"Special Delivery" a '71 DJ5-B... - Page 32 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > "Special Delivery" a '71 DJ5-B...

JEEP Gear Change Packages From ROCKRIDGE 4WD. We Are DIFFAlloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail

Unread 10-03-2013, 10:42 PM   #466
straightsixjeep
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Cant wait to see pics of it crawlin!!!!!

straightsixjeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-04-2013, 07:25 AM   #467
supbrah

Quote:
Originally Posted by freaknajeep View Post

fittings and all 240$
That's not bad at all where did you get it from?
Unread 10-04-2013, 10:15 AM   #468
freaknajeep
1971 DJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by straightsixjeep View Post
Cant wait to see pics of it crawlin!!!!!
ya mean "malling" right...lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by supbrah View Post
That's not bad at all where did you get it from?
got it all from summit

ok so its looking like it might rain, but no matter...decided I need to take a break and slap a P/S pump on the old ford...gonna steal the one that belongs to the big DJ for the moment...hrrmmph by the time im thru I will have "unbuilt" it...lol......oh well its all good come redneck lottery season ill be buying lots o goodies....and by my birthday next year(april) I hope to be breaking it regularly...well maybe not the breaking part...loll

Shhhhhh I'm not crazy...It's just the voices in my head
freaknajeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-04-2013, 10:22 AM   #469
straightsixjeep
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Isn't mall crawlin' the same thing? Your not actually going to get it dirty, are you? Hahaha. Keep at it freak
straightsixjeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-04-2013, 01:37 PM   #470
freaknajeep
1971 DJ 

Quote:
Isn't mall crawlin' the same thing? Your not actually going to get it dirty, are you? Hahaha. Keep at it freak
Well that prolly will all dépend on the side or thé deer I get this season...but the Lil dj is primarily a grocery delivery vehicle...lol

Unread 10-05-2013, 03:00 AM   #471
freaknajeep
1971 DJ 

ok so other than fixing my P/S on th old ford bout the only thing I did today was a bunch of clean up...ha I found my yard...and oh yea bent a piece of of 1.75 x .250 wall for stinger for the lil dj...hey gotta protect the grill from shopping carts and the occasional late night deer...ill get it tacked on and some pics tomorrow...didn't think it was necessary to take a pic of bent piece of metal...on a different note, the jeep came with those plastic fuel lines like they use on fuel infected models which is nice from non rusted issue...they all appear to be in great shape, and will be reused...have decided to use one more can of the duplicolor bedliner for under the fuel cell so I can hurry and get it in(permanently)...nothing will ever contact the floor here and ony trace amts of moisture and dirt so I think it will suffice in an order to expidite getting the jeep up and running...

god I wish I could find decent set of those 4x4 fab gnomes...mine are lazy and only like bud light...but I drink Heinekens....I should have returned them once I figured it out but didn't read the fine print..."blah blah blah yada yada yada and in the event of, and under no circumstances, shall any returns or warrantees on such said product be effective after 4th beer"...man its always something....

Unread 10-05-2013, 05:15 AM   #472
berettajeep
1947 CJ2A 

Quote:
Originally Posted by freaknajeep View Post
god I wish I could find decent set of those 4x4 fab gnomes...mine are lazy and only like bud light...but I drink Heinekens....I should have returned them once I figured it out but didn't read the fine print..."blah blah blah yada yada yada and in the event of, and under no circumstances, shall any returns or warrantees on such said product be effective after 4th beer"...man its always something....
They are lazy but way fun to drink with.
Unread 10-05-2013, 07:14 PM   #473
freaknajeep
1971 DJ 

so like im really beginning to miss my xj's....really thinking bout getting another at somepoint soon along with(wait for it) a big pile o bolt on...well mostly bolt on...just enuff to run a set of 33's and be streetable..uughh im a projectaholic...

Unread 10-05-2013, 07:32 PM   #474
straightsixjeep
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Did you get my PM about the tires?
Unread 10-05-2013, 08:08 PM   #475
freaknajeep
1971 DJ 

Quote:
Did you get my PM about the tires?
yes and thanks im still 2 months away from being able to purchase anything "new" as far as tires go just checking out all my options...

ok so brake system is all sealed up and stinger is welded on and bedlined...why bedliner im not eally sure...picked up a V/C gasket today and will do valve seals in next few days...its getting closer to being a driver...

Unread 10-05-2013, 09:00 PM   #476
Spisters

Crazy cool build man. Your skills are outstanding! Truly one of a kind!
Spisters is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-07-2013, 08:58 AM   #477
freaknajeep
1971 DJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spisters View Post
Crazy cool build man. Your skills are outstanding! Truly one of a kind!
thanks...I owe it all to...well being poor...lol...not so much poor as under budgeted thanks to trying to live beyond our means...but as they say necessity is the mother of all invention...or maybe it was the need of another beer.....I cant remember...anyways I really appreciate your feedback and approval...

