"Special Delivery" a '71 DJ5-B... - Page 22 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > "Special Delivery" a '71 DJ5-B...

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO December Specials at Jeephut.com

Unread 08-23-2013, 05:39 AM   #316
doublins
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by freaknajeep
so like i was just kicking it on here reading a bunch of builds...and it really is amazing what some of you guys spend on jeep stuff...i am obviously in the wrong business...lol...im not goint to waste all the time typing how much everything i have purchased cost but i have come up with 2 figures...first up on the board is the 71-dj5-b currently running a rebuilt ford 400m(less than 8 miles) rebuilt c-6 trans(less than 8 miles) 51"radius arm w/trac bar front suspension(adj 2.5" jj's at frame, procomp bushings at axle)..hp d 44 front w/4:56:1.(currently open) np205 tcase, front and rear (double joint w/centering ball) cv style ds, 1/8" steel diamond plate full body armor,summit aluminum 3 core radiator, mallory gm style hei dist, gm 1 wire 110 amp alt, d60 rear (empty awaiting gearsand spool) 51" long 5-joint set up w/trackbar (all 2.5"jj's), custom sliders/bumpers, p.o.s. uniden cb, some kind of stereo(new cant remember either jensen or kenwood still in box...lol..smittybuiltxrc10 front, warn m8000 rear...i figure by time im through witht he cage and rear axle ill shell out about another 1200$ which should bring the total to right at just under $4000.00...next up the 77-dj5-d currently in pieces everywhere in my kitchen in living room in the weight room in both sheds and definitly all over the yard...once its done....new paint(every thing painted),gastank,radiator,steering box, front springs,heater core,seats(plastic summit seats) rebuilt rear springs, gm 110 amp 1wire(43$all day online...lol), used rims and tires, used cherokee axles, and new window rubber, and the mics new stuff like hoses belts and pads/shoes...before the future mods(cost yet to be determined) should be at right bout $1750 give or take a hunnerd...i read on a thread earlier tonight just dudes axles d-30 and f8.8 plus shipping $4600...YOUCH...time to build me a hot-tank buy a 55gal drum of gloss black hed to memphis load up on $100 used axle housings clean em paint em load em sell em ship em and get rich...lol..where i get my stuff from in TN its a hunderd for a complete rear and $300 for a complete front...if i tell dude i dont want a warrantee on items he'll nock off 25% if i unlaod em and only take housings and axles he knocks off 75$ each but i lose the 25%off on rear housings he wont give em to me free...but i dont get up that way as often as i like so its hit or miss as to what he has on his lot...seems to me some of us jeepers ought to get together and make some money
If it makes you feel any better, my 5.2 swap left me in the black once I was done selling off my old straight 6 parts, the Durango carcass, etc etc. this weekend I'm finally parting with the 44RE from the donor Durango too, someone's coming to buy it. By now I'm several hundred in the black overall

My Magnum V8 Build Thread:
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/my-magnum-tj-project-whoops-my-stroker-wiped-its-cam-bearings-1516649/[/url]
doublins is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-23-2013, 10:55 AM   #317
freaknajeep
1971 DJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublins View Post
If it makes you feel any better, my 5.2 swap left me in the black once I was done selling off my old straight 6 parts, the Durango carcass, etc etc. this weekend I'm finally parting with the 44RE from the donor Durango too, someone's coming to buy it. By now I'm several hundred in the black overall
Haha...when I first finished up my 78 bronco I was in the black by about $176.00....lol...I'm not upset that they spend all that...and I'm not upset I don't...I just wanna figure out how to get some of that money from thier hands to mine...lol...

Shhhhhh I'm not crazy...It's just the voices in my head
freaknajeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-23-2013, 08:47 PM   #318
94eagle

Man I love these old ones, thanks for all the pictures!
94eagle is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-23-2013, 09:57 PM   #319
freaknajeep
1971 DJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94eagle View Post
Man I love these old ones, thanks for all the pictures!
Thanks man...check back often over the next couple days things are going to be nutso around here....

Unread 08-23-2013, 10:23 PM   #320
freaknajeep
1971 DJ 

ok so im sure everyone of us at somepoint finally decides enuff is enuff...at this point the only way to get the engine any cleaner is to hot-tank it...at least thats what im gonna tell myself in the morning as i pull the trigger on painting it...being as i know im just gonna tear this thing apart sometime in the near future, im not going for perfect not to mention no way this will ever be a show jeep..its gonna have dead deer and all kinds of stuff riding around in it...lol...so for now we are going for the lots better than it was/good enuff status...something i will do better than others...also been toying with the idea of no filler at all just simply smooth the welds on all repair patches a little and leave the battle scars....anyways ill take lots of pics the next few days are going to be busy ones

Unread 08-24-2013, 03:23 AM   #321
freaknajeep
1971 DJ 

So it's like 3:15am....I can't sleep thinking about what the motor is going to look like after some paint(um duh same as before just with paint)...turns out after going to all of the big 3 lookin for Chrysler turquoise...my stuff wasn't even that color....turns out folks at jasper used "Detroit Diesel-Alpine Green"...super nice color(gay)....j/k I really really like the color and think its going to really pop with the light tan/ivory/almond body color and Brown accents....ok gonna try n go back sleep...can't paint in dark...lol

