Sobie's Golden Eagle build - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Sobie's Golden Eagle build

The ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! BroughECGS Fall Sale - 10% Off EVERYTHING!!Gear Packages Available! Your # 1 Diff Shop is ROCKRIDGE 4

Unread 07-27-2012, 01:57 PM   #61
Poncho137
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I have a Question about that top, did you have to mod it to fit? I just bought the same top and im a little nervous to eff up something that i dont know how to fix. Im new to the whole mods-to-the-jeep thing. thanks!

Poncho137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-29-2012, 09:01 AM   #62
Sobie
Bolt-on Maniac

I didn't have to modify the top at all. I did have to take the roll bar padding off since the 03-06 has thicker pads.

Its a nice top but if I could do it again I would go for a safari top, wraparound windjammer and duster combo.
Unread 08-05-2012, 05:59 PM   #63
bojang
2005 TJ Wrangler 

There is a guy on Pirate that could probably hook you up with someone for your axles, project is called Dookeys Revenge or something like that. He could probably tell you where to go to get stuff done. I am pretty sure he is in KC or close by, and I think he likes to help military guys.

Freedom from nags, cranks, government, do-gooders, control-freaks and idiots is all that I ask for.

Never trust a lumpy fart.
bojang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-05-2012, 06:06 PM   #64
lateralus3
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bojang
There is a guy on Pirate that could probably hook you up with someone for your axles, project is called Dookeys Revenge or something like that. He could probably tell you where to go to get stuff done. I am pretty sure he is in KC or close by, and I think he likes to help military guys.
His name is Andy and works at trailworthy fab in Wichita, real cool guy

1994 grand cherokee laredo 4.0 IRO 5.5 critical path long arm kit and OTK steering 35x12.50x15 BFG KM2's

high pinion dana 30 and 8.8 in garage
[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/lateralus3s-slow-build-thread-1042086/"]my build thread[/URL][/CENTER]

[CENTER][SIZE="5"][COLOR="Red"]FOR SALE ONE SET OF ZJ D44A AXLE SHAFTS $150 SHIPPED[/COLOR][/SIZE][/CENTER]
lateralus3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-05-2012, 07:26 PM   #65
AngryTJ
Dreamin of Moab

2005 TJ Wrangler 

lookin good man, you need some more wheelin pics
AngryTJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-05-2012, 10:32 PM   #66
Sobie
Bolt-on Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by bojang View Post
I followed his thread a few months ago for a while. That's an awesome build and he is here in Wichita. Actually I think his shop is right next to the base.

Unfortunately I've had to put the Jeep on the back burner for a while. I just moved into a new place so I've been putting a bit of money towards that while still remaining financially stable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryTJ View Post
lookin good man, you need some more wheelin pics
I know. I haven't been wheeling in months. I've been pretty busy and traveling a lot lately. It's been a lot of fun seeing new places and meeting people from all over. Sometimes it sucks having to put hobbies down for a while, but I wouldn't trade it for anything.
Unread 02-17-2013, 08:33 PM   #67
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

You anywhere near your Jeep these days? Bought any good stuff for it lately?

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs
Derale Tranny Cooler DieHard Factor 55 Thimble Ten Factory Front Chromo Shafts

Get your build sheet here.
Jeffro06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2013, 08:58 PM   #68
Sobie
Bolt-on Maniac

I am near. Unfortunately I don't have a garage right now to work on it. I bought some full soft doors for it this summer and that's about all I've done in the last year besides put gas in and drive.

After my deployment I'll be moving into a house with a garage and the build will continue! I plan on HP30 front swap and keep my d44 rear with 4.88s and arbs. Then depending how much is left over I'll be getting some armor starting with the fenders.
Unread 10-06-2013, 10:21 PM   #69
Sobie
Bolt-on Maniac

Where to start?

I got back about 2 months ago from my second deployment and started ordering and stockpiling parts. I finally had some time to install a few. Some are still on the way.

I will preface that I don't really take pictures during my work. But I will answer any questions the best I can.

