skyj eccentric build - Page 37 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > skyj eccentric build

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits BLACK FRIDAY SPECIALS!! You asked, we deliver!Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 01-25-2014, 10:56 AM   #541
skyj
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michaelgoesrawr View Post
Not sure if you tackled the VSS yet but when I bought one from the jags, place for my Howell kit, he said it doesn't matter how it's connected because it's just the two wires.

A whole different animal but maybe it would help.
Thanks yea I did a little research and maybe it will help you too the VSS SC108 or any vss out of a early 90's dodge truck will work with my setup and your howell kit. The three wire VSS is basically for an auto I just need to cut the white/black wire 8v and eliminate it from the plug. The problem I'm having is finding the pigtail for a two wire setup no junk yards around here have wranglers or manual trans. dodge trucks with the two wire plug so I'm s.o.l. till I can find something.

I hope to have it running today once I know it runs I will hook up the coolant lines and put the hood and grill back on and take her for a drive

Unread 01-25-2014, 11:09 AM   #542
Michaelgoesrawr
Web Wheeler

1988 YJ Wrangler 

Alright. Ill remember that.

You think a weather pack would work? Maybe you could splice one into the factory harness?
Unread 01-25-2014, 11:23 AM   #543
skyj
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michaelgoesrawr View Post
Alright. Ill remember that.

You think a weather pack would work? Maybe you could splice one into the factory harness?
Actually I just checked all the auto parts stores and believe it or not Napa has one in Stock for $23.89 part # ECH EC165
http://m.napaonline.com/parts/PartsL...px?k=ech+ec165.
Not really what I wanted to spend but hey I need it so my hands are tied
Unread 01-25-2014, 04:01 PM   #544
skyj
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Wohoo it cranks over!!! But thats it. Im not getting any fuel or spark. Im getting power to the relay and pcm but from there nothing. Im completly lost!!! Im not sure I got the auto shutdown replay hooked up correctly but when we ground out the pin in the pcm we get the fuel pump to run. So somewhere we are losing a ground in the pcm. Maybe the pcm is shot I dunno I wish I had another to test it all. Any help would be great. I need a beer and I dont even drink!!
Unread 01-26-2014, 07:31 PM   #545
skyj
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Wohoo for real this time!! I got the wiring fixed. A complete brain fart on my part I needed to wire the ignition "hot" into pin 9 on the pcm along with the asd relay wire I had it hooked to the wrong side of the relay so the pcm was never really getting power. Im glad I figured out my mistake and now can focus on getting everything buttoned back up. I got spark and fuel now!! But now a huge fuel leak at the Schrader valve at the fuel rail it was spraying fuel everywhere just glad I noticed it before I tried starting it. I will post up a starting video hopefully tomorrow when I get my fuel leak fixed. And hopefully a detailed wire diagram of how to hook up this motor to my jeep, cause it really was simple really only needed like five wires for it to run. Now to hook up my gauges and vss.
Unread 01-26-2014, 08:12 PM   #546
daddyjeep87
1987 YJ Wrangler 

I knew you would get her going before I did. I changed my focus a bit because I got some new goodies to work with. Glad you got her at least running.
daddyjeep87 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-26-2014, 08:42 PM   #547
skyj
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by daddyjeep87 View Post
I knew you would get her going before I did. I changed my focus a bit because I got some new goodies to work with. Glad you got her at least running.
Dont jinx me now! I dont have it running yet I just got fuel and spark. Lol I should have it running tomorrow. Thanks for the confidence.
Unread 01-27-2014, 12:04 PM   #548
HaskiE
Web Wheeler

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyj View Post
Wohoo for real this time!! I got the wiring fixed. A complete brain fart on my part I needed to wire the ignition "hot" into pin 9 on the pcm along with the asd relay wire I had it hooked to the wrong side of the relay so the pcm was never really getting power. Im glad I figured out my mistake and now can focus on getting everything buttoned back up. I got spark and fuel now!! But now a huge fuel leak at the Schrader valve at the fuel rail it was spraying fuel everywhere just glad I noticed it before I tried starting it. I will post up a starting video hopefully tomorrow when I get my fuel leak fixed. And hopefully a detailed wire diagram of how to hook up this motor to my jeep, cause it really was simple really only needed like five wires for it to run. Now to hook up my gauges and vss.
Congrats man! cant wait to see more pictures
#theneverendingaxe
HaskiE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-27-2014, 01:37 PM   #549
skyj
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaskiE View Post

Congrats man! cant wait to see more pictures
Im pretty stoked!! I went to the junk yard to gather the last bits to make my VSS work with my speedo cable. The SC108 VSS I got needs an adapter to fit the threads to the cable. Well I happened to find a post where a guy found a threaded adapter off of a XJ. Its up under the dash and connects to the cruise control unit, and Speedo cable that comes through the firewall just above the gas pedal. Sure enough I found one in the yard and also found a XJ with a manual trans for my VSS pigtail for a two wire setup.

When I got back to the desk to pay for it all the old man (who owns it) was grumpy and started trying to rip me off, he told me all of the local junk yards around here are crushing their cars and going out of business, so he will "basically own the market" and he is raising his prices. He tried to charge me $10 a piece for my parts, so I talked to him and told him I've been coming here for years and the reason is because they have always treated me right and gave me a good deal. Well it must of paid off cause I walked out of there only paying $5 total for my stuff.

From now on I will only deal with the guy (his son-inlaw) who usually runs the yard, today he was out trying to buy as many cars from the yards crushing them as he could. I agree with the old man its sad to see classics getting crushed and turned into priuses
Unread 01-27-2014, 05:12 PM   #550
skyj
1990 YJ Wrangler 

she's alive Muwahaha!!
click on pic to see video.
Unread 01-27-2014, 05:45 PM   #551
soonermatt
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
she's alive Muwahaha!!
click on pic to see video.
Great job! I'm dreaming of the first time that V8 starts in my garage. It will probably be at 11pm with no mufflers and piss of my HOA.

What a feeling. Now it will be fun to bark the tires.
soonermatt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-27-2014, 05:54 PM   #552
Randonexplosion
Trailer Queen

1988 YJ Wrangler 

Congratulations man! That was a sweet little thumbsup

Its an awesome feeling. I still get half chub when I start mine.

August YJOTM

Exiled Offroad - Colorado
Randonexplosion is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-27-2014, 06:18 PM   #553
skyj
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randonexplosion View Post
Congratulations man! That was a sweet little thumbsup

Its an awesome feeling. I still get half chub when I start mine.
I know I'm a dork I called the wife on the way home from work and said meet me in the garage with the camera.
Unread 01-27-2014, 06:26 PM   #554
Louie4
Powah Injanir

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I know I'm a dork I called the wife on the way home from work and said meet me in the garage with the camera.
No you're not...you're a man and you were making sure you're wife knew it.

Great job!

I have a jeep...and it is modified...I win.

YJOTM July 2012
YJOTM February 2014

Louie4's YJ Build
Poison Spyder Fender Install
Warn M8000 Rebuild Adventure
University of Georgia
Louie4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-27-2014, 09:23 PM   #555
skyj
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louie4 View Post

No you're not...you're a man and you were making sure you're wife knew it.

Great job!
Haha thanks man!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.