"Special Delivery" a '71 DJ5-B... - Page 28 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > "Special Delivery" a '71 DJ5-B...

GEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE Artec JK Under Armor BellypanEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 09-20-2013, 05:25 PM   #406
Headingout
1993 YJ Wrangler 

What?

I understand the time it takes to post, but please continue. I do enjoy seeing your build on this DJ

90 GMC 3500 and Airstream (Base Camp)
Headingout is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-20-2013, 07:13 PM   #407
berettajeep
1947 CJ2A 

Quote:
Originally Posted by freaknajeep View Post
ok so I guess due to lack of interest im going to suspend all posting and pics ...as it seems to be a waste of time...ill post a pic of the jeeps when I finish....maybe...yeah it may seem like im being a little whiny b****!! but it takes a lot of time to ramble and take and upload and repost and bounce from this site to that site just to show the progress we make on our jeeps back to the guess I should own a "tj" so for those of you who are silent subs im sorry for those of you who actually care well im even sorrier....thanks to all the admins for your support and having a place for us to attempt to share our jeeps
Yours is the first thread I check in the morning Plus I don't want to fill this thread with worthless pointless replies. I could say great job but what would that add? I think you are doing a sweet job...
Now if you are screwing up big time or doing something completely stupid then I will be like "woah, wait a minute here...."
So if you want more replies from me start messing up...

Unread 09-20-2013, 07:22 PM   #408
TrailJ
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Yeah love your thread dirty didn't say so sooner it's very cool my favorite thread
TrailJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-20-2013, 09:18 PM   #409
doublins
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
ok so I guess due to lack of interest im going to suspend all posting and pics ...as it seems to be a waste of time...ill post a pic of the jeeps when I finish....maybe...yeah it may seem like im being a little whiny b****!! but it takes a lot of time to ramble and take and upload and repost and bounce from this site to that site just to show the progress we make on our jeeps back to the guess I should own a "tj" so for those of you who are silent subs im sorry for those of you who actually care well im even sorrier....thanks to all the admins for your support and having a place for us to attempt to share our jeeps
yeah, um, I'm going to have to respectfully disagree and insist that you go right ahead and keep on posting- this thread rocks, my southern brother from another mother

My Magnum V8 Build Thread:
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/my-magnum-tj-project-whoops-my-stroker-wiped-its-cam-bearings-1516649/[/url]
doublins is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-20-2013, 09:35 PM   #410
straightsixjeep
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Freak. My build thread died a long time ago however I still post every so often. I literally check your build thread 3 times a day, whether I comment or not. Even if someone doesn't comment now, each and every picture will inspire people for years to come.
Unread 09-21-2013, 03:07 AM   #411
freaknajeep
1971 DJ 

ok! ok!...so I guess ill keep on jeepin on....^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^...instead of quoting er-body...I didn't understand my lil jeep build impacted so many people.....its hard sometimes, with all the set backs, wife's griping(will you stop talking about the jeep already), buddys(ha you ever gonna finish that pos), and then that ever present but yet so so far away light at the end of tunnel....but ill keep taking pics and posting....wouldn't want to deprive anyone the joy of the "only" dj build...lol...I do however find it strange that there really aren't anymore "really"???? I mean they only made like a-bijjillion of these things...Yo Yo where all Da Mail Jeps at????....or better yet has anyone ever seen a rust free mailjeep???...sorry jeep humor ill stop...

speaking of setbacks...checked my email today hoping to find the tracking #for the new gastank....what I received instead was a message that read..." dear sir thank you for you order....we regret to inform you that product is no longer available....your payment will be credited to your card in 2-4 business days"....what!!!! really!!!!...well take the f***ing listing off of yer website you stupid nimrods....called up "Spectra" the manufacturer of said tanks...they no longer have the part# in their system...so I guess its back to a 16 gal fuel cell from summit.... I spent a while on their site and found one close to the dimensions of the original, and since there is already an access hole in the floor from the factory(like I care) I plan to mount cell in factory location and fill thru floor...ill prolly have to figure out what the ohms are on original gauge and using a resistor from some broken electronic device, try and match the 0-90 ohm send unit(comes with cell) to work...oh wait what am I thinking....whats a fuel gauge ??...oh right that's that things the wifes ride has that tell her shes low on fuel....yeah haven't had one of those in a long time...she drives the 2010...I don't own anything newer than 77...well cept fer my john deere... ok so now im just rambling again..that means time for me to stop midnight posting and go back to bed...haha...
ill post a ffew pics in the am..don't got much do to rain but its something

Shhhhhh I'm not crazy...It's just the voices in my head
freaknajeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-21-2013, 06:31 AM   #412
2xCross

Glad to see you are gonna keep posting!!!!! I show my jeep buddies at work your pictures as soon as you post them. One guy actually has a picture of your DJ on his box, I think it was when you had the bald boggers on it at the middle of the project. Keep it goin!!!
2xCross is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-21-2013, 07:08 AM   #413
lovett86
1990 YJ Wrangler 

i enjoy checking out your progress, jeeps killer

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/90-yj-frame-swap-build-up-1434246/
lovett86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-21-2013, 09:06 AM   #414
freaknajeep
1971 DJ 

ok so I said id keep on jeepin...and yesterday I posted that I got a little done...so here are the pics of that progress....

