"Special Delivery" a '71 DJ5-B... - Page 25 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > "Special Delivery" a '71 DJ5-B...

The ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! BroughIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 09-08-2013, 12:56 AM   #361
straightsixjeep
1998 XJ Cherokee 

So. eager. to. see. more.

Unread 09-08-2013, 10:31 PM   #362
freaknajeep
1971 DJ 

ok so even tho it didn't seem like it today was productive sorta...got all the body bushings cut and drilled and all but two in with bolts thru them...nothings tight yet,,,but boy you can really tell the total transformation difference...before the body just flopped about and the suspension didn't seem to move much...now body is solid and springs seem to move nicely and about the same, granted no shocks yet...but soon..also got half the body sanded and partially coated with rust reform...after a scrap run and some other errands tomorrow hope to finish sanding body and have a full coat of reform on as well as on the inside at roof/body line...I also need to get the steering stabilizer mounts finished up so I can get the steering stuff painted as well....im not gonna waste any paint on gearbox as a new one is needed..soon!!!!...did manage to find correct replacement fueltank but still not sure what im going to do about the rotten filler neck...ill get some pics of the body once I have it all sanded and then after reform...goal is to have body prepped for paint by Wednesday even tho wont have all the paint till this weekend...and possibly steerable as well....by Friday I hope to have area around windshield painted and ready to install windshield so as I can start on wiring.....there are several small items I need to finish cleaning and painting before this happens tho...the back door will remain nasty and brown until I can afford the luxury of the window seal and since it can easily be removed for paint it will have to wait...I might smooth it out a bit and flat black it just for the tuner look...lol....also I decided against filling the original door tract holes, I will use them to mount a quarter slider, mostly for looks but just in case I slide into a tree while hunting...
also I checked out the unpainted steel trailer fenders at TSC and am going to use one of the "jeep" style ones cut in half for weld on flares in the rear, being as my tires stick out 4" on either side of body...ok so I guess ive blabbed enuff...lol...

Shhhhhh I'm not crazy...It's just the voices in my head
freaknajeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-09-2013, 02:53 PM   #363
berettajeep
1947 CJ2A 

http://raleigh.craigslist.org/cto/4054479882.html

'74 Cherokee S 401/auto
berettajeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-09-2013, 05:15 PM   #364
2xCross

Looks like a classic
2xCross is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-09-2013, 06:52 PM   #365
freaknajeep
1971 DJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by berettajeep View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xCross View Post
Looks like a classic
yep yep...at first appearance you would think that raggedy...but if you look closely you can tell there is some $change$ in that thing...my version will be all jacked up and 4x4...but my ratrod one will be chopped channeled bodydropped and stretched...and of course ill keep it amc/mopar...

due to the threat of rain I didn't get any pics of body in bare metal...but will have some of it in the rust reform(flat black) or if rain hold off tomorrow might just skip to primer........anyhow at this point until I get windshield in and inner firewall/cowl area painted I cant install dash and start on wiring...harness is in great condition so I figure about 2 hrs to rewrap and clean the switches....and then about 1 hr to reinstall and possibly manicure it a bit wouldn't mind adding a couple of relays for headlights and updating fuseblock...well that's all I got for now...

Unread 09-09-2013, 07:18 PM   #366
freaknajeep
1971 DJ 

actually I do have one pic...lol...
its of my steering wheel after first application of epoxy filler.....lol...I just couldn't leave yall hangin with nuthin....

ok so there it is....one more layer then a nice wet sand and some paint ...and it will be good as new...maybe...sorta...well..

Unread 09-09-2013, 08:01 PM   #367
freaknajeep
1971 DJ 

ok so heres some pics of what I would think my ratrodded one will look like...even tho I don't have it yet plans are already in motion...hope you enjoy...

I really like how this guy did his there is a build thread on it here http://www.offroadfabnet.com/forums/...9386...anyways now im really done ....haha see yall tomorow

Unread 09-09-2013, 09:03 PM   #368
freaknajeep
1971 DJ 

so I found this up in ohio...I want it!!! I want it!!!! i want it!!!!...if I don't get it ill just die...lol...

my big dj would look so pimp showing up to the orv park on this...lol...just imagine a period correct camper at the back of cab....and boom instant hotel and travel all in one...lol

Unread 09-10-2013, 08:05 PM   #369
freaknajeep
1971 DJ 

ok so a quick few pics of something I do own...lol.....todays progress ehhh sorta...

some body pics....

the turn signal switch....the before switch is an extra I have but it represents the condition of before...lol

before...

after...

and the steering wheel and column with signal switch....

you can see the brake booster sorta in the background as well as the pedal...got a few other things prettied up as well but no pics yet...sorry for the teaser...
over the next few days I hope to get a lot accomplished ill try and take lots of pics if the time allows...lol..you know I will

Unread 09-10-2013, 11:08 PM   #370
berettajeep
1947 CJ2A 

Quote:
Originally Posted by freaknajeep View Post
actually I do have one pic...lol...
its of my steering wheel after first application of epoxy filler.....lol...I just couldn't leave yall hangin with nuthin....

ok so there it is....one more layer then a nice wet sand and some paint ...and it will be good as new...maybe...sorta...well..
Ooooooooo I will have to do this too.

'74 Cherokee S 401/auto
berettajeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2013, 11:14 PM   #371
straightsixjeep
1998 XJ Cherokee 

You are the dj master.
Unread 09-11-2013, 03:42 AM   #372
freaknajeep
1971 DJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by straightsixjeep View Post
You are the dj master.
Dats right to...y'all comin to my "rave"....Lmfao...cus It goin ta have 2 dj's....

Unread 09-11-2013, 12:47 PM   #373
tnhillbilly40

Your cornering the market on em. Lol
tnhillbilly40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2013, 02:43 PM   #374
2xCross

In the past I've never even thought of picking one up, but now I'll really have to think when I come across one...... See what u started!!!!!!
2xCross is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2013, 04:04 PM   #375
freaknajeep
1971 DJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xCross View Post
In the past I've never even thought of picking one up, but now I'll really have to think when I come across one...... See what u started!!!!!!
haha...and so the occult begins

yeah apparently you aren't the first to read my build then decide you gotta have one, ive caught flak once before n here dude say his ole lady gonna wring my neck...they are really cool even if originally 2wd...but the biggest thing is the price...but just so you know if you plan on using any of the original drive train make sure its a 76-78 "dj5-d"....otherwise you might end up with one of the bogus borg-warner transmissions...from what I understand they came with 2 different borg-warner Trans's and a 904tf and a 727tf...either of the tf's are decent the 727 being ideal but the borg-warners are crap.....

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.