"Special Delivery" a '71 DJ5-B... - Page 45 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > "Special Delivery" a '71 DJ5-B...

Poison spyder items @ oconee off road 706 534 9955Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe Solution to Radius Arm Bind - Meet Lock-N-Load

Unread 02-26-2014, 12:11 AM   #661
straightsixjeep
1998 XJ Cherokee 

For you that should make for a good days work

Unread 02-26-2014, 08:24 AM   #662
CommandoSolo
2000 TJ Wrangler 

That may not have sounded very elegant haha but it did make sense, and it's certainly an interesting set-up that's for sure!

Eagle Scout Jeeper #135
CommandoSolo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-26-2014, 02:38 PM   #663
freaknajeep
1971 DJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by straightsixjeep View Post
For you that should make for a good days work
yeah i wish...lol....glad you have such a high opinion of me....

Quote:
Originally Posted by CommandoSolo View Post
That may not have sounded very elegant haha but it did make sense, and it's certainly an interesting set-up that's for sure!
hey i'm many things but, im pretty sure elegant isn't one of them...lmafo

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

so things I can cross off my lists....

tires and rims for little dj at tire store getting mounted and balanced

picked up metal for the following....
rear bumper(big dj)
fuel cell straps(both djs)
drivers door(big dj)
and some 1/8" flat for capping and other misc uses

rear lights (big dj)
degreaser...(purple power)
u-joints for little dj...

the new rear bumper for big dj will be as follows,
42" of capped 2x6x1/4 wall tube with 2x4x1/4 wall brackets....
the winch will be mounted to the backside with cable pulling thru bumper...the hole thru which the cable runs will be fully sealed and all bolts will be silicone to keep bumper free of water....its gonna be a total pain to build but I think its going to be pimp.....

on the bright side of all the sad things that have happened lately we got the call today that wifes father had a secondary life insurance....its not huge but its nice.....there may finally be a dana 60 front in the near future....boy wouldn't it be nice to find one already built with a locker 4.56's chromos and already gusseted for a drivers side drop ford around $1500+ shipping....ok...ok...I know I'll keep on dreaming....well that's all for now

Shhhhhh I'm not crazy...It's just the voices in my head
freaknajeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-26-2014, 05:09 PM   #664
freaknajeep
1971 DJ 

ok so not exactly sure what happened....but I went out for mickey d's and came home with an 89 waggy.....everything seems to work...including 4wd...haha tested it already...will have pics tomorow

Unread 02-26-2014, 06:26 PM   #665
freaknajeep
1971 DJ 

ok so maybe im just a little excited and took some pics already....ill have better ones tomorrow....but here goes

the newest jeep addition....

it has a full set plus matching spare of these....are these the "moab" rims everyone keeps talking about????

a pic of one of the new shoes for the little dj...

no serious plans for the waggy yet other than some brake work, shocks, and fix the power steering...think the pumps bad...it surges and sometimes doesn't work...but haven't even loked a it yet....it does have a 4.0 tho....so hi-ho the dairy-o a jeepin I will go.....before any mods are made first must deem it fully functional..and rather than using the $30k minivan to teach space cadet of an older daughter to drive in will use the waggy for that purpose as well.....

Unread 02-26-2014, 06:39 PM   #666
freaknajeep
1971 DJ 

ok so I answered my own question about the rims...definitely not moab's......

Unread 02-26-2014, 07:00 PM   #667
tyvanwie
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I'm only posting this because the 666 posts are scaring me

I'm pretty sure I know what I'm talking about. I think...
tyvanwie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-26-2014, 07:02 PM   #668
freaknajeep
1971 DJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyvanwie View Post
I'm only posting this because the 666 posts are scaring me
whew yeah thanks man..i would have hated for my thread to become a portal for some demons, or worse....ZOMBIES....

Unread 02-26-2014, 07:55 PM   #669
straightsixjeep
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Awesome new Waggy Freak, I just saw one on CL and was so tempted. This thread gets better and better.
Unread 02-26-2014, 08:31 PM   #670
freaknajeep
1971 DJ 

Quote:
Awesome new Waggy Freak, I just saw one on CL and was so tempted. This thread gets better and better.
thanks man interior is pretty rough outside is faded but otherwise body is in good condition(prolly not for long)....trans works but seems real soft feeling....and seems to flipflop out of overdrive but judging from the fluid levels elsewhere could just be low on fluids.....power steering pump is dry(empty) and the box and all the lines are wet, might explain why the p/s doesn't work....at this point I might give the little dj to my oldest girl as her mailjeep and keep the xj for myself....haven't decided yet....she is easily persuaded to do stupid things and I can just hear the call now....daddy...my boyfriend sank my jeep.....it really would be better suited for hunting and what not than the pretty lil dj....oh almost forgot only gave $1000 cash for it....