ok so there they are...as I sit here watching water fall from sky I can only wonder what ill get done today...maybe ill clean house....nahhh..... sit on couch and watch tv..yeahh

Unread 09-21-2013, 10:13 AM   #415
lovett86
1990 YJ Wrangler 

i know the feeling, except im the oposite, i usually only get time to work on the jeep when it rains, to much other work to do around the house, since i just got back from the scrap yard and its still raining, im going out to the garage to do some work on the jeep, nice progress though, at least yours is going back together some what, mines still in a 1000 pieces, lol

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/90-yj-frame-swap-build-up-1434246/
lovett86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-21-2013, 02:56 PM   #416
ashland82391
Out of money yet...Yup!

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
ok so I said id keep on jeepin...and yesterday I posted that I got a little done...so here are the pics of that progress....

ok so there they are...as I sit here watching water fall from sky I can only wonder what ill get done today...maybe ill clean house....nahhh..... sit on couch and watch tv..yeahh
Man that is soooo clean. I love it!
ashland82391 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-21-2013, 03:02 PM   #417
supbrah

Quote:
i haven't commented on it yet... only because i haven't finished reading it, i was never a fan of the DJs, till i saw the first page on your build thread. it looks sick , with that being said you really need to keep posting im going to be pissed if i read threw 25+ pages and you skip till the end.

your doing a great job and i look forward to seeing the rest of your build
Unread 09-21-2013, 06:02 PM   #418
supbrah

Quote:
Originally Posted by supbrah View Post
i haven't commented on it yet... only because i haven't finished reading it, i was never a fan of the DJs, till i saw the first page on your build thread. it looks sick , with that being said you really need to keep posting im going to be pissed if i read threw 25+ pages and you skip till the end.

on a second note i just reread the entire thread couldn't remember what page i was on, love the bronco frame + the chero tub, still can't believe you built the first DJ for under 5, my current TJ im building up, at that price and it needs tires too. lmao.
Unread 09-22-2013, 12:07 AM   #419
freaknajeep
1971 DJ 

Quote:

Quote:
on a second note i just reread the entire thread couldn't remember what page i was on, love the bronco frame + the chero tub, still can't believe you built the first DJ for under 5, my current TJ im building up, at that price and it needs tires too. lmao.
haha I hate it when that happens....and thanks for stopping by and adding your 2 cents...lol im glad you like it all....ill just be glad when I finish up either so I can drive one...the little one is getting close almost everything id painted and waiting on me to finish interior spray so I can simply reassemble...after that its brake lines, fuel lines, and ds, and then I get to drive it...lol

Unread 09-22-2013, 12:46 AM   #420
freaknajeep
1971 DJ 

ok so im gonna rant here for a sec....one thing that really ticks me off is when someone thinks they know you or your skills from a single post and then feel they have to say something stupid.....see sometimes when out there wheeling things happen that even the best wheeler/driver cant control....like say a rollover, getting stuck, your rig breaking, ie... etc...and sometimes when things occur you get left with a set limited choice of options...and sometimes well you have to make that critical decision...and tho its preffered use is for cutting deadwood for fire, clearing downed trees off of trail, or building a log cabin, sometimes you have to use your chainsaw as a recovery tool....I know it sucks but it happens....and yes I have cut down at least one or two trees having exhausted every other option available...particularly if it prevented my wife and children spending the night stuck in the woods....most creative was was once I climbed up into the tree and attached the cable from my non working winch to it wrapped the excess around bumper and when tree fell it pulled me out of the hole...having approx. 30-40,000 mile driving in the woods(not rocks but down and dirty nasty sloggy hilly woods) ive learned a lot about recovery and creative use of winches blocks other trucks and 4wheelers......I have barrel rolled my truck down 50' embankments covered with trees and flipped countless times to wind up on my side or full turtle.....when I ride I don't play, I don't even ride with the idea of my truck being intact or even pretty by the end of day its flat out balls to the wall getting it.....so until you can follow me lead me to someplace im skeered of or have at least even ridden with me don't try and judge my driving or recovery skills...rag on my fab all you want...definitely rag on my painting skills...but leave your opinions of what you don't know at the door....that's not what we are here for...besides no way any mildly built Cherokee with a 2.5 and 35's could ever do anything but be stuck to a strap behind my truck as It drags it thru, over and around everything in my playground.....and that was back when I was still just running a 4.0 and 3.55s on 40s...just sayin....so now ive said my piece on "assume"ing ....I hope I don't truly offend anyone with my rant, but I would never assume anything about anyone else on here so I would expect the same respect....I might question or poke a little fun at something I see but that's about it....and as for the comment about the xj mentioned above im quoting fact about the rig and not the individual.....

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.