Sobie's Golden Eagle build - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Sobie's Golden Eagle build

Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 05-15-2011, 12:34 PM   #31
Sobie
Bolt-on Maniac

I wouldn't be too worried about covering it, but the air is so dang dirty here and the sun gets pretty intense. I could wash the outside and 2 days later its just as dirty as before I washed it. I don't even drive down any dirt roads! Just trying to protect it from the sun and dirt. I plan on giving it a good wash and wax on the outside and really cleaning up the inside before sealing it all up. Maybe put an air freshener on the inside too. That way I'll have something nice to come back to.

Unread 05-15-2011, 12:47 PM   #32
jeepin ruby
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Nice Bird ya got there man. Its lookin great! I had a black Golden Eagle myself. LOVED that Jeep. Im still kickin myself for trading it in.

Good luck with your deployment!!

My build...
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/my-01-xj-784959/
jeepin ruby is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2011, 12:48 PM   #33
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sobie View Post
That way I'll have something nice to come back to.
You mean besides more mod money?

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs
Derale Tranny Cooler DieHard Factor 55 Thimble Ten Factory Front Chromo Shafts

Get your build sheet here.
Jeffro06 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2011, 01:17 PM   #34
Sobie
Bolt-on Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepin ruby View Post
Nice Bird ya got there man. Its lookin great! I had a black Golden Eagle myself. LOVED that Jeep. Im still kickin myself for trading it in.

Good luck with your deployment!!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffro06 View Post
You mean besides more mod money?

I'm already putting my list together. Big things are HPD-30 up front with ARBs and 4.88s all around. Thinking about getting the UCF Ultra High Clearance skid and engine skid. Also a new front and rear bumper. I'm going to go for the flat *** and mount my spare in the bed. And reroute the darn exhaust.

OR...

Maybe put it all into the payment. Hmm. I'd be pretty close to paying it off with what I should come back with.
Unread 05-15-2011, 01:34 PM   #35
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Paying it off is a good thing too.

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs

Unread 11-12-2011, 03:18 PM   #36
Sobie
Bolt-on Maniac

Just dropped a good chunk of my deployment money on parts. New top, bumpers, tail lights, gas tank skid, winch and other odds and ends. My weekends are about to get busy.

I think I need to deploy again so I can get my axles set up .
Unread 11-13-2011, 02:50 PM   #37
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sobie
Just dropped a good chunk of my deployment money on parts. New top, bumpers, tail lights, gas tank skid, winch and other odds and ends. My weekends are about to get busy.

I think I need to deploy again so I can get my axles set up .
Sounds good.

Unread 11-18-2011, 07:42 PM   #38
Sobie
Bolt-on Maniac

Its Christmas early!

What isn't pictured... the Savvy gas tank skid, which I installed tonight. Also I'm waiting for my front savvy bumper to come in.

I would have put the Rokmen rear bumper on, but I ran into an issue during the install. Going to contact Rokmen to try and resolve it before I disclose any details. EDIT: So I am currently running bumperless.

I think UPS lost a package too. It says it was delivered, but it was not. It is not at our mail sorting facility... The lady that works there said the UPS delivery driver told her there were 9 packages, only 8 made it to their (mail place on base) and my possession. She said he probably left it on the truck. And would bring it Monday. Too bad I'll be out of town on leave.

I think this is the most issues that I've had at one time, but its also the largest order I've ever placed. Actually I can't say I've really ever had shipping or install issues that I can think of off the top of my head.

Still, I am happy overall and know these issues are easy to resolve and will be resolved.

Unread 11-18-2011, 09:06 PM   #39
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Jealous.

Unread 12-01-2011, 09:41 PM   #40
Sobie
Bolt-on Maniac

Savvy front bumper came in a few days ago. Hopefully I got enough rest today (working nights) because I'm going to start installing everything tomorrow morning.

I will also be installing the Christmas Wreath mod to my grill.

Side note: I was trying to figure out how many miles I've put on my Jeep this year and I think its around 3000. I started this thread in March and had ~62k, I now have a hair over 63k.
Unread 12-01-2011, 09:47 PM   #41
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Can't wait to see the new "War Bird"....lol.

Unread 12-02-2011, 05:34 PM   #42
Sobie
Bolt-on Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffro06 View Post
Can't wait to see the new "War Bird"....lol.

Beforeish:

After:

Apologies for the poor picture quality, it was dark and I was trying to use a higher exposure time but didn't really keep my camera still enough. I will take some more tomorrow in the light.

I didn't get as much accomplished today as I would have liked. The paint booth was reserved today and is all weekend so I don't have a place to paint the front bumper. I may just find a large open area in the parking lot and knock it out. It is very cold out though (35*) and getting colder.

As you can see, I did get the Rokmen rear bumper, ORO LiteDots, and TNT rear license plate bracket installed.

You may not be able to see it, but my CB antenna doesn't have a wire going to it. I skipped hooking it up for now because I am going to be relocating the CB to the Smittybilt overhead rack once I install it, therefore I will be rerouting the antenna wire.

On the TNT bracket, I mounted the ORO LitePlate which is a license plate light and third brake light in one. It lights up the plate well. I spliced it into the factory wiring for the third brake light. What I did was cut the ground off of the original circuit where the 2 contacts are on the tub, I turned the ground into the running light for the license plate light. Then ran a new ground to the TNT mount itself. This makes for a fairly clean install with no wires running everywhere.

Note to others, the Rokmen bumper requires you to cut 2 notches in the cross-member to mount. This is required because the back of the shackle mounts stick out. I didn't see anything on Rokmens website that indicated this to be the case and it was a surprise a few weeks ago when I attempted the install the first time. Also its a pretty tight fit. I really like the clearance gains as well as the look. Its very basic. Which I like. I also like how it strengthens the rear cross-member by enclosing around it. And the welds, were amazing.

Halfway through the install I ran into a problem, my hardware was too short to get the tank skid and rokmen bumper in place. No problem, only took a call to three friends to find one able to drive me to the hardware store, well actually he came to the auto hobby shop and let me drive his '04 CTS. It is a very nice car.

The LiteDots were a straightforward install. Take off old lights, cut pigtail for the old connector and splice into the ORO wiring. I did need to tap a few of the screw holes on the tub with a hammer to get it to sit more flush. I ordered an LED relay, so until it gets here its going to be hyper-flash blinkers.

I'll probably try to get the Smittybilt rack on and maybe the Halftop tomorrow. The front bumper depends on if I decide to paint it in the parking lot or wait for the booth.

But now it is time for a shower and social time.
Unread 12-02-2011, 10:22 PM   #43
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Looks better already.

Unread 12-02-2011, 10:45 PM   #44
kyle_craig
1998 TJ Wrangler 

The back end is looking good!
kyle_craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-24-2011, 06:30 AM   #45
Sobie
Bolt-on Maniac

Well I had some time to work on the jeep yesterday. Ill have to edit this with some before pics later since they are on my other computer.

Halftop:

Savvy Bumper, XRC 10 winch, AtoZ Light mount:

I forgot to snap pics of the GEAR Overhead rack. I like it so far. I mounted my CB on it and wrapped up the mic into one of the bags. I need to find a 12' antenna cord. My old one is 18' or 20' and is way too long.

Suprisingly everything went on smooth. Even the Halftop which is designed for 97-02. The only thing is the hooks at the header dont like to unlatch when you want them to. The fit for the entire top is very tight.

Still waiting on my flasher for the LED tails and light tabs for my fogs from Savvy.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.