skyj eccentric build - Page 25 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > skyj eccentric build

New jk doors from steinjagerEliminate Hood Flutter!!!Thursday Savings Blast

Unread 10-07-2013, 07:03 AM   #361
skyj
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michaelgoesrawr View Post
Wow man. Good job on the bed.
Thanks

Unread 10-09-2013, 02:27 PM   #362
skyj
1990 YJ Wrangler 

I just got a call My guy found me a bellhousing wohoo!! A little more than I wanted to spend but oh well, at least I dont have to pull it. Its all cleaned up and out of the truck. One more step closer to the v8 swap pics to come its still a few days out. Hopefully I can sell my bellhousing to cover the cost of this one. Anybody looking for an external slave ax15 bellhousing??
Unread 10-09-2013, 02:43 PM   #363
Randonexplosion
Trailer Queen

1988 YJ Wrangler 

I'm excited to see you get started on the swap. I wish I would have had most of my parts together before i started, by the end I was just waiting on parts to come in. Good job man! the power is worth it

August YJOTM

Exiled Offroad - Colorado
Randonexplosion is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-09-2013, 02:55 PM   #364
skyj
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randonexplosion View Post
I'm excited to see you get started on the swap. I wish I would have had most of my parts together before i started, by the end I was just waiting on parts to come in. Good job man! the power is worth it
Thanks man yeah I want as little down time as I can get with this swap. Its killing me how slowly I'm gathering parts and nothing I'm trying to sell,to recoup costs is selling, Montana isnt prime country for selling used jeep parts. I need to free up some space in my shop.
Unread 10-09-2013, 03:05 PM   #365
Randonexplosion
Trailer Queen

1988 YJ Wrangler 

You don't have to get your ecm programmed right? Since you are doing your own harness you will be pretty far ahead. I was at a standstill for over a week just waiting on my harness and ecm to be returned so I could move on. Take plenty of pics!

August YJOTM

Unread 10-09-2013, 03:09 PM   #366
Randonexplosion
Trailer Queen

1988 YJ Wrangler 

I hear you on trying to sell parts. This is how the donor truck looks 10 months later. Except its not on jackstands anymore, I had to move it to re roof my grandmas garage.

1381352982802.jpg

August YJOTM

Unread 10-09-2013, 04:17 PM   #367
skyj
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
You don't have to get your ecm programmed right? Since you are doing your own harness you will be pretty far ahead. I was at a standstill for over a week just waiting on my harness and ecm to be returned so I could move on. Take plenty of pics!
Yea since my jeep is carb I dont have an ecm so I'm not sure its going to be any easier, I will take lots of pics. I have located an ecm at a local salvage yard but it is for a auto. From all of my research and hearsay since I'm stayin obd1 I should be able to use it which is good since he only wants $50 for it. I just want to do a little more research before I pull the trigger on it and make absolute sure I can use an auto ecu. If not ebay has plenty of manual ones for $100-150 or car-part.com too.
My Cherokee parts rig looked like your truck when I was done selling parts and then I scrapped it and got a measly $30 for it. Lol
Unread 10-09-2013, 04:43 PM   #368
Randonexplosion
Trailer Queen

1988 YJ Wrangler 

Actually you do have one, it is behind the glovebox. I didn't know I had one until I was trying to find a place to mount my GM one.

But I was talking about not needing to tune the 5.2 ecm like I had to.

August YJOTM

Unread 10-10-2013, 08:40 AM   #369
skyj
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Actually you do have one, it is behind the glovebox. I didn't know I had one until I was trying to find a place to mount my GM one.

But I was talking about not needing to tune the 5.2 ecm like I had to.
Actually all that stuff was removed when it was "nuttered" all it has now is just the basics needed to run. Quit simple system, but the PO did it and sort of made a rats nest of the wiring, so I have to deal with wire nuts and porely done butt crimp connectors. Nothing was heat shrinked or water proofed. Oddly enough I've never had an electrical problem with it.

You are correct about not needing to program the ecm though as far as I have been informed all I need to do is get the wiring right and I should be good to go.
Unread 10-10-2013, 11:34 AM   #370
Randonexplosion
Trailer Queen

1988 YJ Wrangler 

Oh ok. My winter project is to strip all of my unneeded wiring from the old system and tidy up my new stuff. Do you still have the diagnostic ports by the battery or did they get pulled with everything else?

August YJOTM

Unread 10-18-2013, 12:21 AM   #371
skyj
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Well my bellhousing came in the sad news is its about 50 miles away at a drivetrain shop in a little town I frequently visit for work. I wont be making a trip over there for another week or so.
Been chipping away at other projects in the garage, the bed is nearing completion just some more sanding and need to let the wifey pick a stain color.

She hasn't seen it yet so I will leave it assembled like this in the garage tonight and tomorrow on our anniversary I will ask her to go get something out in the garage for me. Its been hard hiding this thing from her she has thought this whole time the tarp was covering my V8 lol !! good night all I'm finally going to get some good sleep.
Unread 10-18-2013, 01:56 PM   #372
skyj
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Well on Friday's I normally hate service calls, buuuutt when its in the town that my bellhousing is in I wont complain, and just when I was finishing up my lunch break the boss called and said why dont you take the rest of the day off for your anniversary. As if this day couldn't get any better!

Unread 10-18-2013, 02:00 PM   #373
Randonexplosion
Trailer Queen

1988 YJ Wrangler 

That worked out well! Congrats on the bellhousing and your anniversary!

August YJOTM

Unread 10-18-2013, 04:30 PM   #374
SH00T3R
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Sounds like a awesome day to me! Congrats

”When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you’ll be successful.”
SH00T3R is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-18-2013, 04:53 PM   #375
skyj
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SH00T3R View Post
Sounds like a awesome day to me! Congrats
Thanks fellas! tis been a good day indeed. I see you got a bellhousing too good work buddy.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.