCJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-12-2014, 06:48 PM   #738
freaknajeep
1971 DJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCJ View Post
I'm at page 31 of your thread so far and I dig it a lot. Now, back to reading.
thanks man....and glad you stopped by...welcome to the twisted thread that somewhat accurately depicts my life...lol.........ps stay tuned more o fall this to come....

Unread 03-12-2014, 07:38 PM   #739
OldCJ
1978 CJ5 

And here I am at the last page. Great job, man. Thrilled to see you kept the original rear gate. Here's my 74 cj with the steel top I fixed up for it. We're definitely on the same page as far as form > function. http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/me...50/index7.html
OldCJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-12-2014, 11:55 PM   #740
freaknajeep
1971 DJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCJ View Post
And here I am at the last page. Great job, man. Thrilled to see you kept the original rear gate. Here's my 74 cj with the steel top I fixed up for it. We're definitely on the same page as far as form > function. http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/me...50/index7.html
haha...just out of curiosity were you referring to the little or big dj?...your jeep looks a lot like what I would like for the little dj to be like....the big one has gotten just a little out of control...I tried to reel it back in the first year but after that there was just no stopping(and then again I could be full o ****)...I have gotten a little frustrated with the little (daily) dj and have purposely put it on the back burner to prevent selling it....

Unread 03-13-2014, 02:35 AM   #741
CommandoSolo
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by freaknajeep View Post
.any body know of where I could attend some J/A meetings.......Hi! Im Oliver....Im a Jeep Addict.....its been 2 hrs since I purchased my last jeep....I think I might have a problem.....
Oddly enough my Jeep club's name is actually Jeepers Anonymous

I realize I'm a couple pages late but that before and after of the big DJ is literally insane, you do good work. I enjoy this thread more than some of the fancier rigs just so ya know. (always need more beer)

Eagle Scout Jeeper #135
CommandoSolo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-13-2014, 05:00 PM   #742
freaknajeep
1971 DJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CommandoSolo View Post
Oddly enough my Jeep club's name is actually Jeepers Anonymous

I realize I'm a couple pages late but that before and after of the big DJ is literally insane, you do good work. I enjoy this thread more than some of the fancier rigs just so ya know. (always need more beer)
well thank you sir...lol...I do try....

ok so im getting frustrated I cant seem to find any way of getting my exhaust out from under the big dj.....best I can seem to do is a pair of turn outs right in front of the rear springs.....being as I know I will be in water on a regular basis that is above that level im concerned....(well not really)...but I really had wanted this time around for my exhaust to be high n dry.....my main reason for concern is that when sitting idling in deep water there might be an issue of fumes...not so much as damage to engine...my 400 never stalls..so no concern there but if im sitting in deep water wainting for the stuck guy in front or if im stuck myself I don't want to be affixiated.......
but on a different note altogether they finally cleared the deposit so I will soon be on another parts ordering spree...yeehaa..ok so back at it and ill have pics later tonight....

Unread 03-13-2014, 05:31 PM   #743
ivester1992
2006 TJ Wrangler 

your sir do not have a problem you just have a very productive lifestyle.
Unread 03-14-2014, 10:56 AM   #744
freaknajeep
1971 DJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivester1992 View Post
your sir do not have a problem you just have a very productive lifestyle.
haha yea...3hrs a day, 3 days a week, over 3 years...lol....that's progress for ya...but thanks for boosting my ego....not be confused with eggo, both of which can be microwaved, and best served with syrup....oh sorry ran off at the brain there.....

so its official, the front axle is going to rock city..."Detroit" that is....lol....
locker and g2 axles will be here next week...I better get busy oh and as well as the 6.5 rough country lift/sye and adams driveshaft..(for the waggy)...being as im on a deadline(self proclaimed) with the big DJ which is to be able to ride by april 25th(my b-day)....the waggy will be a sagging wagon from all the part in the back...lol...for about a month or so as I finish "Special"...I do plan on swapping out the control arms and such with an iron rock offroad 3-link longarm upgrade....with buying the extra xj it dipped into "my" jeep budget....and not sure if I said this already but the 2wd xj will get the 2" poser lift and the new set of 235 wranglers I just bought...got to have good shoes on the daughters ride....besides the little dj is on the back burner for now(since I no longer need to sell it for jeep funding)....its next progression will be actual 4wd, wheelbase stretch, removable roof, and turned into a single seat crawler(that "could" be driven on the street legally if need be)....so that's it for now..

