Snafu's 06' LJ - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Snafu's 06' LJ

Thanksgiving holiday sale in effect @ oconeeoffroad.comRugged Ridge 8500lb Winch w/ Steel Cable $294.99 Shipped O2" Lift Kits for JK, TJ, XJ, WJ~$125.00 w/free shippi

Unread 03-25-2013, 07:30 PM   #46
TJRHD
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Is that a sahara lj?

Unread 03-25-2013, 07:48 PM   #47
bigsnafu

2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnight_f150 View Post
Will you be going with the full savvy UA or there modular UA kit?
Modular, I installed the MM, BL, and Novak shiffter in Jan. I've put a bunch of hints out to the family! The Wife is throwing me my 50th birthday party this weekend and all the kids are coming in for it. I have high hopes

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJRHD View Post
Is that a sahara lj?
No Sir, just a plain old LJ with a couple of little extras. I haven't been to Disney in a jeep. I stopped by once in my work truck just to look it over. Is it hard on tires? It looked like it would really tear them up.
Unread 03-25-2013, 07:51 PM   #48
TJRHD
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsnafu View Post
Modular, I installed the MM, BL, and Novak shiffter in Jan. I've put a bunch of hints out to the family! The Wife is throwing me my 50th birthday party this weekend and all the kids are coming in for it. I have high hopes

No Sir, just a plain old LJ with a couple of little extras. I haven't been to Disney in a jeep. I stopped by once in my work truck just to look it over. Is it hard on tires? It looked like it would really tear them up.
Yep, that granite or whatever it is really eats em up! Ask Bobby tanner how many miles he put on his sx's that day. LOL He has been running them for 3 years they said.
Unread 04-01-2013, 09:01 AM   #49
bigsnafu

2006 LJ Wrangler 

Had my 50th birthday party last weekend and my son was able to get a 4-day pass to come celebrate it with the family. After way too much scotch and cigars we woke up and decided to go up into the Ozark National forest for a little light trail running, remember the scotch the night before! We came out near Byrd’s Adventure Center near Cass AR and I remembered they had some trails on their property. Paid the fee, got a map, and headed into the woods. Of course I didn’t bring anything with us because we were just going for a light trail run in the national forest. Scotch has a habit of making me forget important things! First trail doesn’t seem so bad (son’s driving) until we rounded a corner and started up a nice little climb, nothing too bad until we rounded a tree that was hiding a very steep climb with a ledge that my little 33’s couldn’t get over. I have a winch and I’m not averse to pulling cable and it was too late to back out so the son gave it a try. When we hit the ledge and couldn’t get over it the son hops out and secures the jeep to a tree so the winching can start. After about 20ft the battery takes a dive and the jeep dies and we are in a lot of trouble. He hikes back to the main office and finds out we are the only vehicle in the park, no one can assist us, but they have a spare battery and jumper cables he can take it and see if that helps. He thought he got out of PT by coming to visit his old man! Cut to the chase spare battery didn’t help, not enough juice. So we moved the tree strap down 20ft to the next tree and slowly backed down the dead jeep using what I could get out of the brakes and parking brakes, and repeat, over and over again. Two hours later we are down and stop a truck to give us a jump and we are mobile again. Lesson learned, bad to run alone and always have your tools and spares on hand!

Only two pics, first is son heading off looking for help and the other is a pic of the jeep while waiting on son to return. Still, it was a great day. There is nothing in this world I would rather do then spend time with my kids, plus HE will remember this day for a loooonggg time! Hauling a battery 1/4 mile up a steep mountian and his a#$ was dragging!
nick_falls-023_2.jpg   nick_falls-026_2.jpg  
Unread 04-01-2013, 09:07 AM   #50
DetroitRodeo
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Love your LJ!
DetroitRodeo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-01-2013, 09:44 AM   #51
bigsnafu

2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitRodeo
Love your LJ!
Thanks! I'm really starting to enjoy it. My broke down jeep is on 38s, lockers, sbc, and was lots of fun. But this little sucker on 33's is a blast!!
Unread 04-01-2013, 12:47 PM   #52
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Sounds like its time to invest in a good agm battery . Wheeling alone is fine , but theres a lot more thought that goes into the process .
Unread 04-01-2013, 01:26 PM   #53
dayriesw
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Also, you might want to add a weight to the line when winching, just in case it breaks or snaps..

Jeep-Owner.com
LouisianaOffroad.com
dayriesw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-01-2013, 01:26 PM   #54
bigsnafu

2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by G Beasley View Post
Sounds like its time to invest in a good agm battery . Wheeling alone is fine , but theres a lot more thought that goes into the process .
I agree Greg! I think I'm going to pick up a Die Hard Platinum real soon. Is it really worthwhile to go with a dual battery set up? My son has an on-board Ready Wielder that I'm trying to talk him out of and I could see a benefit in 2 batteries, but just for everyday wheeling with some winching I don't think I need the dual setup.
Unread 04-01-2013, 02:17 PM   #55
dayriesw
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

No you really don't need a dual battery setup. Just one good one

Jeep-Owner.com
LouisianaOffroad.com
dayriesw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-01-2013, 02:41 PM   #56
bigsnafu

2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dayriesw View Post
Also, you might want to add a weight to the line when winching, just in case it breaks or snaps..
I know I should have but it is a synthetic rope. Still, I should have.

Quote:
Yep, I bought the jeep last year and just checked the date code on the battery and it is from 2006. Its definitely seen better days

Cheers!
Unread 04-01-2013, 02:59 PM   #57
midnight_f150
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Are you going with a diehard battery?
midnight_f150 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-01-2013, 03:22 PM   #58
bigsnafu

2006 LJ Wrangler 

Yes sir! Die hard platinum.
Unread 04-01-2013, 05:23 PM   #59
TJRHD
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I like rayovac!
Unread 04-01-2013, 06:18 PM   #60
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I agree , a dual battery setup is overkill for most of us . I am a big fan of my die hard platinum so far , and I think you will be happy with yours ... except for the price .

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.