"Special Delivery" a '71 DJ5-B... - Page 26 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > "Special Delivery" a '71 DJ5-B...

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueOfficial Chassis Saver Rust Preventive Truck & Auto Un

Unread 09-11-2013, 05:09 PM   #376
freaknajeep
1971 DJ 

"jeep-jeep"

Shhhhhh I'm not crazy...It's just the voices in my head
freaknajeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2013, 05:18 PM   #377
freaknajeep
1971 DJ 

ok btw just thought of this....in the bath/shower dept at both home depot and lowes they have these suction cup style handicap handles designed to stick to smooth surfaces...these work great as hangles for handling glass or other large bulky smooth objects..and are cheaper than the ones they sell for glass...just something I thought id share....they work good when trying to line up large panels as well...but surface must be mostly flat and smooth and sorta shiny...doesn't work well on flat or primer...but work super good on windshields and glass or when say mounting a door that isn't quite dry nuff to handle like I do being as I suffer from adhd and if I move on before it gets done well it just might not...lol

Unread 09-11-2013, 08:27 PM   #378
freaknajeep
1971 DJ 

ok a few more quick pics...some are for an overall idea of color scheme even tho paint isn't final and was wasted...

first up a close up of those nifty handles I was talking bout....

and body color along with rear door with fresh coat of doodoo brown...lol

just seeing what the dash and column look like together..

booster and mc....

ok so tomorrow im off to the dr so not sure what ill get done...but hope these pics start giving you an idea of what I have in my mind....the roof is going to either be brown or white,,,the drip lip will be semiflat/satin black the interior will be a combo of engine color and the body color...anyway..thats all for now

Unread 09-12-2013, 09:07 AM   #379
ginger-mech
1963 CJ5 

Great job on that steering wheel. Have you done the epoxy filler before? Any idea on how long it'll hold up? The wheel on my '63 cj5 has the same gaps. That'd be a whole lot cheaper than a new one.
ginger-mech is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-12-2013, 12:53 PM   #380
freaknajeep
1971 DJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginger-mech View Post
Great job on that steering wheel. Have you done the epoxy filler before? Any idea on how long it'll hold up? The wheel on my '63 cj5 has the same gaps. That'd be a whole lot cheaper than a new one.
no not personaly...I got the idea from hotrod tv...however I saw a steering wheel just like mine new in box on ebay buy it now for 35$..under ratrod parts/cars for sale...now I did use an epoxy stick meant for fiberglass bathtubs...I had it left over from when I repaired our whirlpool tub...the tub hasn't falied yet and its been thee for almost 2 years...

Unread 09-12-2013, 08:49 PM   #381
freaknajeep
1971 DJ 

ok so went to the drs today they very quicly entered me into the system and then jumped right on to taking a bunch of xrays of my back...all while they were doing this I was asking hey its my arms and hands that don't work why are you taking pics of my spine...to this they answered, and I quote.."Sir, we cant answer that we are just doing what we were told"....and then no sooner as the last pic was taken they said you may leave now....our government wasting our tax dollars as usual...uugghh...

anyways just feeling nostalgic so I thought id post a before and now pic of the original dj...so here goes...

before....poor poor lil jeep...

now....still poor but not little anymore...come on redneck lottery season(income tax)...

and then theres this probably the worst thing I ever did to a truck...lol...my poor old bronco...we had some good times together...

ok got a little done today but nothing worth reporting so theres always tomorrow...

Unread 09-13-2013, 12:14 AM   #382
straightsixjeep
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Keep it up I show new people your build everyday! Anymore pictures of the xj on tractor wheels?
Unread 09-13-2013, 07:25 AM   #383
84jeepcj7rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by freaknajeep
ok so went to the drs today they very quicly entered me into the system and then jumped right on to taking a bunch of xrays of my back...all while they were doing this I was asking hey its my arms and hands that don't work why are you taking pics of my spine...to this they answered, and I quote.."Sir, we cant answer that we are just doing what we were told"....and then no sooner as the last pic was taken they said you may leave now....our government wasting our tax dollars as usual...uugghh...

anyways just feeling nostalgic so I thought id post a before and now pic of the original dj...so here goes...

before....poor poor lil jeep...

now....still poor but not little anymore...come on redneck lottery season(income tax)...

and then theres this probably the worst thing I ever did to a truck...lol...my poor old bronco...we had some good times together...

