Sir Winston's "Built" Thread - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Sir Winston's "Built" Thread

Brand New! Quadratec LED Headlights!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 03-23-2012, 08:31 PM   #31
SirWinston
2007 JK Wrangler 

Ok, so yesterday I didnt get anything done, but today I knocked a few things off the list. I got the evap canister skid on there, got the diff cover on and plastidipped the gas cap cover

Colorado Jeep Club Member #265
SirWinston is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2012, 05:28 PM   #32
SirWinston
2007 JK Wrangler 

Well ive finally got some time to upload the EJS pictures. This year didnt go as smoothly as last year, we had constant breakdowns the entire trip, but everyone still had a great time!

The first problem, was when we rolled into the gas station, my buddy's (Kyle_Craig) radiator drain plug broke and poured all the fluid out, so after about an hour and a half we got that all fixed up and we were on the road.

Then the next one was when bot caliper bolts walked out and I lost my caliper at about 75mph...

A few minutes later when I tried taking off the wheel to move the caliper the locking lug nut shattered and had to be removed with a hammer and chisel. The lug was wrecked in the process, but we got it set up well enough to limp to Moab and get parts to fix it.

The next break down came in Pritchett, my buddy convinced me to run 12psi instead of the usual 15psi, after burping some air on the way back to the entrance I tried a bump to get over the ledge, but as soon as I hit the ledge I bent the rim. But I did get over the ledge haha

Here are some pictures from BFE

Kyle_Craig doing some gnarly wheelstands and possibly a flop, its still up for debate haha

And his 2nd attempt at the obstacle, it ended in the same way as the 1st attempt did

The next day we ran Metal Masher, we showed up just in time to get stuck behind about 30 Jeeps from Texas, but it turned out to be ok since our buddy had his fuel pump go out in his Yota and he had to run to town to get one.

The view from the top of Metal Masher

Our buddy with the yota caught up with in time to hit some obstacles

The obstacle that made the ranger a 2wd vehicle for a while.

Widow Maker

The next day we ran Moab Rim, before leaving.

Our group of rigs.

On the way back to Steamboat
Unread 04-22-2012, 06:00 PM   #33
442Wrangler
In like Flynn.

2008 JK Wrangler 

Word. Have you ever run Poison Spyder or Gold Bar? Those are some sick trails with a few views for sure! Love Moab, hoping to move there someday.

1998 TJ Sahara Sold
-3.25" RC spring lift, Eagle alloys 125s, 33x12.5x15 Cooper STTs, XRC8 winch with stock bumper mount

1994 YJ SE Sold
-4" RC spring lift, 33x12.5x15 Firestone M/Ts, Eagle alloys 125, and a 4 cylinder to boot

1960 Willys Wagon
-Going to be restored and painted Omaha Orange

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth."
-Steve McQueen

Male RN Jeep Club #1
442Wrangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2012, 06:15 PM   #34
SirWinston
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 442Wrangler View Post
Word. Have you ever run Poison Spyder or Gold Bar? Those are some sick trails with a few views for sure! Love Moab, hoping to move there someday.
Yep, this was the first trip that we didnt run the trifecta, I love both of those trails, we just didnt have time to do them over Easter.
Unread 04-23-2012, 07:11 PM   #35
gspup
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Trying to go back mid May.
Unread 04-24-2012, 03:13 PM   #36
442Wrangler
In like Flynn.

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirWinston View Post
Yep, this was the first trip that we didnt run the trifecta, I love both of those trails, we just didnt have time to do them over Easter.
Yeah I love those three as well. How was metal masher/moab rim? Looking to do these when I move out to CO for the summer.

Edit: Btw have you ever run Holy Cross?

