"Special Delivery" a '71 DJ5-B... - Page 29 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > "Special Delivery" a '71 DJ5-B...

Smittybilt Products at Oconee Off-Road!Alloy USA Still AvailableCurrie Currectlync Steering Upgrade Kits and Currie Anti-R

Unread 09-22-2013, 08:12 AM   #421
supbrah

Quote:
Originally Posted by freaknajeep View Post

haha I hate it when that happens....and thanks for stopping by and adding your 2 cents...lol im glad you like it all....ill just be glad when I finish up either so I can drive one...the little one is getting close almost everything id painted and waiting on me to finish interior spray so I can simply reassemble...after that its brake lines, fuel lines, and ds, and then I get to drive it...lol
I'm in the same boat just stupid little things holding me up. Like tires brakes lines finish the 8.8 conversion, its like every time you think your just about done you find something else to fix lol.

Unread 09-22-2013, 08:19 AM   #422
freaknajeep
1971 DJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by supbrah View Post
I'm in the same boat just stupid little things holding me up. Like tires brakes lines finish the 8.8 conversion, its like every time you think your just about done you find something else to fix lol.
you got a build thread?

Shhhhhh I'm not crazy...It's just the voices in my head
freaknajeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-22-2013, 08:34 AM   #423
supbrah

Quote:

you got a build thread?
Nope, I picked it up cheap to part out & my buddys talked me into keeping it, it had a blown D35 kid was doing burnouts with 31s and split the carrier, so I threw the 8.8 in I might make a thread if I end up keeping it i got loads of pics. still thinking about selling it, but I got a bunch of money tied up in it now.
Unread 09-22-2013, 08:55 PM   #424
freaknajeep
1971 DJ 

well today was almost a total bust....bout all I got done was a sealer coat of paint on the 2 rear interior sections...I did throw the dash and column in thinkin I ws making progress and got the defrost diffuser thingy painted..then promptly realized the defrost connector ducting was still sitting in the dish drainer....DOH....wouldn't be so bad had I not pulled the harness thru the firewall already.....anyways after sitting down for a sec and looking at all the vids a buddy posted of all my friends out playing I was feeling jeepsick so I cleaned out the big dj as I was using it for a quasi storage area for parts for the little dj....after which I spent the rest of afternoon searching for so used parts to build my rear....and heres the real kick in the buttocks....as I was searching I came across info which well was downright disheartening..turns out the postal service had factory lockers(real lockers not LS) installed in every mailjeep ordered...how is this important well the diff is a dana 44 and well I have been needing a locker for my 44....I never even opened them up just ripped em and scrapped em....got a call into a buddy now to bring his rig over so he can use his winch to pull my head out of me arse...but now that I know this in have a mopar buddy that says when I get the dj for my ratrod he has a fairly hottrodded 318 hell let me have for $300 no intake no carb....he pulled it from one of 5 70-72 dodge challengers he owns since it wasn't matching #'s and he had the right engine....but enuff of that im having enuff trouble just getting on with the 2 I have at the moment...well I guess that's it for now...

Unread 09-23-2013, 05:43 PM   #425
lovett86
1990 YJ Wrangler 

every one has done something like that at some point in time, i had a complete running cj chassis years ago that i gave away for nothing, i wish i never got rid of it, had a mint frame and everything, just no body on it

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/90-yj-frame-swap-build-up-1434246/
lovett86 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-24-2013, 10:40 AM   #426
freaknajeep
1971 DJ 

pea porridge hot, pea porridge cold, pea porridge in a pot nine days old...oh who am I kidding here come the rain....lol...but on to good things....heres todays progress report over all i give it a B-...lol...some of the items in the upcoming pics are not bolted down and any resemblance to a finished product is purely coincidence, and was not intended by the publishers of this report.....so onto pics...

some more interior paint...I will be going back with tape and masking to touch up the lines and scratches from assembly once first coat of bedliner is applied...