ok got a little done today but nothing worth reporting so theres always tomorrow...
Many times when a persons arm hurt, it is because of the nerves being pinched in the cervical spine. The X-ray techs were simply doing there job.
Unfortunately, lawyers will sue docs and hospitals in this country if they don't do everything to cover their @$$. What kind of hospital was it? You mentioned govt. was it a VA?
84jeepcj7rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-13-2013, 09:04 AM   #384
freaknajeep
1971 DJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84jeepcj7rock View Post
Many times when a persons arm hurt, it is because of the nerves being pinched in the cervical spine. The X-ray techs were simply doing there job.
Unfortunately, lawyers will sue docs and hospitals in this country if they don't do everything to cover their @$$. What kind of hospital was it? You mentioned govt. was it a VA?
as embarrassing as it is to say..it was the first of whats prolly many dr visits to approve or deny my disability, which if I could find a job that let me work 15min then not work for an hr or so I wouldn't need...lol...last time I spent a day forcing myself to work past the point I knew I shouldn't I wasn't able to do for almost a week....it would appear that my parents word of "Be Careful" didn't just apply to the immediate injurys I was sustaining thinking I could fly...between hitting the pavement for years, years crawiling in attics and crawlspaces, topped off with swinging that 4lb hammer forging out iron for the last few that I actually held a "mans" job..now I cant even put in 4 hrs at a pansy job like cashier or something...the only reason it looks like I actually make progress on my jeeps is im here at the house 24/7...so I work on it for 30min or so then rest half a day...lol....and to answer your final question no it was not the VA, even tho I think im still classified as a veteran, I have never checked into whether or not I am entitled to benefits...see what had happened was...me and a buddy just after basic were having a few and somehow he got into it with army(we were navy) next thing I know there are 3 of them on him and one guy picked up a chair or stool or something so I jumped in, then next thing I know im chasing one of them out the door and into the street,only to wind up taking out the grill,hood,windsheild,roof and tailgate of a Toyota pickup that was zooming down the road....3 months in a holding company and I was shipped home with $11,000 and a medical under honorable conditions...that's my service story and im sticking to it...I would like to think had I gone on to serve my country further, life would be better/different somehow but I cant really complain about how it is...overall life is pretty good...

Unread 09-13-2013, 09:38 AM   #385
freaknajeep
1971 DJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by straightsixjeep View Post
Keep it up I show new people your build everyday! Anymore pictures of the xj on tractor wheels?
ill see what I can dig up...the xj (the red one im assuming is the one you are asking about in particular) was litteraly built in say a week...I guess I could do a quick mini build right here on this post as it actually went that fast...

so this was my main ride for better of 3 years...

and this was my back up...

decided I wanted the backup to be nicer so we could take both out..

main ride (the xj) decided to rip itself in half one night after it spent 3 days in the woods before making it home..was a sad sad day in the bottoms...we even had a funeral/wake..where we drank beer by a huge bonfire in the woods and I burned the title...so then we moved to Mississippi..but just before that happened I had a rolling complete body of a 99 police xj (full set of skids class 5 hitch all the goodies and was manual crank windows and door locks to boot(I hate electric windows)...so I took all the stuff out of th "main ride and stuffed it under xj but sold my gears...

so this is how she was when I moved...

by then the back up had become the main and was being beat to hell by me of course even took it to a few shows...hey had too even got to ride 4 miles of trails on the way since that was the shortcut...lol hence the fresh mud..

one short year later and this is whats left of the back up....

so then I got this crazy crazy idea(more like dumbest idea ever)...and this happened...the ladder is not supporting anything ...haha

bronco chassis...

jeep body...yes it perfectly balanced..on one 15x15 bard rim and a keg...lol

after a little trimming...

and wallah...xj on tractor tires....I wanted an instant truck and that's pretty much what I got...and we all know what "instant" tastes like it tastes like a**!!...

somewhere I got pics of the final build before I decided even tho it looked great it was way way too heavy for its running gear...I should have buggied
the bronco chassis and just finished out the xj as I had it but with better planning than it predecessor...so there ya have it the story of a xj on tractor tires....

Unread 09-13-2013, 02:04 PM   #386
ashland82391
Out of money yet...Yup!

1993 YJ Wrangler 

You my friend are super red neck! Lmfao so awesome!
ashland82391 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-13-2013, 08:56 PM   #387
straightsixjeep
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Your my hero Freak, thanks for the pics. Pulled your build up in auto shop and had the fellow jeepers laughing at your keg jack stand. Very creative, haha.
Unread 09-13-2013, 09:12 PM   #388
freaknajeep
1971 DJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashland82391 View Post
You my friend are super red neck! Lmfao so awesome!
thank you kind sir..i am both honored and resemble that remark...

so keeping true to my "redneck" heritage...heres some more redneck "repurposing" my motto "reuse recycle wear it out...make it do or do with out"...

todays episode.."fun with bedframes and sheetmetal"...lol

rust removed...

bed frame...lol..

and some sheet metal...

after some sanding..

more bed frame...

after some primer...

and starting on the other side...

ok so that's it for today...hoping to try and get other side done tomorrow am tired so I should sleep well...lol

Unread 09-14-2013, 02:02 AM   #389
ashland82391
Out of money yet...Yup!

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by freaknajeep View Post

thank you kind sir..i am both honored and resemble that remark...

so keeping true to my "redneck" heritage...heres some more redneck "repurposing" my motto "reuse recycle wear it out...make it do or do with out"...

todays episode.."fun with bedframes and sheetmetal"...lol

rust removed...

bed frame...lol..

and some sheet metal...

after some sanding..

more bed frame...

after some primer...

and starting on the other side...

ok so that's it for today...hoping to try and get other side done tomorrow am tired so I should sleep well...lol
looks soooooo good!
ashland82391 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-14-2013, 08:56 AM   #390
freaknajeep
1971 DJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by straightsixjeep View Post
Your my hero Freak, thanks for the pics. Pulled your build up in auto shop and had the fellow jeepers laughing at your keg jack stand. Very creative, haha.
well thank you very much...if you liked the jackstand idea youll love this pic...this is what I had turned the keg into prior to using it as a jackstand...lmfao...more redneck engeneering...

keg...

slots...

propane tank...

after some cutting...

some welding...

test fit...

some tabs and some parts from an old ford...

just add rear light from motorcycle and current good license and walla...gas tank third light license mount...all in one

yea baby git-er-done!!!!

Last edited by freaknajeep; 09-14-2013 at 08:59 AM.. Reason: left out pic sorry

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.