First was the Bestop Trektop NX. Install was straightforward and the included instructions were clear. I wanted to replace the halftop I had put on a few years ago. I never really liked the halftop. It was loud and I could never keep water from coming in around the roll bars in the back. This was caused by me removing the roll bar padding which the top is supposed to tuck under in the back.

This top is amazing. Its quiet, keeps me dry and is loaded with features. It comes with all new hardware (door surrounds, etc.). What I was surprised to see was the hard plastic built into the rear corners. I believe this is to reduce flapping in that area since the top is frameless. It has the sunrider feature and all the windows come completely out with only the top staying on to turn it into a safari with only straps at the rear.

The next item I tackled was the Savvy MUA. Install on this took me a while. I have limited tools and a few other mods I've done in the past got in the way. Note to others. If you cut off and rewelded your body mounts higher, you will have to do some modifications to make this work.

The frame "C" brackets are made to fit over the stock mounts and appear to fit in close tolerance. I have the Genright mounts so I had to notch the frame "C" brackets a bit. If you have the Swag body mounts then forget trying to get the Savvy UA. Those mounts are extremely wide and you would have to cut almost all the material of the "C's" out.

I still need to dial in my drivetrain angle and install the engine skid. Ill take care of the drivetrain angle this weekend when a few more parts come in.

This week my front HP 30 and rear 44 are coming in. Both are equipped with ARBs and 4.88s. The rear will also have discs.

A few goodies I'll be installing on the front. Currie JJ housing kit, Currie LCA bracket skids, Blaines tie rod flip sleeve for the drivers side and Vanco's BBK!

I also have a new set of tires and wheels. Staying with 35's. I contemplated jumping to 37s, but this being my daily and not getting into serious enough trails, I decided to stick with the size I have.

A few other odds and ends to install. JB SS SYE and accompanying DS I've had for 2 years but no time or place to install, ARB locker pump, hand throttle as well as a few other small odds and ends I'm forgetting.

I'm happy that I will be nearing an end to a phase of building and this will hopefully last me for years to come.
Unread 10-07-2013, 07:56 AM   #70
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Nice eagle , and thanks for serving .
Unread 10-07-2013, 08:06 AM   #71
Hendrix
TJOTY 2013

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Glad your back, thanks for your service!

The modular UA is very nice, wish they made an option for raised body mounts.
Hendrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-2013, 07:50 PM   #72
jeepwrangler97
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I really like that top...I plan on getting one eventually. I've got the rampage top, but that was planned as a short term, cheaper option just to get me through the rainy season

Sent by a messenger bird
jeepwrangler97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-08-2013, 04:53 AM   #73
Sobie
Bolt-on Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by G Beasley View Post
Nice eagle , and thanks for serving .
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendrix View Post
Glad your back, thanks for your service!

The modular UA is very nice, wish they made an option for raised body mounts.
Thank you.

In the past when I was researching (about a year ago) I knew it wouldn't quite fit right. Somehow in that year, I forgot about it and when it came to install I was in for a nice surprise. Basically I took as little material as possible off the "C's" with the grinder to make it work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepwrangler97 View Post
I really like that top...I plan on getting one eventually. I've got the rampage top, but that was planned as a short term, cheaper option just to get me through the rainy season

Sent by a messenger bird
Its really nice. So far I have zero complaints. My factory top had a small leak in the right rear corner. The half top leaked a lot around the roll bars and was loud. This top is dry and quiet.

Now I just need to figure out where the water is coming in from the drivers side firewall. I've always considered it was the windshield seal, never really looked into it. It has done it since nearly new.
Unread 10-08-2013, 05:45 AM   #74
Sobie
Bolt-on Maniac

A little goodie came in yesterday evening. Guess I should work on the JB SS SYE and locker pump after work these next few days.
image-1078177858.jpg

Unread 10-11-2013, 11:24 PM   #75
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Glad you're back. You got some nice new goodies. Hope you can make it to Colorado 2014.

35's will get you to most places you'll ever want to go, hell I've gone farther on the 33ish tires I have, and I have no plans to go above 35's.....ever.

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs
Derale Tranny Cooler DieHard Factor 55 Thimble Ten Factory Front Chromo Shafts

Get your build sheet here.
Jeffro06 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.