"Special Delivery" a '71 DJ5-B... - Page 27 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > "Special Delivery" a '71 DJ5-B...

ECGS Black Friday Sale!!6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!50 in light bar /A pillar mount less than 500 at JeepHut.c

Unread 09-14-2013, 07:17 PM   #391
straightsixjeep
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Damn you are crafty!

Unread 09-14-2013, 07:27 PM   #392
freaknajeep
1971 DJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by straightsixjeep View Post
Damn you are crafty!
haha thanks it actually worked really well just wish I hadn't scrapped it...lol...

Shhhhhh I'm not crazy...It's just the voices in my head
freaknajeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-15-2013, 08:20 AM   #393
lovett86
1990 YJ Wrangler 

nice progress, jeeps looking awesome

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/90-yj-frame-swap-build-up-1434246/
lovett86 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-15-2013, 09:22 PM   #394
freaknajeep
1971 DJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovett86 View Post
nice progress, jeeps looking awesome
thanks...just been trying to get a first/sealer coat on everything and in the correct colors so I can see what my finished look will be..i have noticed that due to the rear upper side maker light having been bowed and leaking fo sometime and or the roof to body seam sealer having failed in gonna at some point actually have two 6' lengths of custom bent metal made then cut off roof replace the two upper structural channels and weld roof back on and reseam everthin....yeehaa yay me...oh well that can wait till the frame stretch...ill have more pics tomorrow or the next day, got another drs appointment in morning...did manage to get interior roof sanded and a heavy coat of rust reform on the rusted areas then a coat of final color on tho, as well as around the windshield inside and out...so now once its dry I can get my windshield back in

Unread 09-16-2013, 10:13 PM   #395
freaknajeep
1971 DJ 

ok so no pics yet got dead batteries in the cam again...lol...but anyways...another waste of my time drs visit...but on to the progress....got windshield in...got wiper trans in...went to put what I thought was wiper motor on, ahh-ha knew everything wasn't going to be easy...turns out no usable wiper motor came with jeep...even tho wiper motor was good, it was no where close to anything I could use...so I was left with no other option than to make a template from the 71 with the externaly mounted motor and cut holes in the metal I just got thru replacing...lol...well at least now I got wipers once they have power..:;D:...which also means I had to use defroster diffuser from the 71 as well...wondering if any of the big jeep will b left by time im thru..gonna get battries tomorrow and get caught up with the pics..on he bright side both of the sunvisors were in like new shape and just needed washed as well as the dome light...so at least that save me a little time and money...and I got those installed as well...at this point deer season is rapidly approaching and my daily is rapidly dying so a few things are gonna get rushed....

ok well I guess I can post these now as opposed to later....since I was finally able to upload to host site...lol.... just a few of interior roof before and after...

sorry there wasn't more but as I said ill have catch up pics real soon...

Unread 09-17-2013, 10:32 AM   #396
freaknajeep
1971 DJ 

ok so I know I used the term "rushed" in the above post...I shall now clarify...I have to accept or give in (however you want to look at it) 2 things...1st I own a 77 dj-5 mail jeep not a 77 Toyota fj-40...it will never be worth "much" cash wise but its mine...all mine! its mine I tell ya!!!....second with the "overall" condition of the vehicle combined with my refusal to use any bondo what-so-ever (not one drop) as a matter of fact there are 2 places I have to finish removing existing bondo, the lack of a dry and dust free place to prep/paint, and that im using wonderful rattle can...it will never be a "show" jeep...and so there-a-bouts when I say rushed I mean 200% better than it was but still not 100% in the grand scheme of things....hopefully the income tax fairy will bring me at least a nice 18x26 slab to start my shop on this year as well as the goodies to finish the mud dj....I wish there was such a thing as an offroad used parts thriftshop...cus I do got 20$ in my pocket and would totally pop some tags...well anywas off for my second cup of coffee some daytime clothes and start bolting parts on finally stuff going together instead of coming apart...lol

Unread 09-18-2013, 09:40 AM   #397
freaknajeep
1971 DJ 

this spot held for pics and work I shoulda already done...lol

Unread 09-18-2013, 08:36 PM   #398
freaknajeep
1971 DJ 

ok so first a few more misc. body and interior pics...

and now on to todays segment..." Spaghetti, Continuity, and fun with electrical tape....

harness after removing all preexisting tape, wrap and conduit...

after washing...

after testing, repairing and replacing...oh and about 3 rolls of tape and 3 hrs later....

some other stuff was done but no pics or even memory of what I did yet...lol....spent a total of about 6hrs on harness...but much easier to do all that wiring on dash on the couch as opposed to on my back upside down in the jeep...oh and word of advice to anyone!!!! go ahead and tell your self you remember where all those wire connect to before you unhook them but umm also go ahead and make a few notes as well...particularly if you have something weird like I do and cant find diagrams anywhere...still got about 4 connections I have to trace once I have everything I do know where go are hooked up...hrrmmpphh...

