"Special Delivery" a '71 DJ5-B... - Page 40 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > "Special Delivery" a '71 DJ5-B...

*VOTE NOW Help Metalcloak Giveaway an XJ Suspension*Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

Unread 11-05-2013, 09:54 AM   #586
CommandoSolo
2000 TJ Wrangler 

WOW i forget to check in for a month and little DJ is almost done and an XJ build may be in the works!!

Eagle Scout Jeeper #135
CommandoSolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-05-2013, 07:22 PM   #587
straightsixjeep
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Can't wait for the MJ build after the XJ. Gonna be sick. Hahaha
Unread 11-05-2013, 08:32 PM   #588
TrailJ
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Keep us up to date on your DJs man they are very cool and I want to are them in action!
TrailJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-05-2013, 09:07 PM   #589
freaknajeep
1971 DJ 

thanks guys....I will keep on with the updates....its 6 days till muzzle loader season im bout to go nutz....I lost a day of work today due to having to make a run up to Tennessee...and rain is coming in tomorrow...but only one days worth....so ill basically only have like 3 days to try and finish the little dj..sunday ill be finishing stretching out my reach on my rifles and setting up my blinds..if I absolutely have to ill drive the ford but its not really safe...its in dire need of kingpins, swing arm bushings and I noticed a few cracks in the welds on the bed mounts(not my welding)...the welds are easy enuff fixed...but everthin else is iffy...my hunt property is only like 15 minutes away tho...ill just have to play it by ear....no way im getting any blood in mamas van tho...lol

Shhhhhh I'm not crazy...It's just the voices in my head
freaknajeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-07-2013, 08:41 PM   #590
freaknajeep
1971 DJ 

ok just bout coughed up my dinner as I heard the announcer on the outdoor channel say "Silverado the official truck of the outdoors".....sorry I just don't see it that way

Unread 11-07-2013, 08:46 PM   #591
TJ-Joe
1984 CJ7 

Maybe this is what they meant:
TJ-Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-07-2013, 08:49 PM   #592
tyvanwie
1998 TJ Wrangler 

At least they didn't say the KL...

I'm pretty sure I know what I'm talking about. I think...
tyvanwie is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-08-2013, 09:14 AM   #593
freaknajeep
1971 DJ 

ok so shocks are all in, steering is just about done all I have left to do to it is the steering coupler and backyard alignment(think I be needin some balljoints)....hoping to fire it off later today and try and drive it around to the drive way...I do still have to finish bleeding the brakes...oh and set timing and points once I have it running...definitely gonna be going to the gm style "HEI" dist for 150$ once I got some extra pennies...still gonna have to make up some doors and finish the paint work but its too cold at this point for me to worry bout any of that(doors needed yes, paint can wait)...would be nice to just take it all back apart take all the pieces and entire body over too where I used to work and have them powder coat the entire thing darn near for free....maybe next year once I remove the roof to replace the multi-channel section that attaches the roof to the body and gives the structure strength...ehh it will prolly end up getting good quality camo job sooner or later im still not sure....ahh the issues that arise from having ADHD....oh look a squirrel.....im still gathering pics so sorry for that....

Unread 11-09-2013, 02:15 AM   #594
freaknajeep
1971 DJ 

ok so here goes again...had a whole blurb typed then poof the whole thing just vanished...weird man...anyways as I typed before....didn't make it all the way to start up...tomorrow tho...picked up a few non jeep related goodies....I have some year, some make and model 4 wheeler coming tomorrow(don't ask)....one of those buddy calls up " hey I got this old 4wheeler I aint got no use for" things...don't think it runs at the moment...also picking up an 80's model Suzuki GS1000 with new motor in need of being reassembled into a bike....and a new old Thompson Center Renegade .50cal....(a Hawken replica)...I use a TC thunderhawk .50cal during primitive weapon season...hmmm a welder, a 4wheeler, and a fresh 1000cc motor...oh boy this might not be good...well Monday is the start of primitive weapon, and a cold front is coming thru as well as the rutting moon is on the 17th this year(ha like ill ever see a big buck) so ill be attempting to fill my freezer...it bees rempty main...lol...well im goin back to bed its 3:15am here

Unread 11-09-2013, 02:27 PM   #595
freaknajeep
1971 DJ 

ok so im kinda stoked the 4wheeler turned out to be a low mileage 2005 artic cat 250 2x4...it has spark and lights all work oil looks good tank is full of bad gas..gonna clean carb and tank tomorrow...had to drill the ignition...as it came with no key...not sure how hard its supposed to be to pull the cord...I figured it would at least have as much compression as a lawnmower..

Unread 11-10-2013, 08:45 PM   #596
freaknajeep
1971 DJ 

well turns out the bleeder screws on the rear wheel cylinders are frozen solid...which halts the progress on the little dj till Friday at least...but at least got the 4wheeler to sputter...everything is clogged up with old congealed gas so well sputtering is life tho...sorta..

Unread 11-11-2013, 11:56 PM   #597
CommandoSolo
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Sweet gig on the new toys.

Eagle Scout Jeeper #135
CommandoSolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-12-2013, 05:06 AM   #598
freaknajeep
1971 DJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CommandoSolo View Post
Sweet gig on the new toys.
thanks...the .50cal turned out to be crap(wont fire) even after 2 days worth of work...the 4wheeler just seems to need thawing out(clean tank carb etc) it does however need the starter freewheel clutch assembly($200)....but it has a pull cord...and im contemplating on passing up the zuki so as to have funds to invest in the artic cat....ive done bunch of research on the bike and it turns out they are highly sought after(at least the 4wd versions are) and will supposedly flat out kill a set of 29.5 outlaws(what ever that means)...I never had a 4wheeler before...so im kinda stoked...hopefully ill be able to control myself and just keep it mostly stock for hunting purposes...but to have something I can throw in back of truck and go play in woods....oh im so f****d....Yay me more things to P.O. the wife with......

update on the little dj.....

trans lines are in as well as dipstick o-ring...have still not accomplished getting a correct alt belt...never did get it fired off the other day...have been somewhat distracted...but after driving the old ford to the hunt spot yesterday(scary very scary) I think I got the motivation I need to get er done...still need money(Friday) but there are some piddly things I can wrap up til then oh and I know you guys are still waiting on pics...sorry...but if its any consolation so are the guys on the 4wheeler forum..well that's all

Unread 11-13-2013, 09:10 AM   #599
ivester1992
2006 TJ Wrangler 

looking forward to some more photos
Unread 11-13-2013, 12:39 PM   #600
TrailJ
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Yeah I want to see it run !
TrailJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.