skyj eccentric build - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > skyj eccentric build

Even Better Heim Pricing! From RuffstuffSteering and more from Ruffstuff!The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit!

Unread 02-22-2013, 07:46 AM   #76
Louie4
Powah Injanir

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Looking good. I need some new booms like that for the rear. Mine are just too short.

I have a jeep...and it is modified...I win.

YJOTM July 2012
YJOTM February 2014

Louie4's YJ Build
Poison Spyder Fender Install
Warn M8000 Rebuild Adventure
University of Georgia
Louie4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-22-2013, 07:58 AM   #77
skyj
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louie4 View Post
Looking good. I need some new booms like that for the rear. Mine are just too short.
They are so cheap from besrk. $25 shipped to your door for one set. I got mine used from NHfireYj. We had a little mix up with the shipping cost and he made it all right, I can't say enough good things about him.
Unread 02-22-2013, 08:15 AM   #78
NHfireLJ
Jeeper Creeper

2005 LJ Wrangler 

No problem, Glad they could go to good use..
LUCY...2005 Unlimited "LJ" Rubicon Sahara #495

BETTY...94 SE, Stroker 4.6, 4.5,lift,35"s,D30 Aussie, 8.8. Sold

Hummer Intake
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/h...style-1257285/
NHfireLJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-22-2013, 08:30 PM   #79
Ravensane
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Not at all trying to hi-jack this thread but I'm wanting to do a soa and stretch with axle swap and all so I'm building a parts pile and my question is- should I do it all at once or is it best to just do one step at a time? Great build! Keep it coming!
Ravensane is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-22-2013, 10:02 PM   #80
soonermatt
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravensane View Post
Not at all trying to hi-jack this thread but I'm wanting to do a soa and stretch with axle swap and all so I'm building a parts pile and my question is- should I do it all at once or is it best to just do one step at a time? Great build! Keep it coming!
I'm always "loading up" for my next upgrade. Tomorrow it is front stretch stuff.
soonermatt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-22-2013, 11:25 PM   #81
skyj
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
To me it depends mostly on patients. My jeep is not my dd so I don't have to drive it to work I am lucky enough to work for a company who gives me a truck to drive. Hell my jeeps been sitting in my garage since Christmas.
Financially I can't buy all the parts I need at once so I try to do things in stages, but not do them over twice. Like when I did my SYE I decided to stretch with waggy springs so I wouldn't have to have two rear driveshafts built my jeep sat for a few months while I patiently collected the parts.
There are some things you can do in stages just make sure you have a solid plan so you don't have to redo it later. If there is one thing I hate is to have to do things twice. It depends on the person I'm a patient kind of person I don't buy it unless I've looked around and am sure I'm getting it for a fair price. Since I don't rely on it to get me to work everyday I can be this way.
What do you plan to do with your jeep what kind of terrain do you run in rocks, mud, logging roads ,mall crawler. Don't just do SOA because that what the kool kids are do'in you've got to be yourself do some research lurk for awhile check out lots of build threads and see what is working for those guys in the kind of terrain you run in.
Unread 02-23-2013, 03:53 PM   #82
Ravensane
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Well like you I also have a company supplied work van but unlike you I don't want to be without my baby for weeks. I do have patience but I guess not that much. I have a few quarries round here, with logging roads, and we got a fairly decent mud pit playground area, but with some malls (mainly flea-bitten-markets) in between along with a couple where-in-the-great-heavens did the path to the fishin' hole go. I have been lurking and trying to read as many builds as I can to get a feel for what all is going to be involved in this build which in itself is a teaser since every build is different! Thanks for the advice though, I'll keep reading and listing and inventorying parts.
Unread 02-24-2013, 08:46 AM   #83
skyj
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Well like you I also have a company supplied work van but unlike you I don't want to be without my baby for weeks. I do have patience but I guess not that much. I have a few quarries round here, with logging roads, and we got a fairly decent mud pit playground area, but with some malls (mainly flea-bitten-markets) in between along with a couple where-in-the-great-heavens did the path to the fishin' hole go. I have been lurking and trying to read as many builds as I can to get a feel for what all is going to be involved in this build which in itself is a teaser since every build is different! Thanks for the advice though, I'll keep reading and listing and inventorying parts.
My patients comes with having kids, they come first! Infact last night I was planning on working on the jeep after I got my middle son to sleep, while my wife put the baby to bed. Well at 11:30pm my wife comes and wakes me up in my sons bed and asks if I could come and sleep in my own bed. lol I had fallen asleep reading him a story. Oh well may be able to work it today.
Unread 02-24-2013, 11:32 AM   #84
Ravensane
1990 YJ Wrangler 

That's funny only because my kids are the ones impatient with the jeep! If it's down for more than two days I'm getting chewed out like I took away their favorite toy. And if you've ever tried to reason with kids you might as well Thanks again for the advise now- get back to building!!!
Unread 02-25-2013, 10:56 PM   #85
skyj
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Well after installing my timing cover I messed around with grill placement again. What say Ye jf rake or no rake?? I'm leaning towards no rake myself also wondering is there is enough adjustment in the headlights bezels to get them to point straight.

No rake, white line on winch plate indicates how far forward the rake sits.
forumrunner_20130225_215435.jpg

10* Rake
forumrunner_20130225_215357.jpg
Unread 02-25-2013, 11:58 PM   #86
zte87
2.5 POWER!

1993 YJ Wrangler 

I vote no rake!
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/m...build-1272253/

94 jeep zj bb lift, 31-10.50-15 toyo at2s, magnaflow exhaust!
zte87 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-26-2013, 01:04 AM   #87
Michaelgoesrawr
Web Wheeler

1988 YJ Wrangler 

I like the rake a lot.
Unread 02-26-2013, 06:20 AM   #88
grandboost98
1989 YJ Wrangler 

I think the rake is pretty cool/unique lookin and its more functional, not that that matters in a crawler lol
98 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP - too many mods to list::SOLD::
grandboost98 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-26-2013, 07:10 AM   #89
NHfireLJ
Jeeper Creeper

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Reverese Rake?
LUCY...2005 Unlimited "LJ" Rubicon Sahara #495

BETTY...94 SE, Stroker 4.6, 4.5,lift,35"s,D30 Aussie, 8.8. Sold

Hummer Intake
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/h...style-1257285/
NHfireLJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-26-2013, 10:15 AM   #90
Ravensane
1990 YJ Wrangler 

I vote rake as long as you have enough room for your winch and can adjust your headlights. Looks cool and custom!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.