Sir Winston's "Built" Thread - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Sir Winston's "Built" Thread

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsDisc Brake Kits from ECGS

Unread 11-06-2011, 08:32 PM   #16
SirWinston
2007 JK Wrangler 

So I got a chance to go wheeling with the 35's since I got them and had some rubbing issues, so I decided to clean up the stock fenders and since I did that the rubbing is gone and it looks a whole lot better, now I just need to work on building my tire carrier.
My buddy doing some work to the fender well

Thanks to the skillful cutting, we got the rear done all in one cut

Heres the mess my Jeep left once all the fenders were cut haha

And here are some snow shots

I still had the sway bar connected here, since it is a easy trail, I just got sucked off the trail

Colorado Jeep Club Member #265
SirWinston is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-07-2011, 08:06 PM   #17
SirWinston
2007 JK Wrangler 

Well over thanksgiving I went to Moab with a few of my buddies, here are some pics of the current state of the Jeep

The trip was sweet! it was a lot of fun and we had the trails to our selves
Unread 12-07-2011, 08:15 PM   #18
SirWinston
2007 JK Wrangler 

I learned a few things over the course of the trip:
1. don't run fins and things at night, you WILL get lost
2. The Thanksgiving dinner at the Community Center is really good
3. It's very easy to high center the 4 doors
4. 4.10's are a pretty crawly, even on 35's
5. Wheel stands are scary as hell
Unread 12-08-2011, 09:22 PM   #19
gspup
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Is that the tub on hells? It was full of oil when I went a few months ago.
Unread 12-15-2011, 01:53 PM   #20
SirWinston
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gspup View Post
Is that the tub on hells? It was full of oil when I went a few months ago.
Yep it is, all the tubs were dry when we were there except Devils Highway, which had what looked like water in it, but maybe that is the oil filled one youre talking about
Unread 12-16-2011, 03:22 PM   #21
gspup
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirWinston View Post
Yep it is, all the tubs were dry when we were there except Devils Highway, which had what looked like water in it, but maybe that is the oil filled one youre talking about
Hard to say it looks like the same one but I've only ran that trail once and rained hard the night before.

How is fins? I decided to pass that one up last trip out.
Unread 12-24-2011, 03:58 AM   #22
SirWinston
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gspup View Post
Hard to say it looks like the same one but I've only ran that trail once and rained hard the night before.

How is fins? I decided to pass that one up last trip out.
Ah yea, the rain would do that. But as for Fins, the first half is fun, but the second is ridiculous, its like they just paid some drugged up guy to walk around and paint arrows on the rocks, its the most confusing trail Ive ever run, I did some parts of the trail like 5 times, I eventually found my way out, so I never got to run the whole thing, but I would honestly skip it unless you are with someone who has already run it. And if you still want to do it, do it in the day first, as you can easily lose the trail at night, even with extra lights. And expect to drive around in circles for a while haha
Unread 01-28-2012, 10:13 AM   #23
SirWinston
2007 JK Wrangler 

Ok so its been a while since I updated this. College has been taken over my life haha

But after about a month of waiting(due to backordered parts), my box from Quadratec arrived. It had a Skyjacker steering stabalizer and a Synergy steering stabilizer mount.

The old bent and beaten up stock SS

The new SS and mount. The Synergy mount it nice, cause it puts the SS up and out of harms way, so hopefully I wont have to ever buy another SS

And one more shot of the Synergy mount
Unread 01-28-2012, 10:16 AM   #24
SirWinston
2007 JK Wrangler 

Also I started saving up for materials to make a tire carrier, I havent gotten a whole lot planned out, most likely going to go with some 1/4 steel, but I need to get into the shop so I can fab something up out of cardboard and get an idea of what I want to build
Unread 01-30-2012, 09:02 PM   #25
SirWinston
2007 JK Wrangler 

Well today I came a across a deal I couldnt refuse, so my plans of making a custom bumper went out the window, but I will still have to build the tire carrier for the bumper. Will post pics when the bumper gets here and I have a chance to put it on. Hopefully it will be this weekend!
Unread 02-01-2012, 12:45 PM   #26
SirWinston
2007 JK Wrangler 

Well the bumper came in and I put in a little work before class, but I got yelled at for working on my Jeep in the parking lot (Gotta love living in the dorms at college). So after class Im going to go to a friends house and finish it up there.
Right after UPS dropped off

Only got the stock bumper off before I got yelled at and taking the hitch off is proving to be a real PITA

More pics when I get the Bumper on!
Unread 02-01-2012, 12:49 PM   #27
Moose340
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirWinston View Post
Well the bumper came in and I put in a little work before class, but I got yelled at for working on my Jeep in the parking lot (Gotta love living in the dorms at college). So after class Im going to go to a friends house and finish it up there.
Right after UPS dropped off
I got yelled at when I put my skids on because the campus cops thought someone was trapped under the Jeep
Moose340 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-01-2012, 04:01 PM   #28
kyle_craig
1998 TJ Wrangler 

The new bumper looks good on there Gavin!
kyle_craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-01-2012, 04:53 PM   #29
SirWinston
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose340 View Post
I got yelled at when I put my skids on because the campus cops thought someone was trapped under the Jeep
Some people just dont understand Jeeps haha

And thanks kyle, I dont think I would have been able to get it on with out you

Well after class I headed over to Kyle's place to get the bumper on. It went pretty smooth, the only thing we had to do was cut a bit of the license plate holder to get the holes to line up. Now the next thing I have to do is cut a bit of the bumper so I can get the hitch back on. I think it looks real nice, I think Pavement Ends did a real nice job designing these bumpers.

Unread 03-22-2012, 03:38 PM   #30
SirWinston
2007 JK Wrangler 

Ok so I figured I'd update this, since I havent in a while. I recently took a trip to Moab for the day, to see what work I needed to do before EJS and to have some fun and get away. At about 2am on thursday and couple buddies and I started our journey to Moab, its about a 5 hour drive. We rolled into Moab at about 630am. We stopped in at the Moab Diner for some breakfast before going to find a camp site to drop off the doors and roof. Once we got all that settled headed off to Hells's Revenge. As always it was a fun trail and Hell's gate is kinda nerve wracking, but by far one of the best parts of the trail. Once we finished that, we headed to the grocery store to get some PB&J's. After we took about a 20 minute nap we went off to do Moab Rim. Over all it was an awesome trip to Moab, it was a bit windy, but it was still 75 and sunny, so it was still nice out. During the trip, I realized I blew a axle seal up front and my bumpstops are pretty thrashed. But on to the pics now.

X>Rubi?

Since we have returned I have been doing work, or attempting to do work to the Jeep in preparation for EJS, so far the list for EJS is:

Put on the Riddler D44 cover
Redo evap canister skid
Axle seal
Tube doors?
Respray rockers
fix the exhaust(needs a hanger)
oil change
Rewire PIAA's(currently not working due to wiring I believe)
New bumpstops

So once I finally get a break and can get some time to work on the Jeep I think this will all go fairly quickly, but its finding the time to get this all done thats making it difficult. So far Ive only painted the diff cover and just started on the Evap canister skid, but hopefully the diff cover and the evap canister will be done by tonight! I will update this as I get things done

ONLY 13 DAYS TIL MOAB!

Tags
build , jku , poison spyder , psc , riddler

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.