Unread 03-14-2014, 08:54 PM   #745
91AzXJ

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Why not go exhaust stacks on the big DJ?
91AzXJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-14-2014, 09:43 PM   #746
freaknajeep
1971 DJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 91AzXJ View Post
Why not go exhaust stacks on the big DJ?
ehh thought of that too but cant seem to find anywhere to run them up...ill come up with some thing eventually but it will prolly mean it will have to go to a real exhaust shop.....but hey thanks...I could go ultra radical and just get a set off thru the hood headers.....not..lol

Unread 03-14-2014, 10:20 PM   #747
freaknajeep
1971 DJ 

ok so I know I promised pics..so here they are.....

starting with the oh so exciting 93 2wd xj the newest member to the clan......

boy that was sum fun huh???...lol...

ok so now on to more tube work....

first just some more of the cage itself, some pics may be repeats(or rather more pics of the same stuff only in daylight)....

ok so now on to the shock mounting tubes....i.e. fun with tight spaces and hole saws....

and now to add the tubes...lol

and the mounting tabs/brackets....

well that's all the pics for now.....as I was about to enter the "card" for the lift on the waggy, it occurred to me that it might be a good thing to wait until the big dj moves...it would be a shame to be this close and run out of money or have to dip into the "fab shop" budget...I did however order the optima 31 series blue top, the RRC 15gal aluminum fuel cell(the long tall skinny one, to try and conserve on bed space), and a set of hood latches for it...dpent most of todat finish welding up the majority of the cage and stripping it back down for paint...also ordered a new set of quarter window seals and windshield seal that way I could remove the glass during finish welding and paint...besides the old seals were done for.....oh so im tired....provided the weather holds out I should get all the last few pieces in on the cage, and welded up....after that there are a few odds and ends on the body like harness, fuel cell, battery, and cb mounts....then its paint time...then I get to put it all back together....all the while I keep telling myself..."Hey Stupid!!!! its a mud truck!!!"...well I guess im going to go to bed now, or at least try...."cheers"

Unread 03-15-2014, 02:02 AM   #748
straightsixjeep
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Looks great Freak, real clean tube work. Glad to see your acquiring more xj's, you can never have to many!
Unread 03-15-2014, 11:43 AM   #749
freaknajeep
1971 DJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by straightsixjeep View Post
Looks great Freak, real clean tube work. Glad to see your acquiring more xj's, you can never have to many!
nope sure cant...that's why XJ stands for extra jeeps..lol...well time to get on it again yeeha

Unread 03-15-2014, 09:50 PM   #750
freaknajeep
1971 DJ 

ok so got a lot done today....well I guess you could call it a lot...it was really just some finish welding then a couple upper nerf bars/sliders...with an area left in case I get rich and can afford a 12" led light bar....(that'll be a long time coming)...as I was staring trying to figure out where I could place the optima...it occurred to me to notch out one of the rear fender boxes and install it behind the drivers seat...with a lid of course to keep unwanted contact by coolers, tool kits etc...I was unable to find a battery box that worked with the 31 series blue top so I guess ill have to fab one up myself or even just mount it in a conventional method/configuration....ok so just to warn you my mind is jumping all over the place so if it seems ive gone off track its because I have!!!...still dealing with the issue of finding an acceptable x-bar location, waiting til I get the battery and fuel cell mounted or at lest better thought out before I decide whether to omit the x-bar....I understand that to some (major)degree the cage would not be near as effective without it, but then I have to think that 90% of the time when I play turtle I just flop at a low rate of speed verses a quick rate of tumble...however that does not mean that I choose to forego and or dismiss the importance and need for the x-bar...I just have to figure out how to incooperate it into my current configuration...I wanted to upgrade shocks but guess ill settle for a new set of 30" pro comp explorer's for the front and 36" explorer's for the rear...since that's what I had and the mounts are for...so next week is going to be exciting with all the parts showing up....

on a super super special note the shop budget has been authorized.... ive done al the pricing and leg work and to build a 20x30 with 6" slab wired and rebared with 10'walls, and 16' peak(12/10 pitch)...a 12/12 double barn style door and 1 entry door....$6500 if I do all the labor except (slab finish) myself...I already have a complete 125 amp panel with all the breakers (for the electrical...so even tho im trying not to I might take a break to build a shop....well that's all...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.