"Special Delivery" a '71 DJ5-B... - Page 23 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > "Special Delivery" a '71 DJ5-B...

Jeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at BaselinStainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

Unread 08-26-2013, 09:10 PM   #331
lovett86
1990 YJ Wrangler 

paints looking good

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/90-yj-frame-swap-build-up-1434246/
lovett86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-27-2013, 01:40 AM   #332
2xCross

Both dj's are cool. I love people doing something different. Just found your thread today and read it all!!!!! Working on 2 projects at once? You definitely must suffer from ADD, JK!! Really nice job showing progress will be watching from now on. I really like how you source donor parts and not just pay for bolt on stuff. Keep up the good work
2xCross is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-27-2013, 09:12 AM   #333
freaknajeep
1971 DJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovett86 View Post
paints looking good
Yep yep...lol thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xCross View Post
Both dj's are cool. I love people doing something different. Just found your thread today and read it all!!!!! Working on 2 projects at once? You definitely must suffer from ADD, JK!! Really nice job showing progress will be watching from now on. I really like how you source donor parts and not just pay for bolt on stuff. Keep up the good work
Thanks a bunch and "welcome to my build...muahahaha...I vant your left over parts...muahahaha".....hey what can I say I'm an equal opportunity destroyer....and yes I suffer from the ADHD(attention deficit hunting disorder) curse as well as CRS(can't remember s##t), CFS(can't finish s##t), ABD(adult bassackwards disease), and last but not least JPLD(just plain lazy disease).....lol...but seriously the look of progress is all smoke and mirrors as I pretty much work on these all day every day...but my mind wanders badly and my arms and hands only allow me to actually "work" on it about 10-15 minutes out of each hour...even less now I've slowed on the drinks...on the bright side I filed my second set of form with disability yesterday(at the wonderful grand age of 43, I feel like such a loser)...when I was younger I used to believe I could fly....God tried to convince me I didn't by repeatedly reintroducing me to gravity and concrete, combined with 26 years of being a wrencher, attic rat and iron worker(blacksmith)...the crashes, grinding, hammering, weeks and months at a time on my hands n knees(HVAC hardline installer)....my body has said enuff is enuff...so the fact that y'all think I'm making progess makes me feel awesome...

Shhhhhh I'm not crazy...It's just the voices in my head
freaknajeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-27-2013, 05:22 PM   #334
freaknajeep
1971 DJ 

ok so first we will just post a quick comparison pic......

before....yuk!!!!!

after...ahhh!!!!!

ok so now just a bunch of pics and an occasional narrative.....

shock mounts...lol...

frame painted...all but crosmembers and rear bumper....

one of those tasteful red accents i mentioned earlier on...lol

didnt like the brackets black so i browned em...lol

linkage stuff...

was amazed how clean the oil and inside of this little motor are...no sludge or grime and oil is clean and amber colored not black...i did however find what appeared to be pieces of broken black plastic...which turned out to be the valve stem seals(super easy fix) i think i even have a set that will work...yeeha score for me...lol....

ok well a few minor things like bolting the proportioning valve and reclipping brake lines and driveshaft and rear shocks...double check everything mke sure its good and tight then its back on with the body...going up to memphis this weekend to pick up some used rubber(nothing exciting just street tires) then ill be back on it hard next week will just be piddling over the next day or so got some yard work to do around here...lol

Unread 08-27-2013, 07:39 PM   #335
lovett86
1990 YJ Wrangler 

chassis is looking killer

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/90-yj-frame-swap-build-up-1434246/
lovett86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-27-2013, 11:40 PM   #336
straightsixjeep
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Freak Im working on a dj sketch with a truck bed on it. Do you want the rear wheels in the stock location with a bed attached to the rear? Im trying to morph a tj brute bed onto the dj. If that works I may try the 4 door sketch.
Unread 08-28-2013, 02:15 PM   #337
freaknajeep
1971 DJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by straightsixjeep View Post
Freak Im working on a dj sketch with a truck bed on it. Do you want the rear wheels in the stock location with a bed attached to the rear? Im trying to morph a tj brute bed onto the dj. If that works I may try the 4 door sketch.
Awesome...thanks...on the pickup I want it to be like a pickup cab and yes the brute bed would be perfect...and yes on both sketches the wheel base must stretch..in real life it will be between 18-24"... Making the actual wheelbase 98-104" all stretch will be in the middle section of frame almost as if making a brute..which I guess if I go the pickup route it will be a dj-brute instead of a tj brute...lol...thanks once again...

Unread 08-28-2013, 05:56 PM   #338
straightsixjeep
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by freaknajeep View Post
Awesome...thanks...on the pickup I want it to be like a pickup cab and yes the brute bed would be perfect...and yes on both sketches the wheel base must stretch..in real life it will be between 18-24"... Making the actual wheelbase 98-104" all stretch will be in the middle section of frame almost as if making a brute..which I guess if I go the pickup route it will be a dj-brute instead of a tj brute...lol...thanks once again...
First things first, I am brand new to photo editing and even newer to this software. I have only made a few memes before, havn't edited vehicles until now. Here is a rough sketch of a 2dr dj brute. I filled in the rear wheel well and cropped a brute bed on. Let me know what you think, either way it would look cool. I can edit anything however you like. This is just to help generate ideas.
[IMG][/IMG]
Unread 08-28-2013, 06:59 PM   #339
2xCross

Lookin good
2xCross is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-28-2013, 07:20 PM   #340
freaknajeep
1971 DJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by straightsixjeep View Post
First things first, I am brand new to photo editing and even newer to this software. I have only made a few memes before, havn't edited vehicles until now. Here is a rough sketch of a 2dr dj brute. I filled in the rear wheel well and cropped a brute bed on. Let me know what you think, either way it would look cool. I can edit anything however you like. This is just to help generate ideas.
[IMG][/IMG]
Haha..cool...looks like the driver of that one is in for one heck of a ride...lol...

Unread 08-28-2013, 07:23 PM   #341
freaknajeep
1971 DJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xCross View Post
Lookin good
Thanks..I'm taking a couple of days off of it to get some clean up around the house done while paint is curing...and come Monday or Tuesday it will have tires...yay...but by the end of next week hope to have body back on and most of wiring back in

Unread 08-29-2013, 12:51 AM   #342
ashland82391
Out of money yet...Yup!

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Just found this pic freaknajeep :-(

ashland82391 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2013, 02:18 AM   #343
berettajeep
1947 CJ2A 

Wow...
Unread 08-29-2013, 08:55 AM   #344
freaknajeep
1971 DJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashland82391 View Post
Just found this pic freaknajeep :-(

That my friends is a true travesty...we should all take a moment of silence for the fallen hero's....(taps playing softly in the background).....

Ok so has anyone else noticed the lack of axles on those shells...I'm crying on the inside....but I'm ok with that I plan on bringing as many of theses poor lost jeeps back to the light as my time and money will allow.....may the jeep gods watch over them...so let us pray....

As I drive this trail I have never drove
I will fear no obstacle
For my jack and strap they comfort me
My CB radio it connectith me
And the Toyota in front shall be stuckith before me
So I will fear no obstacle
Because I am protected by the love of my "JEEP"
Amen

Last edited by freaknajeep; 08-29-2013 at 08:56 AM.. Reason: mispelling
Unread 08-29-2013, 12:53 PM   #345
iansavesday
2004 TJ Wrangler 

hahaha. If more prayers were like this, I might have actually gone to church.

Saw this bad Larry on my way to Lowes today, reminded me of this build
securedownload.jpg  
iansavesday is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.