skyj eccentric build - Page 22 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > skyj eccentric build

ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wJeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at BaselinRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all

Unread 09-15-2013, 07:15 PM   #316
SH00T3R
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyj View Post
Thanks bud I was beginning to think people quit reading my thread. Here is the new to me motor. I Plan to open it up and see how things look amd if she checks out I will button it back up and start the swap not a bad deal for only $150 just need bellhousing and computer for a manual, a in tank fuel pump and a **** ton of other things I plan to make my own motor mounts like moparfreak did.
Heres to a fun fall of wrenching!!
Subd up! Great build so far!

”When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you’ll be successful.”
SH00T3R is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-15-2013, 07:17 PM   #317
Sparrows
It's coming...

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:

Thanks bud I was beginning to think people quit reading my thread. Here is the new to me motor. I Plan to open it up and see how things look amd if she checks out I will button it back up and start the swap not a bad deal for only $150 just need bellhousing and computer for a manual, a in tank fuel pump and a **** ton of other things I plan to make my own motor mounts like moparfreak did.
Heres to a fun fall of wrenching!!
Nice! I've been following along for quite a while, just never remembered to sub it.

You may want to PM MoparFreak and ask him about his mounts. When he was showing me his rig last week, he mentioned breaking a couple of his first ones and I don't think his build reflects his updated design. He's an awesome guy and super knowledgeable and rad.

Anyways, looks like me, you, and shooter will all be doing swaps around the same time. I will be looking for a suitable motor next month....

Cheers !
Sparrows is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-15-2013, 10:45 PM   #318
skyj
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrows View Post

Nice! I've been following along for quite a while, just never remembered to sub it.

You may want to PM MoparFreak and ask him about his mounts. When he was showing me his rig last week, he mentioned breaking a couple of his first ones and I don't think his build reflects his updated design. He's an awesome guy and super knowledgeable and rad.

Anyways, looks like me, you, and shooter will all be doing swaps around the same time. I will be looking for a suitable motor next month....

Cheers !
Yeah congrats dude on the new purchase im going to be taking my time with this swap. I read almost every night searching and studying this I hope it will go smoothly with very few hiccups.
The scrap yards around here suck and the only mopar guy in town is a huge dilweed we exchanged a few words last week when I tried to explain the swap to him and he just kept telling me I didnt know what I was getting myself into. This isnt my first rodeo so wont be going back there again what an arrogant prick!!
If I didnt have craigslist I would be sol. Im finding not a lot of dodge rams find there way in to scrap yards and if the do its an automatic.
This motor came with a pretty well intact wire harness minus the computer, I already removed the valve covers and watched the rockers move as I turned it over, other than some carbon build up this motor is pretty clean. I will remove the oil pan and check crank and rods too before I bolt this baby between the frame rails and fire her up.
Unread 09-16-2013, 05:53 PM   #319
skyj
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Stayed home sick from work today, so I did lots of research and inbetween sleeping and letting my body rest to get over this cold. I made a parts list for my swap im sure it will grow a lot more but hey its a start. Here is what I got so far.
Hard to read I know, it will get put down on the computer soon maybe even a spreadsheet haha
Unread 09-16-2013, 07:04 PM   #320
soonermatt
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Stayed home sick from work today, so I did lots of research and inbetween sleeping and letting my body rest to get over this cold. I made a parts list for my swap im sure it will grow a lot more but hey its a start. Here is what I got so far.
Hard to read I know, it will get put down on the computer soon maybe even a spreadsheet haha
This all seems so simple right now. You're making me want to consider a summer project...
soonermatt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-16-2013, 08:46 PM   #321
SH00T3R
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:

I like it, gives me a good idea also. ill piece mine together and compare it.

”When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you’ll be successful.”
SH00T3R is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-17-2013, 12:29 PM   #322
ldso
abidin'

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I have similar lists from the tranny swap and the axle swap haha V8 power is gonna be sweet man!

