Slayer's LJ -
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Slayer's LJ

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! 97-06 TJ 4-6" long arm upgrade **DEALS AT ROCKRIDGE4WSmittybilt Seat Covers and Tailgate Cover

Unread 07-06-2015, 04:53 PM   #1
2005 LJ Wrangler 
Slayer's LJ

So after losing interest in building my old XJ, I decided to upgrade to an LJ. Took some time to find one I liked for a good price. Ended up taking home a blue LJ last November for 12k out the door.

Initial purchase

Here is how she sat when I first saw her:

I decided to wheel her right after I got her picked up!

Realizing so odds and ends needed to be done, I did all the basic maintenance. Fluids, spark plugs, filters, oil, etc, etc.

Now onto the fun stuff!

I gutted the headunit, speakers and speaker pods. Keeping the music up while roof-less is difficult!
  • Apline bluetooth headunit
  • Alpine power pack amp
  • Alpine 5.25 (Pods)
  • Alpine 5.25 dash
  • Dash adapter brackets

Next was installing a hidden CB with the Cobra 75WX mounting the unit under my glovebox, using a 3" firestick. Man CBs are so damn useful! I also threw on a Quadratech 9500i winch after realizing getting stuck would be no fun. Also did some other creature comforts like the daystar dash shelf thing, grab handles, and ripped out the carpet. Also I had to remove the 3rd brake light/tire carrier as it was worthless weight.

Post 42RLE

After fighting with the 42RLE in vain for months, I realized my regear and tires would probably have to hold off until I got that sorted...well...42RLE kept giving me issues (plus the normal OD sucks for highway). I ended up bumping up my plans for some mods!

I brought the Jeep to Globex down in Toms River, and got the following done:
  • NV3550 swap
  • 1" MML
  • 1.25 JKS Body lift
  • Undercover Fab Ultra High Clearance Skid
  • Front and Rear Adam's driveshafts
  • SYE

Before I brought it to them I rush installed my OME 2.5" lift to make sure I didn't have to rebuy driveshafts when I went to lift!

Here she is on the lift:

• Adjustable CAs (Rockmen or Currie)
  • 33/35s Goodyear Duratracs
  • Light alloy wheels 15x8
  • Detroit Trutracs Front and Rear
  • HP Dana 30 with C gussets
  • Chromolly shafts
  • Metalcoaks all around
  • Gas skid (still undecided)
  • Undercover Fab engine skid
  • Steering Skid
  • Rockmen aluminum drop tailgate
  • Tuffy full center console
  • JCF Offroad rear bumper (with receiver for dirt bike carrier)

slayer9019 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.