Unread 08-24-2013, 10:46 AM   #322
freaknajeep
1971 DJ 

hey if anyone who reads my thread regularly has photoshop and wouldnt mind doing me a favor.....i would like 2 renditions done for my mail jeep...or anymail jeep just a full on side shot...first one would be to crop the body behind doors and then again right behind rear window, then join these two sections making a cab, then mock up some kinda bed with the rear wheels moved back just a little......second would be to crop the body what would appear to beabout 4 inches behind a-pillar(windshield frame) then join this to the first crop from above and leaving the tires in the current position on each crop(to simulate frame stretch)...if anyone cares to do this for me but isnt sure what im looking for just pm me....thanks a mil...

Unread 08-24-2013, 01:57 PM   #323
freaknajeep
1971 DJ 

The news said sun the weather channel said sun...and yet it's raining...uuuugggghhhhh.....I so know how Charlie Brown felt......

Unread 08-25-2013, 12:25 AM   #324
ashland82391
Out of money yet...Yup!

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by freaknajeep View Post
hey if anyone who reads my thread regularly has photoshop and wouldnt mind doing me a favor.....i would like 2 renditions done for my mail jeep...or anymail jeep just a full on side shot...first one would be to crop the body behind doors and then again right behind rear window, then join these two sections making a cab, then mock up some kinda bed with the rear wheels moved back just a little......second would be to crop the body what would appear to beabout 4 inches behind a-pillar(windshield frame) then join this to the first crop from above and leaving the tires in the current position on each crop(to simulate frame stretch)...if anyone cares to do this for me but isnt sure what im looking for just pm me....thanks a mil...
Firemedic is awesome with this kind of stuff, he'll hook you up.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f59/p...thread-517571/
ashland82391 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-25-2013, 07:09 PM   #325
freaknajeep
1971 DJ 

ok just a few quick pics nothin fancy..ignore the unpainted vc and op...gonna do the op when i get the jeep running and up to the hoistin tree...and the vc this weekend...didnt want the motor opened up for that long...ok so on to the pics....

parts..lol

reassembly....

well thats it for now...more to come...tomorrow givin it doesnt rain gonna finish up the rear shocks and final wash on the frame just to remove the degreaser film then final coat of black on frame.....motor mount brackets and op will be painted and new mounts once it drivable...also gonna drop of the radiator at thr radiator shop and see if its worth salvaging...if not a new one is in order.....

Unread 08-25-2013, 11:54 PM   #326
ashland82391
Out of money yet...Yup!

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
ok just a few quick pics nothin fancy..ignore the unpainted vc and op...gonna do the op when i get the jeep running and up to the hoistin tree...and the vc this weekend...didnt want the motor opened up for that long...ok so on to the pics....

parts..lol

reassembly....

well thats it for now...more to come...tomorrow givin it doesnt rain gonna finish up the rear shocks and final wash on the frame just to remove the degreaser film then final coat of black on frame.....motor mount brackets and op will be painted and new mounts once it drivable...also gonna drop of the radiator at thr radiator shop and see if its worth salvaging...if not a new one is in order.....
Pretty!!!
ashland82391 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-26-2013, 01:54 AM   #327
straightsixjeep
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Looks awesome, is that an aftermarket intake? I don't have photoshop however I recently purchased corel paintshop which is essentially the same. I'll reread your description and see if I can get an idea of what your looking for.
Unread 08-26-2013, 04:58 AM   #328
freaknajeep
1971 DJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashland82391 View Post
Pretty!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by straightsixjeep View Post
Looks awesome, is that an aftermarket intake? I don't have photoshop however I recently purchased corel paintshop which is essentially the same. I'll reread your description and see if I can get an idea of what your looking for.
Thanks a lot, no the intake and exhaust are stock...I still need to make a eve block off plate and get some plugs for the air injection holes in the exhaust manifold...I decided against cutting and welding up the tubes on the air injection because the airpump itself and all the components are good(just in case I move somewhere where emissions are more strict)....

Basically I'm looking for a rendition of the mailjeep as a two piece pickup I.e. cab n bed...and a rendition of it as a 4dr wrangler style...only with a little lift and bigger than stock tires...this is after all a street truck for at least a few years(maybe)

Unread 08-26-2013, 01:46 PM   #329
drewabril
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I have 0 artistic ability/vision, so I cannot do this for you, but I can recommend a free program that is like photoshop. It is called the Gnu Image Manipulation Program...hence the website:

http://www.gimp.org/
drewabril is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-26-2013, 10:07 PM   #330
freaknajeep
1971 DJ 

So after a trip to auto zone and opening several different shocks I have at least decided on 1983 ford f150 shocks for the rear...and promptly realized my grand idea to relocate factory upper mounts was a bust...so drilled out some 1/4" plate and got new upper and lower mounts in...gonna have to slightly modify rear floor but that's minor...lol...will have more pics tomorrow

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.