Do you still like the rear Detroit/ open front? I haven't really been tempted to lock the front since I set mine up that way.

Just got 220v set up for my stick welder, I need to get going on some fab. Like your bumpers man

Actually, it's pronounced "mill-e-wah-que" which is Algonquin for "the good land."
ldso is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-17-2013, 01:02 PM   #323
skyj
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldso View Post

I have similar lists from the tranny swap and the axle swap haha V8 power is gonna be sweet man!

Do you still like the rear Detroit/ open front? I haven't really been tempted to lock the front since I set mine up that way.

Just got 220v set up for my stick welder, I need to get going on some fab. Like your bumpers man
I have been really pleased with the Detroit and open front not many trails around me that require a locker front and rear. Most guys in my group run spartan lockers in the front. The only time it bite me in the butt with having the Detroit is snow wheeling a selectable locker is so much better in the snow. With that said I do eventually want to lock the front but wont until I get some more beef up front. I love the way my jeep performs now, just cant wait for that extra grunt from the V8.
Thanks for the compliments on the bumpers I made both from scratch. I may have to rethink the front since this v8 will probably want more air to breath. Im seriously thinking a sunkin winch mount between the frame rails.
Unread 09-18-2013, 04:19 PM   #324
skyj
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Started pulling the wire harness and labeling everything so I can remember where it came from and where it goes back. I need to start studying the harness and how I need to wire it with my jeep harness.

As soon as I get this harness off I will start cleaning the motor up check everything and make sure its good to go in as is, or if its going to need a rebuild. Fingers crossed its in good shape.
Unread 09-18-2013, 11:28 PM   #325
skyj
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Got the harness completely off and labeled, some plugs were already disconnected but I have some good ideas what they go to. It went fairly easy

The PO did cut these wires he said its where they went into the firewall. Hopefully he didnt hack something I needed ha ha

Started removing some crap so I can get in there and clean it a/c compressor off, alt off, and associated brackets. Im done for the night.

I got to clean up my work space,what a dump!! Then get the 4.0 off my engine stand and get this pig bolted up so I can do a compression test then drop pan and check rod and main bearings. Wohoo!! Im making progress.
Unread 09-19-2013, 06:46 AM   #326
schaef89
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Sky, were you planning a 4.0 swap before landing on the 5.2?
schaef89 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-19-2013, 07:54 AM   #327
skyj
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by schaef89 View Post
Sky, were you planning a 4.0 swap before landing on the 5.2?
Sort of, I was torn between just doing fuel injection since I swapped on the 4.0 head already or doing a stroker since I have both 4.0 and 4.2 sitting around taking up space in my garage. I got both motors and a complete '93 cherokee for free a few years back off an ad on craigslist so I'm selling off all this stuff to try and make my 5.2 swap as cheap as possible. The only thing that was holding me back from doing the 4.0 swap before was the fact that the mc2100 carb worked so good, but now I get all giddy when I think about a fuel injected v8.
Unread 09-19-2013, 11:35 PM   #328
skyj
1990 YJ Wrangler 

I spent the night degreasing and cleaning up my motor and shop I think I will take the day off of work tomorrow and hit the garage an clean and organize it without any interruptions from wife and kids. Then I will feel comfortable carrying on with this swap.
Its pretty greasy
Unread 09-20-2013, 09:30 AM   #329
bmgadg
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyj
The PO did cut these wires he said its where they went into the firewall. Hopefully he didnt hack something I needed ha ha
That's the wires you're going to identify and label. They will be spliced into the corresponding wires on the yj bulkhead.

My YJ Build Thread Magnum 5.9L 360, full width SOA
bmgadg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-20-2013, 09:40 AM   #330
skyj
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmgadg View Post

That's the wires you're going to identify and label. They will be spliced into the corresponding wires on the yj bulkhead.
Sweet thanks. I need a schematic of a '93 grand cherokee and hopefully I can identify where they go. Does anybody know where to get these?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.