1998 TJ Sahara Sold
-3.25" RC spring lift, Eagle alloys 125s, 33x12.5x15 Cooper STTs, XRC8 winch with stock bumper mount

1994 YJ SE Sold
-4" RC spring lift, 33x12.5x15 Firestone M/Ts, Eagle alloys 125, and a 4 cylinder to boot

1960 Willys Wagon

-Steve McQueen

Male RN Jeep Club #1
Unread 04-30-2012, 11:32 AM   #37
SirWinston
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 442Wrangler View Post
Yeah I love those three as well. How was metal masher/moab rim? Looking to do these when I move out to CO for the summer.

Edit: Btw have you ever run Holy Cross?
They are really fun trails, Metal Masher has some crazy lines for the built rigs but also has some good lines for rigs like mine. Moab Rim is a trail I usually run every time, its a fun one, it gets real tippy in some spots, the only thing that I recommend is to not run the full thing, it gets kinda boring after the first look out at the top of the cliff. And yea I ran Holy Cross in like October last year when I still had 33's. It was a fun trail for sure and having 33's made it difficult getting through French Creek. We only ran up to the huge wall(I dont remember the name of it) just past the mining town up top. I would like to run it again though.
Unread 04-30-2012, 11:33 AM   #38
SirWinston
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gspup View Post

Trying to go back mid May.
Haha yea I try to go every chance I get, which is about 3 times a year, soo much fun every time
Unread 05-08-2012, 11:11 AM   #39
j33p4life
2008 JK Wrangler 

can you take a picture up close around the hitch? I wanna see what you cut and how it fits! thanks!
XRC Front bumper, XRC-8 Winch SRC rock rails
j33p4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2012, 11:57 AM   #40
SirWinston
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by j33p4life View Post
can you take a picture up close around the hitch? I wanna see what you cut and how it fits! thanks!
Yep, I posted a reply in the other thread
Unread 05-08-2012, 12:13 PM   #41
j33p4life
2008 JK Wrangler 

thanks!
XRC Front bumper, XRC-8 Winch SRC rock rails
j33p4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2012, 12:39 PM   #42
purplepig
Web Wheeler

2000 TJ Wrangler 

good looking Jeep and great pics
I wish I lived closer to Moab.
purplepig is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2012, 05:23 PM   #43
SirWinston
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplepig View Post
good looking Jeep and great pics
I wish I lived closer to Moab.
Thanks! But yea the drive to Moab from Bama would be quite the trek. Its definitely a fun place though, even if your just riding along in someone else's rig
Unread 05-15-2012, 11:46 PM   #44
SirWinston
2007 JK Wrangler 

Well after getting the Jeep back from the dealer for about $3300 worth of warranty work being done, Im told that my ring and pinion in the D30 are missing a chunk, so I figure this is a good as time as any to regear, So I talked to Iron Rock Offroad the other day and looks like Ill be rolling 5.13's by the end of next week. Also while they are installing the gears, Im going to have them sleeve the axle. Im excited, but my wallet isnt haha
Unread 05-16-2012, 08:03 AM   #45
442Wrangler
In like Flynn.

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirWinston View Post
They are really fun trails, Metal Masher has some crazy lines for the built rigs but also has some good lines for rigs like mine. Moab Rim is a trail I usually run every time, its a fun one, it gets real tippy in some spots, the only thing that I recommend is to not run the full thing, it gets kinda boring after the first look out at the top of the cliff. And yea I ran Holy Cross in like October last year when I still had 33's. It was a fun trail for sure and having 33's made it difficult getting through French Creek. We only ran up to the huge wall(I dont remember the name of it) just past the mining town up top. I would like to run it again though.
Well I'm moving out to Gunnison for the summer so I would definitely like to run it because I couldn't last year and if you do run it, hit me up. You seem like you know what's going on.

Edit: Thanks for the info on the other trails as well, heading out there again this summer.

1998 TJ Sahara Sold

1994 YJ SE Sold

1960 Willys Wagon

-Steve McQueen

Male RN Jeep Club #1

Tags
build , jku , poison spyder , psc , riddler

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.