Unread 09-19-2013, 10:30 AM   #399
freaknajeep
1971 DJ 

ok so I got my "Jeep Forum" extreme terrain sticker in mail today....guess ill stick it in my pile o stickers that are also awaiting a place to live...or not...might just apply it to the back door window...heehee....

anyways today should be fun...gonna start/finish drivers/right side door sill, paint a bunch of misc. pieces, and decide how I want to mount stereo...here are my options..1) cut a hole in the "wavy" dash just off center to the passenger side(defrost duct clearance), and install in dash....or 2) make a bolt/weld in console(ehhh not sure which would be easier) and mount it below the dash like I have it in the mud jeep(only reason not in dash no room left)...the first option would be simpler and easier and I do have a remote and its not like the dash I have is great....the second option is more difficult and time consuming but I could reach the radio a little easier by hand and wouldn't have to fumble for remote and would give a place to mount some 12vlt sockets for cell charger/spotlight etc, and once completed wouldn't have to be redone once I decide to make new dash...ok so time for more coffee clothes and skeeters...and by skeeters ii mean im out of "off" so the skeeters gonna tear me up...looks like another day of long sleeves in tha heat...oh well itll keep the sparks and cut off wheel flack off of me somewhat...oh and pics later....

Unread 09-19-2013, 11:18 AM   #400
caronaxtr
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Ok, over 2 day's I've read this thread from front to back. I haven't posted much here as I am on other forums, but I gotta say, I think your delivery is awesome. Great job, wanna see photo's of it going down the road. Great job!
caronaxtr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-19-2013, 08:09 PM   #401
freaknajeep
1971 DJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by caronaxtr View Post
Ok, over 2 day's I've read this thread from front to back. I haven't posted much here as I am on other forums, but I gotta say, I think your delivery is awesome. Great job, wanna see photo's of it going down the road. Great job!
awesome im so glad you like it...one day I will I hope...lol

Unread 09-19-2013, 08:42 PM   #402
freaknajeep
1971 DJ 

ok so got a little done today....got the right/driver side door sill and stuff done and got some paint on it still got a little work to do on the cowl so its still not painted yet...remember this is really just a sealer coat so im not to worried about overspray or overlap...itll all be wet/block sanded before final color...ok so on to the pics....

first up some close ups of damage I have to repair and also of some repairs I did on other side showing my finished(scarred) look "no filler"

starting the door sill mods....and a little cancer fix to boot...

all welded up...

some primer...

some paint...

and one from the rear...lol

well tomorrow should lead into getting the lower parts and walls of interior both prepped and painted so that dash/wiring/column etc... can start being assembled..
also ordered brand spankin new gas tank today...$194.00....ouch...but hey at least I can install and forget about it...no worries there mate...lol...well fixin to watch some tv with the wife...got to keep momma happy just gotta!!!!

Unread 09-20-2013, 03:06 PM   #403
freaknajeep
1971 DJ 

and so begins the rain.... well I did manage to get one side of the interior prepped and primed and the rear floor/bed are cleaned scraped sanded and reformed...now its ready for bed liner...ill try and grab a few pics before it rains too hard...ok well back to trying to make sure I have nothing I want to stay dry left outside...

Unread 09-20-2013, 04:53 PM   #404
freaknajeep
1971 DJ 

ok so I guess due to lack of interest im going to suspend all posting and pics ...as it seems to be a waste of time...ill post a pic of the jeeps when I finish....maybe...yeah it may seem like im being a little whiny b****!! but it takes a lot of time to ramble and take and upload and repost and bounce from this site to that site just to show the progress we make on our jeeps back to the guess I should own a "tj" so for those of you who are silent subs im sorry for those of you who actually care well im even sorrier....thanks to all the admins for your support and having a place for us to attempt to share our jeeps

Unread 09-20-2013, 04:56 PM   #405
ashland82391
Out of money yet...Yup!

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by freaknajeep View Post
ok so I guess due to lack of interest im going to suspend all posting and pics ...as it seems to be a waste of time...ill post a pic of the jeeps when I finish....maybe...yeah it may seem like im being a little whiny b****!! but it takes a lot of time to ramble and take and upload and repost and bounce from this site to that site just to show the progress we make on our jeeps back to the guess I should own a "tj" so for those of you who are silent subs im sorry for those of you who actually care well im even sorrier....thanks to all the admins for your support and having a place for us to attempt to share our jeeps
Whow whow whow, stop talking crazy! This is my favorite build! Don't stop posting!
ashland82391 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.