SourMash The YJ. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > SourMash The YJ.

Dana 30 Truss for your TJ, LJ, ZJ, and XJFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 06-15-2014, 03:58 PM   #1
amp713
1995 YJ Wrangler 

SourMash The YJ.

One of my favorite YJ's happens to belong to ZTE and I have been reading his entire 144 page build thread and figured I might as well start one myself! Ive got a build thread on my duramax and my hot rod so I guess I better have one for the jeep too!

I picked it up 8 days ago, 95 yj, 4.0 ax15 LS in the rear still works, original owners towed it behind their RV most of the time then it was bought by the guy I just bought it from, I rolled it over 106 k on the drive home, The PO had a 1" shackle lift, 31's, custom powder coated aluminum wheels, front and rear bumper along with rocksliders, after market front seats, tuck and roll rear seat, a grant steering wheel and a crappy deck. Everything else seemed stock.

Ive put an exhaust on it, a new deck, changed the oil in the tcase and trans, did a tune up, took front and rear trac arms off, added a winch, took off the hard top and put on one of my softops. I added a hilift jack hood mount, changed all the dash lights to LED, ordered a new headlight switch since they were cutting out. Also have a front Aussie locker, reuseable diff gaskets, boom shackles and air intake hood scoop on the way. Went out wheeling a few times after work and went out on one little trail with it on thursday. Rubbing the flares pretty good so am picking up a set of TJ style flares from a friend, found another used set that I may pick up as a spare in case i smash something hahaha

Its done good so far, if i could get on the rock i could climb it, but could use some lift! Am planning on a 2.5 OME spring lift, possible body lift and some more goodies. I have threee projects now to work on so will be taking turns vehicle to vehicle. Have a guy offering to help me subframe my Tcase and do a belly pan on it, alot of work involved to do it though so it may be a minute before I get it done!

Next step is to put on everything thats ordered, get a sound system since i have stock front speakers still, and grab an LED light bar for a little extra light.

amp713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-15-2014, 04:04 PM   #2
amp713
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Couple quick pics.....
sourmash.jpg   lilflex.jpg   winched.jpg  
Unread 06-16-2014, 03:09 PM   #3
amp713
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Ran into my buddy that had the TJ today, said he just gave away a 231 tcase with SYE....... BUT had a beffed up front drive line and a rear that would work when i SYE mine! also had some upgraded motor mounts and some extra snatch blocks he is gonna give me! SCORE!!!!!

Jeep is in the dealership having a recall completed for the ebrake lever assembly, the air intake scoop that i ordered showed up..... Def not the one i thought i purchased!!! Thanks alot ebay..... But oh well, it will probably work for now and maybe i can sell it off to a buddy later!

Im currently pulling the trans and tcase out of my duramax, blew up the TC and chewed up the tranny in the process. Also found out today i blew the rear main. Ordered more parts for it plus a kit for upgrading/fixing the tcase before it has pump rub issues and bites me in the butt. Might as well since it will be out! Still working on uploading pics off my camera, was going to do that today while i had my lunch break and i realized the camera is in the jeep at the dealership :/
Unread 06-16-2014, 03:10 PM   #4
amp713
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Oh and the headlight switch showed up also, will install it tonight, going to clean the old one up really good and keep it as a spare just to incase.

