Sobie's Golden Eagle build - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Sobie's Golden Eagle build

Trick Tabs - NalinMFG.comCCOR is your 1 stop source for everything Jeep!TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG

Unread 03-10-2011, 06:20 PM   #1
Sobie
Bolt-on Maniac

Sobie's Golden Eagle build

Bought this stock 2006 TJ in Dec. 08. It had only 16500 miles on it, it was like brand new. Here's how it sat the day I brought it home.

I made a few changes, added front and rear rampage bumpers. Later removed the front. Went wheeling stock for the most part.

Then put on a lift and some 35's in Dec. 09. It had around 45k miles on it at this time.

Don't have many newer pics, but its up to 62k miles and starting to get a rest. I live on base and drive 50 or so miles a week. Before I joined the Air Force, I was putting that on in a day easy if not more.
So now that things have settled, I'm spending less on gas, and have a job with a lot of TDY potential, I'll be building it up!

My current mods:

Rampage rear bumper and tire carrier
Rough County 3.25 lift and 1.25 BL
RC rocker protection
Undercover Fab belly skid
SYE and TW drive shaft
35" BFG AT's

Future Mods:

I've got the Currie 4" lift with Antirock as well as the Currie steering with Savvy tie rod on the way. (Thanks Gerald!)
I also ordered OME N66L and N67L shocks to go with it.
It will probably be towards the end of March or early April before I get around to installing it though.

In no particular order I'd like to get The arched Metalcloak fenders
Undercover Fab "Deep Cover" system with the ultra high clearance skid
4.88s and Vanco's brakes with Black Magic pads
Savvy body armor (bumpers, rockers, corners, etc.)
Bestop Halftop
Full soft doors for summer
And some other miscellaneous gee wizz gadgets

Wow I've got a long road ahead of me! Good thing I plan on keeping this thing forever.

Sobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-10-2011, 06:46 PM   #2
kt2007
1996 ZJ 

Sounds like things are coming along. Post us up some new pics.
kt2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-10-2011, 06:49 PM   #3
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

It's about time! I'm so subscribed to this, can't wait to see it grow up, you deserve it man.

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs
Derale Tranny Cooler DieHard Factor 55 Thimble Ten Factory Front Chromo Shafts

Get your build sheet here.
Jeffro06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-10-2011, 07:10 PM   #4
Sobie
Bolt-on Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by kt2007 View Post
Sounds like things are coming along. Post us up some new pics.
I'll take some before and after pics when I install the lift. Unfortunately I don't have too many pics with the 35's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffro06 View Post
It's about time! I'm so subscribed to this, can't wait to see it grow up, you deserve it man.
Thanks! This is probably going to be spread out over a few years before I'm finally done... with the big stuff. (When is a Jeep build ever done?)

Also, I plan on taking leave sometime this summer, I'll be in contact with yall about wheeling when I figure out the dates. Its been a year now since I've been. I'm starting to feel like a mall crawler.
Unread 03-10-2011, 07:13 PM   #5
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sobie View Post
Thanks! This is probably going to be spread out over a few years before I'm finally done... with the big stuff. (When is a Jeep build ever done?)

Also, I plan on taking leave sometime this summer, I'll be in contact with yall about wheeling when I figure out the dates. Its been a year now since I've been. I'm starting to feel like a mall crawler.
Mine will be spread out over several years as well....and may never actually be done either.

Looking forward to wheeling with you again this summer, hope our schedules work out.

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs

Unread 03-12-2011, 08:34 PM   #6
Ironwind1972
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Arrgh! You stole my title! Keep the pics coming.
Unread 03-13-2011, 08:21 AM   #7
kt2007
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Hey man you need to get with me I am up near Tuttle Creek ORV Park. I actually road with a group of guys from Wichita yesterday. Had a blast they drove up early Sat morn and was on the trails by 1000. Hit me up when your ready.
kt2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-13-2011, 08:37 AM   #8
Sobie
Bolt-on Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironwind1972 View Post
Arrgh! You stole my title! Keep the pics coming.
You got a nice eagle! White is my next favorite color.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kt2007 View Post
Hey man you need to get with me I am up near Tuttle Creek ORV Park. I actually road with a group of guys from Wichita yesterday. Had a blast they drove up early Sat morn and was on the trails by 1000. Hit me up when your ready.
Roger that. I work weekends through the month of march then I'll be back to a regular schedule in April. We'll have to set something up then.
Unread 03-13-2011, 10:03 AM   #9
2000BB6
2000 XJ Cherokee 

sexy golden eagle i wanted golden eagle ravines but couldnt find any around so i got the plain one booo
Unread 03-13-2011, 02:29 PM   #10
Ironwind1972
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
You got a nice eagle! White is my next favorite color.

Roger that. I work weekends through the month of march then I'll be back to a regular schedule in April. We'll have to set something up then.
Funny you say that, black would have been my next choice. I have seen ever color of golden eagles in person except for the black one. It's a keeper. Speaking of Wichita, my wife lived there when I met her, we are in the KC area now, count me in on the tuttle thing!
Unread 03-14-2011, 06:10 PM   #11
Sobie
Bolt-on Maniac

Got some parts today. OME N66L, N67L and the Currie steering system with Savvy tie rod.

The picture below shows just how big the Currie steering system is. Almost as big as a shock body! This thing is BEEF and pictures do it no justice.

Called Gerald at Savvy inquiring about my lift. He said Currie is finishing up building a batch of JJ and my lift should get dropped off for shipment sometime next week. No biggie since I won't be able to install till next month anyways.

BTW Savvy is a great business to deal with. Awsome discounts and even more awsome people.
Unread 03-14-2011, 06:22 PM   #12
DarK_Reaper
2013 JK Wrangler 

Why did you removed the front rampage bumper? Anything wrong with it?

I have the rear one and I was looking to get the matching front.

Awesome Jeep BTW, keep up the good work
DarK_Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-14-2011, 06:30 PM   #13
Sobie
Bolt-on Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarK_Reaper View Post
Why did you removed the front rampage bumper? Anything wrong with it?

I have the rear one and I was looking to get the matching front.

Awesome Jeep BTW, keep up the good work
It hangs pretty low in the front and I was always bashing the bottom edge against rocks before climbing over them or when trying to line up for a wall climb.
Overall it was a decent bumper. I didn't have any issues with it. I just decided to go a different route. I'd like to get something a little lighter in the future.
Unread 04-26-2011, 08:19 AM   #14
Sobie
Bolt-on Maniac

Looks like I'll be busy this weekend!

Unread 04-26-2011, 08:33 AM   #15
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Looks like I'll be busy this weekend!

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.