Sobie's Golden Eagle build - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Sobie's Golden Eagle build

Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 12-24-2011, 08:45 AM   #46
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Looking good.

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs
Derale Tranny Cooler DieHard Factor 55 Thimble Ten Factory Front Chromo Shafts

Get your build sheet here.
Jeffro06 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-24-2011, 07:21 PM   #47
Sgt.Fuzz
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Halftop.
Unread 12-25-2011, 03:20 PM   #48
2000GrayTJ
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Love it so far!

Halftop+Ravines=
Unread 12-26-2011, 07:15 AM   #49
Sobie
Bolt-on Maniac

I snapped a few pics of the overhead rack. You will notice theres still some empty space. I have 2 extra bags that I wont be putting on. I ordered an IFAK to keep handy and it is MOLLE mounted. So I'm going to put it overhead for easy reach just in case. I will also be moving some of the bags around eventually.

Also here it is next to the stocker at the dorms. I don't know who drives it but I know its a '97 and I believe its an SE 4 cyl.

And heres a random picture of my uncles Chevelle he is restoring.

The picture doesn't do it any sort of justice. The paint is absolutely breathtaking. You may recognize the color, its on the new Ford pickups. He hates to admit its a Ford color.

Unread 12-31-2011, 02:52 PM   #50
lateralus3
1994 ZJ 

good looking build, that half top is badass

1994 grand cherokee laredo 4.0 IRO 5.5 critical path long arm kit and OTK steering 35x12.50x15 BFG KM2's

high pinion dana 30 and 8.8 in garage
[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/lateralus3s-slow-build-thread-1042086/"]my build thread[/URL][/CENTER]

[CENTER][SIZE="5"][COLOR="Red"]FOR SALE ONE SET OF ZJ D44A AXLE SHAFTS $150 SHIPPED[/COLOR][/SIZE][/CENTER]
lateralus3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-31-2011, 09:32 PM   #51
Sobie
Bolt-on Maniac

Thanks. The halftop is a bit loud on the highway. Loud enough that I chose to wear earplugs on a trip after the install. It made highway driving much more pleasant though. I need to adjust it where it connects to the header too, it sits slightly to the drivers side so the hooks into the top of the door surrounds barely hold on the drivers side.

Are there any wheeling trips planned in the month of Jan? My rig has been a street queen for nearly 2 years. With training and a deployment there hasn't been much time.
Unread 12-31-2011, 09:45 PM   #52
lateralus3
1994 ZJ 

I'm planning on going wheeling after I swap axles and rebuild my t-case. Probably mid February or march

1994 grand cherokee laredo 4.0 IRO 5.5 critical path long arm kit and OTK steering 35x12.50x15 BFG KM2's

high pinion dana 30 and 8.8 in garage
[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/lateralus3s-slow-build-thread-1042086/"]my build thread[/URL][/CENTER]

[CENTER][SIZE="5"][COLOR="Red"]FOR SALE ONE SET OF ZJ D44A AXLE SHAFTS $150 SHIPPED[/COLOR][/SIZE][/CENTER]
lateralus3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2012, 05:41 PM   #53
Sobie
Bolt-on Maniac

Went wheeling today. My trail report can be seen here.
Unread 01-22-2012, 10:15 AM   #54
Sobie
Bolt-on Maniac

I think this is the only picture that surfaced of my Jeep from yesterday.

Anyways, as always the Jeep performed well and I had a blast. Gained a few more scratches too.

This was my first trip with the Currie lift with Antirock. It was nice not having to disconnect.

I think I'm going to go for a York OBA set up for tax return season. After that I will be saving for ARBs and gears. Then fenders after that. I'm thinking this is going to be an expensive year.
Unread 02-23-2012, 03:10 AM   #55
Sobie
Bolt-on Maniac

I got a quote from a shop here in Wichita for gears and an ARB locker. They said they use Richmond gears and have had a great success with them. They quoted me 3600 for parts plus labor. That's if I install the compressor and switches, 4050 for them to install it all. I'd honestly like to install the compressor and switches myself.

It sounded like a decent quote to me considering the lockers are ~900-1000 a piece. Anyone have input on this price. I want ARBs considering they are very reliable.

I know I've talked about putting oba in but I've decided that I'm going to be getting a pickup to DD and tow the jeep with in the next couple years and I will just install oba in that.
Unread 02-23-2012, 06:50 AM   #56
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Prices like that make you think buying new bigger axles with gears and lockers already set up and selling the old axles may not be that far from possibility. Have you looked into that price difference?

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs

Unread 02-23-2012, 08:52 AM   #57
Sobie
Bolt-on Maniac

If I were to order an HP D30 from ECGS it would cost ~$1500 for the housing (inner knuckle to inner knuckle), gears and locker plus a $200 handling fee. Then add whatever shipping is. I would be reusing outers and shafts.

Dynatrac HP 44 is ~$1900 and I don't think that includes gears or locker. The descriptions are all very vague for the Prorock 44 but considering the prices for their other axles, it wouldn't surprise me.

A G2 D44 front is ~$2800 with ARB and gears but that also includes new shafts. You only need to put on your outers (I've heavily contemplated this route). A similar built HP 30 from ECGS is ~$2300. I'd also have to have the rear regeared or order a rear.

G2 D44 front and rear (with discs, something I wanted to upgrade to in the future) shipped pretty much ready to bolt in would be $5500 to $6000. Steep but I'm halfway to that right now really. I could sell my axle pair I'm sure and recoup some cost. I'm sure if I looked around I could probably find it cheaper. Plus I'd have brand new axles.

Gah, sometimes I wish I would have went to 31s and built up my Jeep to handle 35s first instead of jumping to 35s and playing catch up. Hindsight is 20/20. But there is no way I'm going back down. Maybe I should just save till the end of the year and get something for myself for Christmas.

The good thing is, I get some pay raises this year. One from time in service and another for sewing on SrA. So slowly I will start to save faster.
Unread 02-23-2012, 05:30 PM   #58
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

If I were you I'd do the axle upgrade and sell the old ones.....do it right, do it once...which seems to be totally against the jeep "code"....

Unread 02-23-2012, 07:14 PM   #59
TJRHD
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffro06 View Post
If I were you I'd do the axle upgrade and sell the old ones.....do it right, do it once...which seems to be totally against the jeep "code"....
That is a fact!
Unread 02-24-2012, 07:07 AM   #60
Sobie
Bolt-on Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffro06
Ha-ha. That makes me want to go with the Currie D60s or G2 D44 front D60 rear.

I think I'll just wait till the end of the year to make a decision. This way I'll have time to save, scour the market for options and do it all at once. I'll be much happier with my jeep once I get the axles under it. I think after that I will feel closer to the "end" of my build.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.