Unread 02-26-2014, 08:56 PM   #671
straightsixjeep
1998 XJ Cherokee 

One day snap a shot of the Jeep lineup
Unread 02-26-2014, 09:17 PM   #672
freaknajeep
1971 DJ 

Quote:
One day snap a shot of the Jeep lineup
yes that will be cool.....wife just told me to look for dana 60 fronts....ooh ooh ooh i'm like a kid in a candy store.....I found 3 for right at $1000 + shipping then id need a locker and gears...so that's another $1000....but to have 60's front and rear the big dj would be unstoppable....especially after either an atlas case or the klune underdrive.....id be killin it....and all those chevys would have to kiss my truckballs.......

Unread 02-27-2014, 10:42 AM   #673
freaknajeep
1971 DJ 

ok so after much thinking and arguing with myself I think I have a gameplan in mind for the newest member of my jeep family....so here goes my absolutely brilliant idea...

a 4.5"-5" lift of some "Store bought" brand...leaning toward rough country but still researching/comparing as in reality money wont be an object
some 32"s of some sort....something that will allow me to zip down the interstate then drop off in it, with out too much vibration or road noise
store bought front and rear bumpers of some sort...I like the smitty built stuff....
and at least an 8000 pounder, prolly smitty as well....I like the 10k I've had for about 6 years now
strip and bedline the interior with some cheapy spray on from orielys
camo seat covers...
some form of cheap lockers(this is going to be a streetable/offroad rig for that hunting trip or weekend when the big dj is just a little much(ha never)...what I meant to say was broke...
home built roofrack to hold spare tire and highlift and lowprofile tool/recovery gear storage
and the most important thing.....a regular xj front grill and lights.....but the ugly is growing on me....

so there it is yall....my grand ingenius plan for "Woody" the waggy....I would like to get rid of all the electric seats and doors tho and since it needs paint ill prolly camo it sooner or later....but I detest electric windows, door locks and most of all the electric seat.....the motor never goes out when the seat is where you need it to be...and I have stupid short little legs....well I am only 5'8" so guess that stands to reason...ill get a complete run of daytime photos including interior and engine compartments here later today...definitely gonna go grab a few yards of camo from the local fabric store tho so I can redo the headliner...before the foam board gets completely destroyed......well of to working on jeeps....woohoo

Unread 02-27-2014, 09:59 PM   #674
freaknajeep
1971 DJ 

ok so as promised here are some pics of the new xj in the day time.....afterwards an update of all I got done today.....

xj pics....oh excuse me wagoneer pics....and might I add its in perfect ready for offroad condition...lol

ok so there he is in all his 288k beauty....."Woody" the waggy....

Unread 02-27-2014, 10:19 PM   #675
freaknajeep
1971 DJ 

ok and now for the update......

first up front turn signals on the little dj....since we are on the subject of the little dj, today I got the tires bolted up, as well as the u-joints and d/s installed...she drove awesome considering the trans fluid is still just a little low....tomorrow I might even drive her to the tag office for her tag.....ok so on to the few pics of her signals....

and now on to the pics of real work....lol

todays real project was rear bumper 101......

starting with some tube....

after some measuring and marking....

fun at the drill press...not....

after some cutoff wheel fun.....

and then some capping and welding....

redneck forge....had to heat some flat to bend around a piece of 1" rnd tube for inserts at cable slot....

first of the inserts in...didn't bother taking a pic of the second one...batteries on cam were getting low....

all welded and kinda cleaned up.....

just needs a couple clevis tabs, and brackets.....you get the picture right?...lol

well that's what I did today how bout you?....I must say im tired..oh I did look at a 93 2wd xj with a 4.0l for $1500 would be a much better candidate for a vehicle for my oldest (at home) daughter than the waggy...loads cleaner and half the miles....well that's it for me today...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.