Sparrows 2.0 - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Sparrows 2.0

Savvy Aluminum Gas Tank SkidFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Stainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 10-24-2013, 07:53 PM   #31
95YJMountie

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Looking forward to watching this build. Subbed

95YJMountie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-25-2013, 04:02 AM   #32
WidowYj91
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Subbed!!! As a matter of fact I can't let go of the war pig thread.... Lookin forward to watching this one come together!
Unread 10-26-2013, 05:25 AM   #33
jawasan
Sk8er4life

1989 YJ Wrangler 

Subbed fo' sure! Glad to be able to see this one from the beginning!
It is refreshing to see a "Jeep Vet" go back to basics.....never hurts eh?
jawasan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2013, 05:29 AM   #34
jawasan
Sk8er4life

1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrows View Post
What's next? Oh yeah, I'm broke. I just moved and that sucked up all my monies.
So what free/cheap stuff can I do to sate my never ending desire to work on my Jeep? Why is a poor Sparrows to do?

Get the grinder out. Duh!

TA-DA! Stubby bumper.

Ok, yeah, kinda lame. But it's something. Gave me something to do for, oh, like 15 minutes.
Crap, what else can I do?

I rummaged through the remnants of my YJ parts pile and found these;

Green LEDs for the dash!(Shown next to the stock bulb.) I had bought them and never put them in so, in they went!

And never able to leave stuff along, I decided to spruce up my dash while I had it torn apart.
I used this;

To paint this stuff;

I also painted the panels/gauge bezels (no pics )

Oh and these..
Before...

After

Looks WAY better!

And lastly, I dug these out, and put them on/in.

Shifter and matching cig lighter lol.

Aaaaand I'm stuck for right now waiting on $$$$$$. I may pull my flares off this week, trim them a bit and paint them up. Something to do right?

Cheers
Diggin' the bumper Sparrows! Being broke will bring out the best in the creativity skills....and YES, might as well hit the fenders while ya' got the cutting wheel out! It should quell the urges till you get some 'cloaks again.

BTW, how does the Krylon hold up on the dash and doors Sparrows? I used it years ago but when people sat in my car they DID SO WITH HANDS IN THEIR LAP!! lol I was too picky to enjoy the damn car!! So anyhow, how's it hold up in a vehicle that sees more "human interaction"?
jawasan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2013, 09:01 AM   #35
JeepaholicNinja
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Subbing, love white vehicles...

...Wishing I wasn't stock
Edit: Wishing everything worked as it should
JeepaholicNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2013, 11:05 AM   #36
HaskiE
Thread Reviver

1992 YJ Wrangler 

in for the sub! post parts you need/want... never know what we have kicking around...

looking forward to the build
#theneverendingaxe
HaskiE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2013, 09:15 PM   #37
Sparrows
It's coming...

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Holy subs! Thanks for all the sub's and compliments guys! For the next month it's mostly going to be just cheap/free mods and stuff. If you're into that, awesome! Me too!

If not, give it a bit and the big stuff will start happening.
Quote:
Originally Posted by grandboost98 View Post
Cant wait to see what you do with this one! And this build will be like a "twofer", we get to see your build and your brothers build lol

I think everyone with a YJ is hard up for mod money these days. Just search through the forum and find those little free/cheap mods that keep you busy inbetween saving money. I wish I had another stock YJ to keep me busy, Ive already done all the cheap/free mods on mine lol
Thanks bud. Glad to see you here.
Yeah that's my plan, and I will for sure be posting some of the stuff I "make" my brother do.

I think he wants to keep it mild. For now...(we have all said that at one point or another haven't we? ) Something like 3-4" of lift and some 32s and a lunchbox up front. It'll do 99% of the trails around here and then some, but won't upset his lady too much!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZdEvilYJ View Post
Haha I feel like that too! But instead I take things off and clean and paint just to reassemble.
I do a lot of that...Very soothing and relaxing to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jawasan View Post
Subbed fo' sure! Glad to be able to see this one from the beginning!
It is refreshing to see a "Jeep Vet" go back to basics.....never hurts eh?
Thanks. It doesn't hurt at all. It's been really refreshing actually. And humbling at times. All good things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jawasan View Post
Diggin' the bumper Sparrows! Being broke will bring out the best in the creativity skills....and YES, might as well hit the fenders while ya' got the cutting wheel out! It should quell the urges till you get some 'cloaks again.

