skyj eccentric build - Page 59 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > skyj eccentric build

Bead Lock Wheels! Raceline, Trail Ready, & Trail-GearUCF Black Friday SaleLOCKERS!!!! - ARB, Auburn, Detroit, Eaton, OX, Spartan, Yu

Unread 07-23-2014, 10:59 AM   #871
Randonexplosion
Trailer Queen

1988 YJ Wrangler 

Hey SkyJ, can you post some pics of your rear shock setup? I know you built your own relocation brackets like the M.O.R.E.s that I have. Was the trackbar bracket in the way? I need to start working on mine. I was tossing around the idea of outboarding but I don't want to hack up my frame if I am going to be changing things in the near future.

August YJOTM

Exiled Offroad - Colorado
Randonexplosion is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-23-2014, 02:25 PM   #872
skyj
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randonexplosion View Post
Hey SkyJ, can you post some pics of your rear shock setup? I know you built your own relocation brackets like the M.O.R.E.s that I have. Was the trackbar bracket in the way? I need to start working on mine. I was tossing around the idea of outboarding but I don't want to hack up my frame if I am going to be changing things in the near future.
Sure thing buddy. Not the best setup but it works for me.
Its close to the track bar bracket but doesn't hit.
I have to run at least a 1" body lift for these since they stick up a few inches.

Unread 07-23-2014, 03:11 PM   #873
Randonexplosion
Trailer Queen

1988 YJ Wrangler 

Cool thanks man. I think I'll flip mine around and measure for new 5100s. If I have the energy I'll cut that damn track bar bracket off too.

August YJOTM

Exiled Offroad - Colorado
Randonexplosion is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-26-2014, 07:44 PM   #874
skyj
1990 YJ Wrangler 

The jeep has officially claimed its spot at the new house.

Now I'm going to sit back with a cold one and enjoy the view from my new back yard.
Unread 07-26-2014, 08:00 PM   #875
daddyjeep87
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Cheers. I'll have one with you...from 3500 miles away.
daddyjeep87 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-27-2014, 12:08 AM   #876
SH00T3R
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Right on! Congrats!

Are you leaving the front fenders off for cooling reasons??

”When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you’ll be successful.”
SH00T3R is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-27-2014, 01:39 AM   #877
skyj
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by daddyjeep87 View Post
Cheers. I'll have one with you...from 3500 miles away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SH00T3R View Post
Right on! Congrats!

Are you leaving the front fenders off for cooling reasons??
Yes and no lol I was being lazy after the swap then I finally put them on only to develop a massive leak at the valve covers so pulled them off again then I accidentally packed the bolts/hardware to install them again in with the garage stuff during the move, but it does run a tad cooler without them. Now the new plan is to build a new low profile winch mount to sink that huge winch down between the frame rails to allow maximum air flow so I will eventually get around to getting them back on hahaha! Kinda like my blue hood its been that way for over a year now. Sorry I've got ADHD
Unread 08-07-2014, 05:11 PM   #878
skyj
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Wow that was a long two weeks!! finally got internet again!! All moved into the house and slowly unloading and organizing the garage still got lots to do but have a good plan in my noggin how I want the garage. We are remodeling some offices at work so I'm gonna snag some nice cabinets and counter tops for my shop and set up my jeep garage. I have big plans for the jeep namley a sunkin winch mount and tube fenders got to get my 35's mounted on my wheels stay tuned its about to get fun again. of course still on a slim budget.
Unread 08-10-2014, 06:25 PM   #879
skyj
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Got the new meats all mounted. Wrestled with one tire for almost an hour to try and get it to seat the bead.Then I taught my boys the ol starter fluid trick to seat the bead it worked like a charm wished I would have done it sooner. Most tires only needed about .75 oz weight to balance, but one took 5.75 oz to balance.

Unread 08-10-2014, 06:37 PM   #880
Louie4
Powah Injanir

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Nice. I'm interested to see how you sink your winch in between the frame. I may need to do the same thing. Mine is blocking some much needed airflow.

I have a jeep...and it is modified...I win.

YJOTM July 2012
YJOTM February 2014

Louie4's YJ Build
Poison Spyder Fender Install
Warn M8000 Rebuild Adventure
University of Georgia
Louie4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-10-2014, 06:41 PM   #881
skyj
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louie4 View Post
Nice. I'm interested to see how you sink your winch in between the frame. I may need to do the same thing. Mine is blocking some much needed airflow.
The good news is we both run an upright winch that bolt to the front not underneath and they will fit nicely between the frame without steering box interference. That is my next project first I have to run some wire for a plug for my welder my breaker box in the garage is full so I will have to run the wire all the way from the meter base on the opposite side of the house so it wont be cheap $$.
Unread 08-11-2014, 12:45 PM   #882
HaskiE
Web Wheeler

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyj View Post
Got the new meats all mounted. Wrestled with one tire for almost an hour to try and get it to seat the bead.Then I taught my boys the ol starter fluid trick to seat the bead it worked like a charm wished I would have done it sooner. Most tires only needed about .75 oz weight to balance, but one took 5.75 oz to balance.

nice tires!!

The balance weights - are those the normal exterior kind? balanced via machine? did you do that at home too???

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyj View Post
The good news is we both run an upright winch that bolt to the front not underneath and they will fit nicely between the frame without steering box interference. That is my next project first I have to run some wire for a plug for my welder my breaker box in the garage is full so I will have to run the wire all the way from the meter base on the opposite side of the house so it wont be cheap $$.
ouch, goodluck!! that sounds like a PIA. run 2, then if you need it later, it's already done!! I had to run a normal 120 over my father-in-law's bedroom, groundfloor/basement apt, plaster ceiling. that SUCKED! and I'm gonna have to do it... AGAIN! ugh!
#theneverendingaxe
HaskiE is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-11-2014, 03:54 PM   #883
skyj
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaskiE View Post

nice tires!!

The balance weights - are those the normal exterior kind? balanced via machine? did you do that at home too???

ouch, goodluck!! that sounds like a PIA. run 2, then if you need it later, it's already done!! I had to run a normal 120 over my father-in-law's bedroom, groundfloor/basement apt, plaster ceiling. that SUCKED! and I'm gonna have to do it... AGAIN! ugh!
Yes I used a machine to check my balance then Hammered them on where it told me too. My FIL works at a dealership so I can use their equipment as long as he is there to supervise.
It wont be to hard to run a wire from meter base to garage. I got a nice crawlspace and it attaches to the garage so just drill some holes and run wire pretty simple just a long distance.
Unread 08-11-2014, 05:00 PM   #884
The_Goob
Hell on Wheels

1991 YJ Wrangler 

I feel ya on that. My garage is 75-100' from the house and has no box. there is just a 12g wire trenched out there from a 20a breaker in the house. I wish I knew how to put bigger service out there for 220, or at least have the breaker out there so I dont have to walk so far when it trips :O
Unread 08-11-2014, 06:19 PM   #885
skyj
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Flexed it out in the ditch at the new place. I must say these tires are a perfect fit and so comfy cruising down the road. No vibes at all up to 85 I even had a vibe at 70 with my bfg's I always thought it was a driveline vibe but smooth as silk with these. I'm stoked!! goin wheeling on the 23rd.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.