some pics of other interior related items..lol

it was about this time when I realized...OOOPS...forgot to put in defrost duct....dash and column back off...lol...

and back together with diffuser/dash cap?...installed...lol...this time with all switches and all but one temp control cable installed...

and the rear lighting...the gas filler hole will be eliminated as the cell will fill thru floor and that will also cure the two areas previously posted as needing repair still...also I will have three 3led marker lights across the back at roof level(big rig look)

and a pic of the cool vinal for the head rest area...im going to try and have this section used if I recover seat, or figure out some other cool application to work it in somewhere...

well that all I got for today...guess its another catch up on house work day...thanks rain...lol... yea I know the farmers need it!!

Unread 09-24-2013, 10:54 AM   #427
supbrah

Quote:
pea porridge hot, pea porridge cold, pea porridge in a pot nine days old...oh who am I kidding here come the rain....lol...but on to good things....heres todays progress report over all i give it a B-...lol...some of the items in the upcoming pics are not bolted down and any resemblance to a finished product is purely coincidence, and was not intended by the publishers of this report.....so onto pics...

some more interior paint...I will be going back with tape and masking to touch up the lines and scratches from assembly once first coat of bedliner is applied...

some pics of other interior related items..lol

it was about this time when I realized...OOOPS...forgot to put in defrost duct....dash and column back off...lol...

and back together with diffuser/dash cap?...installed...lol...this time with all switches and all but one temp control cable installed...

and the rear lighting...the gas filler hole will be eliminated as the cell will fill thru floor and that will also cure the two areas previously posted as needing repair still...also I will have three 3led marker lights across the back at roof level(big rig look)

and a pic of the cool vinal for the head rest area...im going to try and have this section used if I recover seat, or figure out some other cool application to work it in somewhere...

well that all I got for today...guess its another catch up on house work day...thanks rain...lol... yea I know the farmers need it!!
Looks awesome. Keep up the good work.
Unread 09-24-2013, 12:37 PM   #428
freaknajeep
1971 DJ 

So I've been toying with the idea of turning the daily into a true "delivery" by eliminating the side windows and welding steel panels in...any thoughts on this

Unread 09-24-2013, 03:23 PM   #429
straightsixjeep
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Either way you will make it look good. Great pictures, keep at it man.
Unread 09-24-2013, 03:33 PM   #430
ashland82391
Out of money yet...Yup!

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
So I've been toying with the idea of turning the daily into a true "delivery" by eliminating the side windows and welding steel panels in...any thoughts on this
I say no. I personally like it with the windows.
ashland82391 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-24-2013, 05:21 PM   #431
doublins
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Keep the windahs!

My Magnum V8 Build Thread:
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/my-magnum-tj-project-whoops-my-stroker-wiped-its-cam-bearings-1516649/[/url]
doublins is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2013, 04:31 AM   #432
freaknajeep
1971 DJ 

ok so ill keep the windows...I was going to airbrush dogs playing poker on the side if I filled em tho....NOT...or was it cats playing pool....cant seem to remember

Unread 09-25-2013, 09:10 AM   #433
supbrah

Quote:
Would be intresting to see for sure.
Unread 09-25-2013, 11:04 AM   #434
freaknajeep
1971 DJ 

ok so I decided to see if the suspension was going to fall away on the front of the big dj so here are the pics from the test...

and the angle of the arms in relationship to each other on each side..

a better idea of how the rear is setup...

and one of the front from underside...

ok so there it is any opinios???

Unread 09-25-2013, 12:44 PM   #435
freaknajeep
1971 DJ 

so I took a risk and took it as high as I thought was safe considering jank way of jacking....so here ae the pics...I still think that the springs are way too stiff as they don't seem to drop out like I would have them but then I don't know if my arms are flexing either but the pics in prior post would suggest they are...hmmm...ok so on to the newest pics...

the high lift is just for a height reference and has no weight on it

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.