Snafu's 06' LJ - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Snafu's 06' LJ

Huge Soft top SaleAdvance Adapters SYE KitsCurrie Antirock, Currectlync & Lift Kits on Sale!

Unread 01-20-2013, 03:06 PM   #16
bigsnafu

2006 LJ Wrangler 

Yes Sir, it does! But when The Wife's with me and she prefers warm over cold, then the hardtop it is! Mostly its the rear hatch that's noisy. I picked up a small insulated tube of foam for a small water pipe, cut it the same length as the tailgate and slid it on the top of it were it holds the rear hatch tight against itself. Really cut down on the noise.

Here's a few from our run on the Gorge.

1-19-13-video-003-0-00-16-24.jpg   1-19-13-video-005-0-03-01-58.jpg   1-19-13-video-005-0-05-24-56.jpg  
Unread 02-12-2013, 08:40 AM   #17
bigsnafu

2006 LJ Wrangler 

After the body and motor lift I've noticed a squeak form the ujoint on the steering shaft. So I installed one of these from M.O.R.E. to lift up the pillow block. The squeak is not as bad but its still there. Is there anything else I can do or is this just something I have to live with"?
_1262788918.jpg  
Unread 02-21-2013, 09:25 PM   #18
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsnafu View Post
After the body and motor lift I've noticed a squeak form the ujoint on the steering shaft. So I installed one of these from M.O.R.E. to lift up the pillow block. The squeak is not as bad but its still there. Is there anything else I can do or is this just something I have to live with"?
I dont have any noise from mine?
Unread 02-22-2013, 06:44 AM   #19
bigsnafu

2006 LJ Wrangler 

After I raising the pillow block the squeak went away a couple of days later. I hope that means 'all is well'!

I still have to adjust my Novak shifter. It will sometimes pop out of 4low. I'm trying to wait until I get around to fixing my spinning nutserts. It was H@# installing it with the skid still on
Unread 02-22-2013, 06:27 PM   #20
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
After I raising the pillow block the squeak went away a couple of days later. I hope that means 'all is well'!
I guess I was lucky that mine didnt make any noise after I put the body lift on .
Quote:
I still have to adjust my Novak shifter. It will sometimes pop out of 4low. I'm trying to wait until I get around to fixing my spinning nutserts. It was H@# installing it with the skid still on
I didnt enjoy installing my cable with the skid off , I cant imagine how bad it was with the skid on . The Novak shifter has been awesome , thankfully it has worked great since it was installed . Hopefully you will get yours dialed in soon . What route are you going to go to fix the nutserts ?
Unread 02-22-2013, 06:33 PM   #21
bigsnafu

2006 LJ Wrangler 

I'm going to get the 'MrBlain replacement set" then use a long pry-bar to put pressure on it will hitting it with an air hammer. If that won't do it then cut off the bad ones and grind the lips of the nutserts off and push them up into the frame. The new ones will get a little tack welded before the skid goes back on. I don't know any other way.,
Unread 02-22-2013, 06:43 PM   #22
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I'm going to get the 'MrBlain replacement set" then use a long pry-bar to put pressure on it will hitting it with an air hammer. If that won't do it then cut off the bad ones and grind the lips of the nutserts off and push them up into the frame. The new ones will get a little tack welded before the skid goes back on. I don't know any other way.,
I have seen a few people cut access holes Then theres the drill a small hole and weld the nut , or the grind and replace . If mine ever stick I think I will drill through the frame and put in a sleeve . Then I can through bolt the side panels on my under armor .
Unread 03-17-2013, 06:28 PM   #23
bigsnafu

2006 LJ Wrangler 

Spent Saturday in Hot Springs at Superlift with my club the Arkansas Crawlers. Started the day leading a group of JK's from Texas then spent the afternoon on Ultimate Adventure then finished up on Four Fingers. Both are a level 4 which scares me just a little. I absolutely enjoy running these trails but I know in the end somethings going to break and I'll have a hard time getting to work the next day..... what the heck!

I don't know what the h#$% happened on the last pic. I had my tires on both rocks but somehow they rolled under the jeep and then when I tried to get away from them my rear diff got hung up. First time being hi=centered with all 4 tires spinning, had to pull cable, again.
fun_run_3-16-2013-009.jpg   4f_3-16-2013-089.jpg   ua_3-16-2013-013.jpg   ua_3-16-2013-078.jpg   ua_wtf2_3-16-2013-051.jpg  

Unread 03-17-2013, 06:32 PM   #24
bigsnafu

2006 LJ Wrangler 

This is Matt from Texarkana in his little JK with 2O" Spydilocks w/38" Toyo's. I have a little tire envy and I'm not afraid to admit it.
4f_matt_3-16-2013-083.jpg   4f_matt_3-16-2013-084.jpg   4f_matt_3-16-2013-085.jpg   4f_matt_3-16-2013-086.jpg  
Unread 03-17-2013, 06:35 PM   #25
bigsnafu

2006 LJ Wrangler 

Here's some pics of the others in our group. Nothing serious was broken so that's a good day in my book.
ua_3-16-2013-015.jpg   ua_3-16-2013-022.jpg   ua_3-16-2013-044.jpg   ua_tony_3-16-2013-039.jpg   ua_tony_3-16-2013-067.jpg  

Unread 03-17-2013, 06:40 PM   #26
bigsnafu

2006 LJ Wrangler 

And lastly, The Wife winching a stuck JK. I have never been more attracted to her than I was watching her work that winch. I'm a lucky man

Next project is a Savvy flat tummy tuck. Even The Wife said I need it, at least I hope she meant the jeep and not me personally. After getting hung up a couple of times she brought the subject up.... if she only knew!
ua_judith_3-16-2013-048.jpg  
Unread 03-17-2013, 07:03 PM   #27
dayriesw
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Sweet wheeling area. Where is the gorge?

Jeep-Owners.com
LouisianaOffroad.com
dayriesw is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-17-2013, 08:23 PM   #28
midnight_f150
2002 TJ Wrangler 

I love your LJ Steve!! Thats a great picture of tony in his JK. Hate that I had to miss our club run this weekend. If I'm not working I would gladly lend a hand with the savvy skid install if you need any help with it.
midnight_f150 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-18-2013, 07:10 AM   #29
bigsnafu

2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dayriesw View Post
Sweet wheeling area. Where is the gorge?
We didn't make it on this run. The Texas JK group had it roped off for a timed event. I "heard" someone did it in 38sec. That's pretty dang fast considering these were not 'over the top' over-built rigs. Anyway after 4-fingers I was worn out!
Unread 03-23-2013, 05:38 PM   #30
bigsnafu

2006 LJ Wrangler 

Waterfalls

This morning The Wife and I met up with a couple of families from NE Arkansas to go on a little trial ride to look at some waterfalls. Robert (red TJ) and Jeff (dark blue TJ) took us north of Ozark on ‘The Pig Trail’ to Barnes Rd about 4 miles later and down an old logging trail we came up on this..
3-23-12-004.jpg  

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.