BTW, how does the Krylon hold up on the dash and doors Sparrows? I used it years ago but when people sat in my car they DID SO WITH HANDS IN THEIR LAP!! lol I was too picky to enjoy the damn car!! So anyhow, how's it hold up in a vehicle that sees more "human interaction"?
The Krylon holds up great. My last YJ had the dash, doors, etc painted with it and it held up awesome to the whole topless season, brush, my dog, my 5 year old, and myself! Best part to me is, at $4.00 a can and 30 minutes of my life, I can just repaint it every month for all I care! No matter what, its easy to touch up and get looking perfect again. But all in all, it holds up great.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepaholicNinja View Post
Subbing, love white vehicles...
Me too.
This is my 4th white Jeep lol.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaskiE View Post
in for the sub! post parts you need/want... never know what we have kicking around...

looking forward to the build
Thanks a lot man. Glad to see you found me too.

Thanks again all for all the kind words and the crazy amount of subs already. No pressure or anything right? haha!

Cheers
Sparrows is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2013, 09:46 PM   #38
zte87
2.5 POWER!

1993 YJ Wrangler 

I guess I will join every one and say I subscribed although that happen a couple days ago haha!

/f12 ftw!

Sent from my iPad using JeepForum
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/m...build-1272253/

94 jeep zj bb lift, 31-10.50-15 toyo at2s, magnaflow exhaust!
zte87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2013, 09:57 PM   #39
Dake

1991 YJ Wrangler 

Looking good! Here we go again Love the bumper its on my list of to do's
Unread 10-26-2013, 11:13 PM   #40
ashland82391
Out of money yet...Yup!

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrows View Post
Holy subs! Thanks for all the sub's and compliments guys! For the next month it's mostly going to be just cheap/free mods and stuff. If you're into that, awesome! Me too!

If not, give it a bit and the big stuff will start happening.

Thanks bud. Glad to see you here.
Yeah that's my plan, and I will for sure be posting some of the stuff I "make" my brother do.

I think he wants to keep it mild. For now...(we have all said that at one point or another haven't we? ) Something like 3-4" of lift and some 32s and a lunchbox up front. It'll do 99% of the trails around here and then some, but won't upset his lady too much!

I do a lot of that...Very soothing and relaxing to me.

Thanks. It doesn't hurt at all. It's been really refreshing actually. And humbling at times. All good things.

The Krylon holds up great. My last YJ had the dash, doors, etc painted with it and it held up awesome to the whole topless season, brush, my dog, my 5 year old, and myself! Best part to me is, at $4.00 a can and 30 minutes of my life, I can just repaint it every month for all I care! No matter what, its easy to touch up and get looking perfect again. But all in all, it holds up great.

Me too.
This is my 4th white Jeep lol.

Thanks a lot man. Glad to see you found me too.

Thanks again all for all the kind words and the crazy amount of subs already. No pressure or anything right? haha!

Cheers
Cheap/free mods? Those are my favorite!
ashland82391 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-03-2013, 08:53 PM   #41
Sparrows
It's coming...

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Wheeled it today! Time for some pics.
Probably one of my all time favorite days out this year. It was just plain fun! Another great day out with EXILED OFFROAD. I got a good group of people together...

That's me rocking the red Vans lol. We had planned on running a different trail today so I wasn't expecting Snow!!!

I love this shot...

Cheers
Unread 11-03-2013, 08:58 PM   #42
Cwest22
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrows
Wheeled it today! Time for some pics. Probably one of my all time favorite days out this year. It was just plain fun! Another great day out with EXILED OFFROAD. I got a good group of people together... That's me rocking the red Vans lol. We had planned on running a different trail today so I wasn't expecting Snow!!! I love this shot... Cheers
great shots man if I would have made it today we would have been vans twinsies lol
Unread 11-03-2013, 09:06 PM   #43
Sparrows
It's coming...

1995 YJ Wrangler 

A few more...why not?

Cheers
Unread 11-03-2013, 09:08 PM   #44
Sparrows
It's coming...

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cwest22 View Post
great shots man if I would have made it today we would have been vans twinsies lol
I wish you would have made it. Just not the same without you and Vic there.

I can't tell you how fun it was though. We need to run that again before it gets too snowy/icy and impassible.

Cheers
Unread 11-03-2013, 09:10 PM   #45
Cwest22
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrows
I wish you would have made it. Just not the same without you and Vic there. I can't tell you how fun it was though. We need to run that again before it gets too snowy/icy and impassible. Cheers
if I can get out next weekend I'm down need to feta run in before the baby comes and that's real soon lol

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.