Also fixed the broken glove box door yesterday with some allen head bolts, Kinda like the way it looks. Will post a pic tonight and am going to finally mount the center console, and still need to find a bushing for my spare tire carrier as it is blown to pieces.....
Unread 06-17-2014, 07:17 PM   #5
amp713
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Well the jeep got stuck in the dealership overnight since they didnt get it done, got it back today after dropping my dmax trans and looked at putting on the air cowl but dont like the way this one looks.... Gonna sell it off and find me a better one, mounted the center console and installed the new headlight switch, fab'd up some brackets to mount the winch solenoid box and got it mounted solid. Still trying to figure out a good way to mount my pistol in the vehicle and am having absolutely no luck!!!! Guess ill figure it out when i can, Locker didnt show up today like I thought it would. Driving the jeep to colorado for Country Jam tomorrow after work so am going to throw the hard top and doors back on for that trip. Also looks like i didnt have many pics of me on my camera from our last trip... Guess thats what happens when you own the camera! Gotta figure out how to shrink them down to fit here!
Unread 06-24-2014, 10:44 PM   #6
amp713
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Took the jeep right past Moab and into Colorado last week headed down for country jam, ran hard too and doors the whole way and got around 15mpg.... 31's and 3.55 stock gearing allowed me well into the 80mph range when I needed to pass which was good to know since I hadn't tried it! Drove home and noticed a slight vibration in the rear at decel in 5th. Feels kinda like bad u joint at the transfer case but I'm hoping to SYE it within the month so may just run it! Got home Sunday at 4am and had work at 6am, walked in to find a stack of parts waiting! Got them opened up after work on Monday! Lube lockers, Aussie front locker, body lift, shackles, and some parts for my truck! Now to get it all done!!!! Also building a hoist to take the hard top off by myself in my barn. Picking up some gen right 3" front fenders and some TJ style fenders this weekend. Will sell the stock fenders and front TJ style ones and try to make back some money. Also debating on selling my full doors and going to a soft door I saw on quadratech they lets you run full or half. Also my bushing in my rear tire carrier is destroyed anyone know where to get this style???
Unread 06-24-2014, 10:50 PM   #7
amp713
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Forgot to add the pics before hitting post hahahahah
bushing.jpg   carrier.jpg   stuff.jpg  
Unread 06-26-2014, 11:41 AM   #8
amp713
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Got the shackles on and the rear diff drained, cleaned and sealed up with the lube locker. Threw an extra coat of black on it too just to help. Came inside to take a break it was starting to get really hot! Gonna try to get the body lift done in the barn real quick then do my locker tonight when it cools back down a bit!
Unread 06-26-2014, 12:31 PM   #9
amp713
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Snapped the first body bolt I tried to loosen........... OK time to brainstorm......................
Unread 06-27-2014, 10:43 PM   #10
amp713
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Well got my front end apart and lockers in, went to bolt the carrier back in and had a bearin cap bolt snap. Still just snugging up using a 3/8's drive ratchet! Took a lot more work than it should have but finally got everyting fixed and bolted up. Took it out and climbed up a hill that had gave me trouble before, pretty excited to try out some new stuff! Also have a better approach getting rid of those old shackles!

So in the last few days I have changed to 3/4 boom shackles all the way around, lube locked front and rear with Aussie front locker, snapped a body bolt im still trying to figure out how to fix and took the wrangler and 4.0 stickers off! Also reset my ECU just to see if it helped any! Going to pick up front tube fenders and some wider rear bushwackers tomorrow! Also had a cool lil handy air down tool show up Ill try out tomorrow morning just to see! Will get more pics coming soon!
Unread 07-01-2014, 10:05 PM   #11
amp713
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Picked up the bushwackers but dont know if i want to run them or not yet..... Getting the genright front tube fenders cleaned up so i can paint them!! Luckily I can drive behind my parents house and rock crawl or trail ride so I hit the hills pretty often. Hit a small rock hill and got a little flex that i managed to get a pic of!
flexxxyy.jpg  
Unread 07-14-2014, 07:12 PM   #12
amp713
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Well havent done much, painted my clevis's red and drove the hell outta it! Drove about 1.5 hours with bikini top and hard doors for one trip and spent half of it in a downpour but stayed dry! So glad to have my hard top off. In the process of taking it off with a homemade remover setup i scratched the piss outta the jeep and ripped my tint on the hard top up. Tried to pull my sway bar links but they are stuck pretty good. Might just wait till i lift it so i can replace with disconnects. Got 15mpg most of the driving lately and one tank at 17. Headed out sunday to wheel some stuff not far from home...... Damage: TONS of rock rash and skid plate parking jobs. Breakage: Grease zert (sp?) on a boom shackle. Found out my lil air chuck was way off and had actually aired down to 8 psi instead of 13!! Didnt debead and crawled like crazy but sure looked sketchy! Pics to follow!
Unread 07-14-2014, 07:13 PM   #13
amp713
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Pic time
.jpg   a1.jpg   a3.jpg   a4.jpg   a5.jpg  

a6.jpg   a7.jpg  
Unread 07-14-2014, 07:15 PM   #14
amp713
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Oh I also picked up some TJ flares that I like alot more than the bushwackers but now thinking about just selling my stock flares, the TJ's and the bushwackers PLUS my front fenders and inners when i install the genrights and buying some corner gaurds with built in 6" flares.... Have to fork out some more cash on my duramax tranny build so my lift has been put on hold for a bit sadly.....

Edit for More stuff.... Front passenger axle seal has developed a leak, i put a small yardsale sub box behind the seat for a little more sound (still not amped since its stock dash speakers), started spraying body bolts with PB, plan to do headlight relay mod soon and am debating between TJ one piece axle or doing a vaccum switch wiring job that would allow me to disconnect 4wd at anytime thus giving me a 2Low for under $50 versus a terflex 2low kit at close to 300 i think..... Decisions decisions...... Front fenders are still in progress, ran out of gas for the welder and had family reunions and work so I havent got any further!
Unread 07-19-2014, 05:59 PM   #15
amp713
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Still just floating right now, ordered the rest of the stuff for my duramax transmission so the jeep is patiently waiting! Did get my license plate finally, only to have to cut it to clear the rear tire carrier! Thinking Im going to wire up an electric fan to just run whenever the key is on....

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.