"Special Delivery" a '71 DJ5-B... - Page 24 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > "Special Delivery" a '71 DJ5-B...

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineOfficial Chassis Saver Rust Preventive Truck & Auto UnFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 08-29-2013, 09:14 PM   #346
ashland82391
Out of money yet...Yup!

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by freaknajeep View Post

That my friends is a true travesty...we should all take a moment of silence for the fallen hero's....(taps playing softly in the background).....

Ok so has anyone else noticed the lack of axles on those shells...I'm crying on the inside....but I'm ok with that I plan on bringing as many of theses poor lost jeeps back to the light as my time and money will allow.....may the jeep gods watch over them...so let us pray....

As I drive this trail I have never drove
I will fear no obstacle
For my jack and strap they comfort me
My CB radio it connectith me
And the Toyota in front shall be stuckith before me
So I will fear no obstacle
Because I am protected by the love of my "JEEP"
Amen
That sir is a prayer! Lol

ashland82391 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2013, 09:35 PM   #347
rosco1

Quote:
Originally Posted by straightsixjeep View Post
First things first, I am brand new to photo editing and even newer to this software. I have only made a few memes before, havn't edited vehicles until now. Here is a rough sketch of a 2dr dj brute. I filled in the rear wheel well and cropped a brute bed on. Let me know what you think, either way it would look cool. I can edit anything however you like. This is just to help generate ideas.
[IMG][/IMG]
Haha. That's out there, but I kinda of like it
Unread 08-29-2013, 10:39 PM   #348
tnhillbilly40

Great build. I sat here and read it all. Had a few beers and really enjoyed what you've done so far. Maybe one day we will both get our old jeeps rolling again.
tnhillbilly40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-30-2013, 07:08 PM   #349
freaknajeep
1971 DJ 

Well tomorrow I go up to tn to get donor tires...nothin fancy just a set of 235 r15's...me n wife gonna make a road trip of it...lol...well that's all I got for now...oh did file out the cracks in steering wheel and fill with epoxy stick...one more application and a Lil sanding and it'll be good as new...pics to come

Shhhhhh I'm not crazy...It's just the voices in my head
freaknajeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-31-2013, 09:24 PM   #350
freaknajeep
1971 DJ 

So I came back with my 235/75/15s Goodyear wranglers today used of course...however a new set is very reasonable so a new set is probably in the near future...plus one is brand new with sticker still on it and it's on a steel rim that will fit so haha spare....no wait that's bowling...I meant score...lol...but no futher progress till tomorrow...

Unread 09-01-2013, 07:18 PM   #351
freaknajeep
1971 DJ 

Ok so my ego said I could make a tool to break the beads on my tires...while it would break the front beads just fine the rears were unrelenting...after four hours $7.00 in wire, tool breaks 8 Times, I got 1 just 1 tire swapped over...screw that going to tire store on Tuesday...

Unread 09-01-2013, 08:48 PM   #352
2xCross

That's great!!!! I love when the EGO gets in the way
2xCross is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-03-2013, 09:12 AM   #353
freaknajeep
1971 DJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xCross View Post
That's great!!!! I love when the EGO gets in the way
Haha...thanks, I think...lol....
---------------------------------------------

Well no significant progress at this point...a bunch of piddly stuff, nothing worth taking pics of...even tho I got my tires seems my dryer had/has a different idea as to where my money goes this week...I may just find a tire shop to just break the beads...even tho it's not easy swapping tires the old bicycle way..I do have the tools and time...Ehh oh welll....

Unread 09-05-2013, 03:12 AM   #354
freaknajeep
1971 DJ 

So quick update...should have a few pics by end of day tomorrow so don't get yer skids in a wad....

Got tires mounted, and steering pieces done and ready to clean n paint...oh wait nope still got to add stabilizer mounts but I think I have quick easy fer that...also got the two holes cut in rear floor for upper shock clearance...tomorrow's fun should include, driveshaft 101, and reinstall with mods most ofthe metal brakelines and pproportioning valve(maybe)....as it gets closer to opening of hunting season, some things that can be removed easily and painted in a day, will be just slapped together.....anything hard to reach or difficult to remove(like anything on this jeep is difficult..lol)....

Have been thinking hard about the frame stretch...the more I think on it the more I'm getting sold on the above rendition....the super plus side is no door fabrication...stretch frame by 4' making wheelbase 128", add crawl box and t case that will make rear driveshaft lenght about 48" or less...add brute style bed(homemade of course) remove wheelwells and add some flip down seating from an extended cab ranger, and Walla....crew cab jeep pickup...lol...but for now I'm probably just gonna go back to bed....

Unread 09-05-2013, 03:26 AM   #355
ashland82391
Out of money yet...Yup!

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
So quick update...should have a few pics by end of day tomorrow so don't get yer skids in a wad....

Got tires mounted, and steering pieces done and ready to clean n paint...oh wait nope still got to add stabilizer mounts but I think I have quick easy fer that...also got the two holes cut in rear floor for upper shock clearance...tomorrow's fun should include, driveshaft 101, and reinstall with mods most ofthe metal brakelines and pproportioning valve(maybe)....as it gets closer to opening of hunting season, some things that can be removed easily and painted in a day, will be just slapped together.....anything hard to reach or difficult to remove(like anything on this jeep is difficult..lol)....

Have been thinking hard about the frame stretch...the more I think on it the more I'm getting sold on the above rendition....the super plus side is no door fabrication...stretch frame by 4' making wheelbase 128", add crawl box and t case that will make rear driveshaft lenght about 48" or less...add brute style bed(homemade of course) remove wheelwells and add some flip down seating from an extended cab ranger, and Walla....crew cab jeep pickup...lol...but for now I'm probably just gonna go back to bed....
Love the sound of a truck build
ashland82391 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-05-2013, 06:21 AM   #356
straightsixjeep
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:

Hope your dreaming up a dj brute right now! It sounds like you have a vision, with your skills you can make it happen.
Unread 09-05-2013, 09:53 AM   #357
freaknajeep
1971 DJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashland82391 View Post
Love the sound of a truck build
Quote:
Originally Posted by straightsixjeep View Post
Hope your dreaming up a dj brute right now! It sounds like you have a vision, with your skills you can make it happen.
Aww thanks you guys...and when I'm done with it I'm gonna hug it and kiss it and call it George....Lmfao

But seriously, im now on the hunt to find another dj to "dj/brute"...I'll probably end up swapping the front axle in current build out for a 2wd Cherokee front tube and giving it to my daughter once I'm close to finishing the one I dont have yet...lol..I could use current one but have rendered doors inoperable in original manner so that's that....

Unread 09-05-2013, 10:02 AM   #358
freaknajeep
1971 DJ 

For all of my faithfull followers...the "winged-out idiot foundation" is now accepting the following donations...

Kingpin 60 fronts
14 bolt rears
6" super flexible leaf springs/ or coils
3and4 link kits
Klune v underdrive
Atlas tcase
Lockers
Chromo's
Gears
And the goose that lays golden eggs

Should anyone want to donate any of the following items please pm me

Unread 09-07-2013, 09:46 AM   #359
freaknajeep
1971 DJ 

So got a few things buttoned up yesterday... Got class 5 hitch (prolly now only a 3) finished and welded in....going to try and get body in place later today....and pics of erthing else I got done in last few days to come later today as well...so stay tuned to jeep radio...lol

Unread 09-07-2013, 10:20 PM   #360
freaknajeep
1971 DJ 

ok so i promised pics so heres pics...

ok so theres yer pics...sorry for lack of narration but i figured they were pretty self explanatory...lol

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.