Soontobeinsand's JKU RUBI Build - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Soontobeinsand's JKU RUBI Build

Black Friday SALE! Up to 20% off at Diode Dynamics!Bds fox ipf 2.0 racing series shocks now available at rockG2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ Ch

Unread 06-27-2014, 09:49 PM   #1
soontobeinsand

Soontobeinsand's JKU RUBI Build

Just wanted to get this started now before things get moving too far along.

Just picked up my 4th wrangler. Previous was a 92YJ, 2000TJ Sport (3"BDS Lift, 33's, Crager Wheels, etc), and 1975 CJ5 (AMC 304, 3 Speed, Fiberglass Body, Full Cage, 33's, Warn front and Rear Bumpers, etc.)

Now I am moving on to a 2009 JKU Rubicon. Purchased from the original owner who bought it with 2 miles on it. All work was done by them so this is my base. 3" BDS lift with 2" spacers, Hankook 35" Dynapro tires wrapping MotoMetal wheels, AEV Rear bumper with tire carrier, factory navigation, 3 piece Hard Top, JKS adjustable trackbar, Flashpaq, Air Raid intake)

The only thing that I have done since the pictures were taken was give it a nice bath and remove the factory "Wrangler Unlimited" stickers from the front fenders.

UPCOMING MODS :

New Front Bumper
Winch
Bimini Top with Tonneau Cover
Flat Fender Flares
37" MTR's when these tires give out
Long Arm lift
Headlight with HID
50" LED Light Bar
Exhaust
Hood Mounted High Lift Jack
10th Anniversary Rubicon or AEV hood

soontobeinsand is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-10-2014, 08:17 PM   #2
soontobeinsand

Just finished with the first series of mods for the Jeep.

Smittybilt SRC Side Rails - Excellent quality, super easy install, and a great price at $329.00 shipped from eBay.
High Lift jack with Hood Mount - Decent quality, not the best, easy install though and it looks good from a distance.
Smittybilt A-Pillar light mounts with CREE 4" LED Spot Lights - Looks really good, I haven't done the wiring for the lights yet but the setup looks perfect on there.
Rugged Ridge EVAP Skid Plate - Beefy and Beautiful, super cheap to buy (about $90) but worth every penny.
Daystar A-Pillar Switch Pod w/ non Daystar switches - Haven't installed yet because I am waiting for the relay kits to come in to hook up all the lighting.

I think that is it for now but there will be more coming very soon. PICS to come soon for today's installations.

Next up is a new front bumper, 50" LED Light bar, and Winch.
soontobeinsand is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.