SOB, son of a beach 2000 XJ build - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > SOB, son of a beach 2000 XJ build

Warrior Products @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955Advance Adapters SYE KitsUCF Halloween Sale - 15% Off Until Midnight on Friday!

Unread 10-06-2014, 02:19 PM   #1
matt62485
1998 XJ Cherokee 

SOB, son of a beach 2000 XJ build

This is gonna be our lil beach buggy. This is my third XJ over the past several years. Before this one I had a 98, which was in a lil rougher shape than this one. My dad bought this one a while back strictly due to how clean and straight the body was/is on it... but it had the infamous 0331 cracked head. So it sat in his yard for some time... I wanted it. My bro-in-law wanted a jeep... and my dad wanted his AR-15... so we all swapped up and that's where we are now. Over the past 3 years I've tore it apart and it's sat sadly in my garage.

I put a new head on it from clearwater, cranked it up... misfire code. collapse lifter. so the motor came out and I've slowly been buying parts and waiting for a good time to work on it. We had a baby in 2012, so it wasn't a priority... now she is old enough to enjoy the beach I decided to make an effort to get thsi thing back on the road.

2000 XJ NP231 AW4

Blocks been machined .020, new master rebuild kit, water pump, head, etc etc etc. only thing re-used is the block, connecting and push rods and hardware/brackets/covers. i decided to sandblast some stuff while i had it off and paint the block and try to clean it up.

pictures below. i'm pretty much to the point of puttin the engine back in the bay.

heres a pic when i had it running (misfiring). retrofit projectors, so no hate!

Unread 10-06-2014, 02:22 PM   #2
matt62485
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Unread 10-07-2014, 08:00 AM   #3
matt62485
1998 XJ Cherokee 

gonna try to get it in tonight. on these 2000-01 models... what mounts where the coil wouldve went on the previous models on the passenger side of the block?
Unread 10-08-2014, 06:53 AM   #4
matt62485
1998 XJ Cherokee 

it played hell trying to get lined up to the bellhousing dowels and motor mounts collectively, but we got it in with some persistance. hope to crank it up this weekend.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.