silver and yellow jk - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > silver and yellow jk

Want to be able to SEE? DOT Approved Headlights for under We have FLASHLIGHTS! Great for your Emergency bag!Flowmaster Overstock: Special Holiday Pricing!!!!

Unread 11-10-2014, 07:55 PM   #1
Prestrong
2008 JK Wrangler 

silver and yellow jk

This is my second jeep as my first one is in a better place now and I would rather not talk about it. This Jeep Build may be a bit slow but I am on a high school budget and I would rather the build be slow and be built right.

Jeep Name: Sarah (running joke with my friends...)
Year: 2008
Make: Jeep
Model: Wrangler X
Trim: Sport 2 Door
Mileage: 40,000
Color: Silver

Some Upgrades that I have already have completed:
SmittyBuilt SRC front Bumper
Smittybuilt 9500 lbs Winch
Olympic Rear Bumper
Small Light Bar
Sun Top
Removable mirrors
New Top

The Day I got the Sarah 2.0 all stock

The Next thing I did was put the stuff from the first jeep on.

Then I took her to the beach

New top!!

New Diff Covers

More Pictures! Pictures are my faverote part of Peoples jeep build so expect a lot of them.

Prestrong is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-10-2014, 08:10 PM   #2
Prestrong
2008 JK Wrangler 

Future Mods

-New Tires 33 inch
-Small lift kit 2.5 at most
-JKS Sway Bar Disconnects
-Rock Rails
-High Lift Jack
-CB radio
-Fender Flairs
-KC lights on the hood
-lots and lots of skid plates
-John Boat to pull with it
Unread 11-11-2014, 05:32 PM   #3
Prestrong
2008 JK Wrangler 

New Tires

After searching for the right tires for a good price scene my tires were in no need of being replaced if picked up 4 Nitto Terra Grappler 285/70/17 on some rims with a printable bead lock with only 400 miles on them. My dad wanted me to keep the 18 inch Sahara rims that I had on them but the price convinced him to get rid of them and the fact that I can sell the previous rims.

I did not think that I would like the yellow but it has grown on me so I am going to keep it for now. I think the yellow gives Sarah something that the gray jeep was lacking. I also think that the yellow make it look a bit eclectic.

Right now I am looking for rock sliders and was wondering if the other brands were worth 4x as much as stock Rubicon rails and how well cutting down 4 door rails to 2 door worked.

Any Input would be greatly appreciated!
Unread 11-20-2014, 07:58 PM   #4
Prestrong
2008 JK Wrangler 

Rubicon Rock Rails

Got a set of 4 door Rubicon Rock Rails for $100 off of CL. Got them home and cut them down to cover my pinch seam with an angle grinder and bolted them up.

Couldn't be happier with how to turned out. Sorry for the poor quality photos... will get better ones later.

I wanted to go offroading this weekend but doesn't look like mother nature has the same idea. So I will hopefully build a welding cart/table, JKS Sway bar disconnects and a oil pan skid! and I am looking to install a leveling kit over the break.
Any suggestions on what leveling kit to use would be appreciated.
Unread 11-21-2014, 05:06 PM   #5
reichard117
2014 JK Wrangler 

Pictures are my favorite part too I like the new wheels!
Unread 11-24-2014, 08:50 AM   #6
Prestrong
2008 JK Wrangler 

11/24/14 Update

Thanks!!

This weekend I had to pull multiple friends out on different occasions and got to try my new tires out in the mud they worked great!

Here are some of the photos the other time I got called I did not get any photos because I was about to start raining again.

Those are 35 inch tires.

I don't know what thought it was a good idea to go mudding on a mud plane after a couple inches of rain but it was fun.

Tomorrow I am getting a spacer leveling kit it should add 1.75 inches to the front end. I may also get JKS sway bar disconnects and am still trying to decide on what shocks to get.
Unread 11-26-2014, 07:07 AM   #7
reichard117
2014 JK Wrangler 

Are you ordering a spacer kit or buying one second hand? I have a 1.75" kit I'm not using I could make you a deal on
Unread 11-26-2014, 09:46 AM   #8
Prestrong
2008 JK Wrangler 

Lifting

Quote:
Originally Posted by reichard117 View Post
Are you ordering a spacer kit or buying one second hand? I have a 1.75" kit I'm not using I could make you a deal on
Thanks but I bought one a couple of days ago for $20 and installed it last night. Install went better than I thought it would. The auto part store only had shocks for $250 so I am currently searching for some shocks to make the jeep bounce much.

Before

After

On a side note I finished my first welding project.

I am still looking for disconnects and skid plates and I may go offroading this Saturday.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.