"Special Delivery" a '71 DJ5-B... - Page 38 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > "Special Delivery" a '71 DJ5-B...

SYE Kits from CCOR! 706-207-4140Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

Unread 10-21-2013, 09:14 AM   #556
ashland82391
Out of money yet...Yup!

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by freaknajeep View Post
ok so a few quick pics...lol...

so this here would be a pic of the opposite of progress..

all back together...

relay and switch harness for the blower motor...

pile o parts.......

shocks installed in rear...

new fuel pump..

now on to fun stuff...on board arms rack...

some tabs..

the hooks...

the tube...

just add arms....

I still have to drill the three mounting holes and fab up the pieces that will allow me to lock everything up....I found that I didn't have enuff steel for the front shock mounts so gonna make that run tomorrow...man it seems like the list of itty bitty things is never ending...well till the next post yo....
Love the gun mount!

ashland82391 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-21-2013, 11:16 AM   #557
freaknajeep
1971 DJ 

ok just a quick list of parts on the way

steering gear box
upper radiator hose
plug wires
rear door locks
temp send unit
window rubber
left and right hand 1ton TRE's from ruff stuff one with taper hole
large taper inserts
TRE weld in adaptors for 1"id tube
dorman 81020 u-joint strap kit
4 stainless hood latchs.2 for little dj 2 for big dj
1 case hand grenades(live)
50mm turret gun to mount on roof
garlic loaded hollwpoints just in case of vampires

j/k about the last 3 but with the ever looming zombie/undead/vampire/werewolf threat(pretty sure Obama is one of these), they would be nice to have..

Shhhhhh I'm not crazy...It's just the voices in my head
freaknajeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-22-2013, 07:30 PM   #558
freaknajeep
1971 DJ 

ok so small amounts of progress have been made...went ahead and cut out for radio, removed all steering components, still have to make a run to town to swap out brake shoes... all these little time consuming minor details bug me to no end...just proves 90/10 rule....you know the rule about where the first 90% of the work takes 10% of the time and the last 10% of the work takes 90% of the time....got all the holes drilled for the gun mount now I just have to bed line it and find some tool dip for the cradles...as the time for me to be in the woods hunting approaches it becomes more difficult for me to concentrate on the task at hand...I have roughly 21 days until I can legally sit under my favorite tree waiting for food to walk by...the first 11 days are primitive weapon and I still don't have the new scope on my .50cal sighted in..im on paper at 60yrds so it shouldn't be that hard...I plan on ordering a Caldwell fieldpod to finish the sighting in and to allow my 9yr old daughter to go hunting with me this year...if I can ever get her to shut up that is...daddy daddy daddy just aint gonna work while hunting!!!...lol....

anyways since im so far off subject as it is, I guess I post a few pics from back in the day...nothing fancy like you guys do but hey....

we had lots of fun on these cars they were nice and pretty(non functional but pretty) when we started...I got to break first glass...I will try and find the actual pics of being on the cars...these are also the cars that helped my 38x11 cut boggers turn my ungusseted dana 35 into a pretzel...I still drove it home but only in front wheel drive...

only in a " " oh come on you know what im talking about...

kids!!!!...what can ya do...lol

sorry bout the blurriness of this pic...this area was originally called second ditch or the picnic area...its name got changed to "1 Bee Hill"..if you look closely you will notice im not in the jeep...I had been trying to get out of this ditch for about 15 minutes its hard to tell just how steep the walls are from the pic...at the top of this line there was what we called "Death Root"..it had taken out several front axles over the past few months...I was giving it a good go and decided rather than break I was just gonna jump out and winch up and over the root....well the yellow jackets that lived in the ground around the "Death Root"hd a completely different idea of what was going to happen...ill look for the video of me running away very fast while being attacked by the little yellow b****rds...the jeep sat there running for another 30min before I could make it back to it safely...thank god for the epipen im allergic and they got me like 10 times...I have also had my but kicked by a 1" long yellow fuzzy caterpillar in the same woods(please don't ask)

well speaking of that little fuzzy buddy that caused me so so so much pain(seriously very "F"ing painful) this fall ive noticed several hundred if not thousands all over my property for the first time...all floating down from the trees on little silk strings, and crawling on everything..im glad its fixing to turn cold and kill all those little fuzzy suckers...
anywho ill take some pics of stereo install and whatever else it is that I have actually done tomorrow after I take my father-in-law to the Dr. ....for now im gonna sip on one of these really weird tasting "Shiners" and watch some tube... or can we even call it that anymore??

Unread 10-22-2013, 11:53 PM   #559
straightsixjeep
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Watch out for those caterpillars!!!!
Unread 10-22-2013, 11:55 PM   #560
ashland82391
Out of money yet...Yup!