Unread 10-07-2013, 09:56 AM   #478
freaknajeep
1971 DJ 

so I decided to do a little research(shopping) last night...trying to figure out a plan for a new xj build...and heres what my idea came to be....

some year model 4dr xj..............................................$? ???.??
fox 2.0 16"coil overs............................................. ......$1120.00
king 16" x 2.5 springs........................................... ......$ 300.00
ruff stuff 9"axle housings w/trusses..............................$1600.00
currie built 9" third member 4.88's w/detroits................$3000.00
ruff stuff 3 link kit with 2"tubes(front)..........................$ 771.00
ruff stuff 4 link kit with 2"tubes(rear)............................$ 880.00
rustys offroad steering box/frame brace........................$ 150.00
ruffstuff frame rail kit............................................... ...$ 190.00
some kind of chromo(solid or moser)............................$1000.00
ried knuckels w/solid inner C's(dana 44)........................$ 590.00
tera 4.1 tcase kit or klune v underdrive.........................$1000.00-$1600.00
total before beer and actual xj........................approx....$10,000.00 + or - a few hunnerd...

options ive considered are 60 outers(bout the same cash wise), making both axles steer axles(add $1500), junk yard axle swap(subtract a buttload of cash, but add a buttload of work),an atlas 3 speed tcase(add $1000-1500.00 to the case mod line)....

this doesn't include brake parts, spindles/hubs, tires/rims, bumpers, armor, cage,.......or the fact that both front and rear will be boat tailed while retaining all the factory body lines, trim, and doors...in other words form the side it will look like a Cherokee, and from the top it will look like a rowboat only with the wider end at front....

if I use the 44 outers I will go for the rsv shafts, if I go the 60 outers will have to have shafts made, and would lean towards the 4wheel steer option, if I go junkyard/used axles might as well use the 60/14 combo or 2 60 fronts...only issue with the rear steer is I wanna be able to drive it on the street and ditch the trailer(possibly)...good thing about trailers is you go, you ride, you break, your buddy drags you back to your trailer, you winch it on, you go home(your wife and kids mostly happy)......with out trailer you go, you ride, you break, you cry, you hope buddies/local partstore have what you need to fix it, you cry some more, your buddy goes and gets a trailer, you winch on, you finally get to go home(your wife and kids....p***ed)

speaking of wife...I kinda mentioned my plan to her last night(having 2 unfinished projects + 2 that I haven't even started yet).....the response I got back was kinda a grunt followed by what sounded like mmmmmhmmmm..im not really sure...I could hurry up and finish the big DJ and sell it to get funds for new project or I could sslllloooooowwwwwlllllyyy collect all my parts while making sure the donor xj was in super excellent mechanical and electrical shape...strip it completely down to a completely bare shell complete with doors(every nut, bolt, screw, plug, window, etc., xcept one or two on each door) then start the build...just gotta get my shop first...hmmm dreams...

I think it would work very well....

Unread 10-07-2013, 05:35 PM   #479
lovett86
1990 YJ Wrangler 

http://ontario.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehi...AdIdZ530354203

saw this on kijji while i was looking at jeep stuff

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/90-yj-frame-swap-build-up-1434246/
lovett86 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-08-2013, 10:37 AM   #480
freaknajeep
1971 DJ 

ok quick pic update.....brake lines and stinger...

flexin..haha..

brakes...

custom brake line shop...lol

stinger...

so there is my proof of lack of progress over the last few days...but ima gonna bust it here in a few...hopefully todays progress will include getting all the fuel lines run, and the block off plates(fuel pump/egr) made and installed as well as possibly the valve seals...cant seem to find the tool I made to do the ones onn my ford so I guess ill have to make another....the tools they sell just don't work fast enuff or easily enuff...ill post pics of my tool(haha) when I get it made...lol...

on a different subject altogether...on called shooting self in foot...I had my wife start recording that show "counting cars" for me...then one night we ran out of "her" shows on the dvr so I said "ha my turn"....I figured shed let me watch one or two then snatch the remote...nahh we watched like 6 in a row, and ben watching em ever since...now hers where the foot shooting comes in.....after seeing an episode where these old people retire and restore a ride to drive all over in, apparently she has gotten some idea in her head she hasn't told "me" about yet....well not fully at least...she has stated she is on the hunt for a 60's mustang for "me" to fix for "her"(don't guess I can argue itll be fun), but more strange is that for the last week she has shown me every 1930-1950 car under $3500 in the tristate area....in particular several old 40's ford sedans(she knows id sell both my jewels for one of those, she has something up her sleeve)....I keep trying to tell her no shop no resto...maybe ill get a slab for xmas...well guess im done babbling for a it time to get to work...wooohooo

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.