SoCal Build - Amateur Hour!!! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > SoCal Build - Amateur Hour!!!

RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy/Currie Aluminum Control Arms

Unread 11-21-2012, 10:51 AM   #1
scottlong22
2003 TJ Wrangler 

SoCal Build - Amateur Hour!!!

Hey everyone,

So I guess I will start a build thread since I am making progress on my Jeep Sahara. So I have owned Jeeps since I was 16 (About 7) and I never did anything to them - pretty much got em new. Now at age 32, I am looking to put in some work and get dirty. Makes me feel manly I guess. This forum has helped me with many questions (Mainly dumb ones) and I have learned some lessons already from the pros on here. I admire the fact that so many people come on here and help and simply lend a hand. By no means am I a hands on guy who knows everything about cars even though I grew up in Pittsburgh around hunter car uncles. I should of paid attention! Anywho I will post a pic of how I got her and a pic now 11.19.12. Here is what I did, (Disclaimer - Some may roll their eyes at my attempt to mod my Jeep into something that is actually worth riding)

1. Read all about bed liner spray and wheels and I went ahead and gave it a shot! Turns out I love the look and the rough look suits my Jeep well. This took me about 2 bottles and 2 days to complete - I wanted to be careful... Oh and PS make sure to wear a mask because I did get a HUGE contact buzz and found myself sitting in the front lawn looking dazed....

2. My soft top was abused when I bought it and even though the car looked good, the top had to go. It was faded and the 2 back windows were slashed which I found out later... I rode it off the lot with the top down like an idiot... I thought I was cool - NOT! Learned the hard way. I went to 4 wheel parts in Van Nuys and the guy who I believe was the owner helped me out BIG TIME. It was raining bad and he noticed I was riding wet and hooked me up with a brand new soft top (Black) with tints and non tint windows for $300 bills. The cool thing is I got to do the install. The install was every thing I thought it would be. I was in a garage - had the USC, UCLA game on and I was sweaty... Yea I actually got it installed and it was easier than I thought. Again I am not car savy and I was skerd to say the least. I think I doubt myself too much and need to simply just do it! No Nike plug...

3. Tires - I want 32 or 33 inch tires and looking for 4 tires under $700.00 new. I know they are out there and I will have them! I have been looking around and may have some leads.. Now I need more money!!! My ETA = 2-3 weeks. I am going to do burn outs all day until then to use the current 30's I have on now.

4. Spyder Flares or PUREJEEP Front Tube Fender Flare's - I love the rough, edgy look and want the tires to really show. I plan on buying and installing myself. Funny how you get a tattoo and you end up getting 15 more (I do) and its the same deal with the Jeep.

5. I did tear apart the inside of the Jeep (Took out the middle speaker under the middle console) and that was fun. Got to see what the bottom looks like! Sadly I was excited for such a simple tear down. I took out the blown speaker and will install new one soon.

6. Went to Bestbuy and got a new iPod / CD player since the original Jeep one was skippng all day! Spent 300 bills and got it hooked up - plus the guy fixed my rear view mirror which was not working - now I can see the temp outside~!!!

7. Tint from 2 windows - I dont want people to see me. ETA - 3 months.

8. New Rims - May want to go bigger - 18's. ETA - No time frame

9. Lift - If I can stay away from lift for now with 32's or 33's then thats fine. If not, I will get a 2 inch lift - ETA - tires will dictate that....

Well thats all I have for now - Thanks for reading this clueless amateur hour thread and feel free to bash me for my idiocracy on here... Or you can help me and build me into a super builder!

photo22.jpg   jeep.jpg  
scottlong22 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-21-2012, 11:01 AM   #2
GreenTJ04
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Jeep looks real good I like the how the wheels turned out u should keep em save the money for another mod
GreenTJ04 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-21-2012, 11:21 AM   #3
scottlong22
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenTJ04 View Post
Jeep looks real good I like the how the wheels turned out u should keep em save the money for another mod
Thinking the same thing - the wheels turned out better than I thought and i actually had a lot of peopel comment on how they look. Thought I bought rims lol.
scottlong22 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.