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by straightsixjeep View Post
Hahaha, they definitely sounds like they suck.
ashland82391 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-23-2013, 09:42 AM   #561
freaknajeep
1971 DJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by straightsixjeep View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashland82391 View Post
Hahaha, they definitely sounds like they suck.
Yea I knew I was gonna catch some flak for the post about the caterpillars...but you realize this is stuff you can't make up..or at least wouldnt want to...lol...one day I'm gonna write a book about all the abnormally wierd things I have had happen to me...lol

Unread 10-23-2013, 07:28 PM   #562
freaknajeep
1971 DJ 

ok so had mass running to do today so nuthin got done...but had all kinda o goodies when I got home.......but first some parent humor...

got woken up to this face,grumbling something at me...I have no idea what...lol

ok on to parts....

1 ton TRE's and taper sleeves and bungs...from? guess where?

steering box, upper hose, wires, temp send unit, door locks, and brake hardware kit...

window rubber...

well that's it for now "Revolution" is on...

Unread 10-23-2013, 11:48 PM   #563
ivester1992
2006 TJ Wrangler 

awesome!!! lol your making me seriously want one of these
Unread 10-24-2013, 04:35 AM   #564
freaknajeep
1971 DJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivester1992 View Post
awesome!!! lol your making me seriously want one of these
Thanks...if you run across one your thinking of buying let me know...I'll clue you in on all the areas where to look for rust that isn't noticed...so as you can make sure to get a solid product to start with...

Today is gonna be a busy one ...gonna get brakes all finished up(hope I ain't got no leaks), rear cargo windows installed, yada, yada, yada....I'll take pics...lol..cus putting wires on is so so exciting...

Unread 10-24-2013, 10:30 AM   #565
supbrah

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashland82391 View Post

Better then the 35! Lol
Everything's better then a 35 lol.
Unread 10-24-2013, 02:21 PM   #566
freaknajeep
1971 DJ 

woo hoo got dead monkeys in mail.......thanks Sundowner....they be some kind of awesome!!!!!

Unread 10-24-2013, 02:32 PM   #567
freaknajeep
1971 DJ 

well its getting down to the line...there are only 2 big ticket items left to possibly purchase...radiator and heater core...I have a heater core(brand new) from a ford...since it mounts on the outside of firewall I could just make a box and bolt it on...a new one $80...I believe the radiator has a pinhole, like microscopic, but I haven't been able to find it yet...overall the rad looks to be in decent condition...a new one is between $190 and $300 depending on whether I get an all brass or a plastic/alum model...1800radiator doesn't even have a listing for one....theres is a guy in town say he can fix it for about $65, but ill prolly be a cheap skate and try the gas tank/radiator epoxy stick first...have had real good luck with it in the past...granted not ideal but if it will get me thru xmas then ill be able to afford the new one....well so far I have gotten steering box mounted(need coupler repair kit), got rear brakes done, and 1 cargo window in, and rear door lock cyl replaced...I was ableto get 2 for $5 so im gonna use the second on to fashion the locking mechanism for the gun rack...pics to come later

Unread 10-25-2013, 06:24 AM   #568
Jsinclair
1998 TJ Wrangler 

My dad has an old DJ sitting in the garage that I'd love to get my hands on after seeing this post. He bought it at a postal auction many years ago, along with lots of extra parts. I always thought doing something like you are would be cool to wheel. Good work!
Jsinclair is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-25-2013, 09:34 AM   #569
freaknajeep
1971 DJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsinclair View Post
My dad has an old DJ sitting in the garage that I'd love to get my hands on after seeing this post. He bought it at a postal auction many years ago, along with lots of extra parts. I always thought doing something like you are would be cool to wheel. Good work!
thanks and yep yep..im hoping my two will be cool someday

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

well didn't get nearly as much done yesterday as I wanted...hopefully I get something done today..have to run to town, go buy steel, go to Oriely's, go to AZ and get a battery for wifes van...yada yada yada...on a positive note..ordered a Caldwell fieldpod and 30 rounds for the 50.cal today, as well as another 1 ton TRE from ruff stuff(duh white boy cant count)...and heading out to go up to Memphis TN tomorrow, so major progress prolly wont happen till next week...but ill keep plugging along as usual...only have like one or two pics at the moment and since its such a chore to post them ill wait til I have few more(going for the wow factor)...cheers

Unread 10-25-2013, 08:15 PM   #570
freaknajeep
1971 DJ 

well today was a complete and total lack of progress save installing a t-stat and gasket....did however get the necessary steel for front shock mounts and steering...the hood latches got here as well at ujoint strap kit, which had 2 different size straps and 2 different size bolts....so now I gots ta order another set...man it sure gets frustrating some times...but im so close...lol

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.