Sobie's Golden Eagle build - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Sobie's Golden Eagle build

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO December Specials at Jeephut.com

Unread 04-26-2011, 11:16 AM   #16
tinyjeep
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sobie View Post
Looks like I'll be busy this weekend!
ohhh look like some one got visited by santa. its gonna be a busy busy week end

Unread 04-29-2011, 07:23 PM   #17
Sobie
Bolt-on Maniac

My Jeep is in the OR . Its sitting overnight at the auto hobby shop in pieces. The front is almost done. Just got a few things to wrap up. The rear hasn't been started yet. Tomorrow I should have a friend helping out though, today I was alone.

The shop is open 8 hours tomorrow and not open on Sunday. Hope I can finish it up!

Note to all: Installing a Currie lift kit is very involved for a bolt in kit. Plan for it to take a whole weekend.
Unread 04-29-2011, 11:05 PM   #18
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Looking forward to seeing it, after it's growth spurt.

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs
Derale Tranny Cooler DieHard Factor 55 Thimble Ten Factory Front Chromo Shafts

Get your build sheet here.
Jeffro06 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-01-2011, 02:41 AM   #19
Sobie
Bolt-on Maniac

I didn't take too many pictures yet. I've been pretty busy. Since 8pm Thursday (Midshift) I've only gotten 4 hours of sleep. I will be getting some more pictures though.

I know its dark, but here it is next to a stocker at the dorms.

Disclaimer: I only have 10 miles on this lift at speeds up to but not over 40.

So far it rides way better than the RC lift I had before. The rear is a little bouncy since I have a light *** and these are the heavy duty springs, I don't run a rear seat. It may smooth out in time and mileage.

I need to get some shock shifters for the rear since they are too close to the spring perch. I need to dial in my rear pinion angle. Also, I need to install the Antirock. Currently I have no sway bar although the lean is not bad at all compared to no sway bar with the RC lift (I tried it once to see how it felt).

The Currie steering with Savvy sway bar is tight and the "dead spot" in the center is gone. I have the toe set but I need to center the steering wheel better.

It sits nose high right now. I had .75" spacers in the front to level it out for the RC lift and it still sat *** high. Well now it sits .5" nose high from wheel to flare distance. So, I need to remove the spacers from the front.

I also need to install the longer brake lines I got. They will be fine as long as I don't do any flexing. That shouldn't be a problem since the biggest hill in this part of Kansas is a mole hill.

Looks like I have another days worth of work to bundle it all up. Its drivable now so I'll take care of it next weekend. I drive about 3 miles a day as long as I don't go off base. I'll drive a bare minimum this week to make sure Murphy's Law doesn't affect me. Plus I can always hitch a ride from someone.

Unread 05-01-2011, 09:49 AM   #20
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Looks good, throw a winch and new bumper on there and the front will leve out.

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs

Unread 05-06-2011, 05:13 PM   #21
Sobie
Bolt-on Maniac

Installed the Anti-Rock today. I set it to the loosest setting as most people do. It doesn't feel much different than being disconnected, but the new suspension doesn't have much body roll as is. Also got the longer brake lines installed. I went with 95 YJ lines, they are plenty long and it was a cheap solution. Once I go to Vanco brakes I'll get some SS lines.
Still need to install the steering stabilizer. I didn't have a bolt for the axle side. Also when it gets dark I need to adjust the headlights so I'm not blinding everyone. I'll try to get some pictures this evening.

Oh, working on the Jeep is so relaxing. I've been having trouble with sleeping and motivation to get out of bed the last few weeks, but since installing the lift last weekend I've been feeling great! Too bad its going to be a a few months till I get more parts. I can't wait to deploy in October and save up!
Unread 05-06-2011, 08:48 PM   #22
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

I run my Antirock in the second to last hole, which is where I've seen the most people run theirs. I haven't tried the last hole yet.

Oh, and how about some better pics?

Unread 05-06-2011, 09:45 PM   #23
Hendrix
TJOTY 2013

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Very nice
Hendrix is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-07-2011, 02:44 AM   #24
Sobie
Bolt-on Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffro06 View Post
I run my Antirock in the second to last hole, which is where I've seen the most people run theirs. I haven't tried the last hole yet.

Oh, and how about some better pics?
Going over bumps with the Antirock on the last setting is very smooth for the front, the rear kicks around a little harder than the front. This may be due to having heavy rated springs in the rear and a light rear. I may upgrade to the rear Antirock one day.
I was going to get some better pics this evening. But beer-thirty came around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendrix View Post
Very nice
Thanks! Its a never ending work in progress.
Unread 05-07-2011, 07:42 PM   #25
Sobie
Bolt-on Maniac

Snapped a pic earlier. That's my friend looking like a homo.
Unread 05-14-2011, 04:38 PM   #26
Sobie
Bolt-on Maniac

Installed the rear Currie trackbar yesterday. Also cut the exhaust off after the muffler and put a turn down on. Everything was just so tight under there and the exhaust was bashing against everything. It has a deeper slightly louder tone now.
While I was working I also adjusted the Antirock to the second to the last setting. It definitely feels better over bumps. I had it too loos before.

Looks like I wont be working on the Jeep for a while. I was scheduled to deploy in October, I found out yesterday that's changed to the end of June. We are pretty fortunate to only have 4 month deployments in my career field (Crew Chief), but we can go twice in a year too. I should come back with a decent amount of mod money!
Anyone have experience with Jeep covers?
Unread 05-14-2011, 09:11 PM   #27
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sobie View Post
Anyone have experience with Jeep covers?
What kind of cover? I have a trail cover, but not a complete jeep cover. If you don't have any place to keep it, inside, while you're gone rent a storage unit and lock it up.

Unread 05-14-2011, 10:44 PM   #28
Sobie
Bolt-on Maniac

I live on base and the Jeep will stay on base while I'm gone. I don't think I'll need a storage unit. Actually I was thinking about it and I feel it would be more secure on base than in a storage unit off base. I'm not saying there aren't bad people on base, but there are far more dirt bags off base.
I would like to cover it though. I just pray no crazy hail storm or tornadoes come when I'm gone. I'll have to take a trip through the local Wally-World and see what they have. I don't need anything fancy.
Unread 05-14-2011, 11:19 PM   #29
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

How about this one?

Unread 05-15-2011, 01:29 PM   #30
Sobie
Bolt-on Maniac

That one looks nice. I'm looking to spend a little less though hopefully. I have a cover for my bike from Wal-Mart that I've been happy with so I'd like to check them out. I don't need anything super deluxe. Just something that wont rip and is breathable.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.