The Silver Bullet - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > The Silver Bullet

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe RuffStuff "I can't go to EJS" Sale!FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 09-28-2011, 03:09 PM   #31
mcannon111
2006 TJ Wrangler 

thanks for all the positive feedback guys!! really appreciate it, was alot of work, but man has it paid off

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle_craig View Post
Paint looks great! I take it you did it on your own? What kind of system are you using if you don't mind me asking?
i would love to answer your question but not sure quite what your asking, what do you mean what system? what i used to paint? what process i did painting it? what type of paint i used?

here are some more pics got a little offroad sensation and took it on a short trail in my back yard.!

secret-spot-2-800x600-.jpg   secret-spot-1-800x600-.jpg  
mcannon111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-28-2011, 05:55 PM   #32
kyle_craig
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcannon111 View Post
i would love to answer your question but not sure quite what your asking, what do you mean what system? what i used to paint? what process i did painting it? what type of paint i used?
I was just curious what kind of spray gun and paint....
kyle_craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-29-2011, 11:04 AM   #33
mcannon111
2006 TJ Wrangler 

i used a HVLP spray gun attached ran by a 100 gallon air compressor.

I got my paint from a local paint shop, first i sprayed with a heavy based primer, then i used the wrangler silver paint code, which is psb (says on the tag attached to the bottom of your grill). I used and chose single stage paint because it is the easiest for a painter who pretty well learns all there info on this forum. Only downfall to a single stage is you can't cut and buff, and if it gets runny you can't cut the runs out... I also chose single stage because i really did not want to spray clear coat, cause clear coat is a total PITA
Unread 10-01-2011, 01:17 PM   #34
mcannon111
2006 TJ Wrangler 

one more flex pic, going to gulches this weekend will post more after i go, then its back to upgrading.
whatever-800x600-.jpg  
Unread 10-04-2011, 08:07 PM   #35
mcannon111
2006 TJ Wrangler 

here are some pictures from this weekend, great trip!
dscf2151.jpg   dscf2179.jpg   dscf2183.jpg   img-20111002-00137.jpg  
Unread 10-04-2011, 11:08 PM   #36
gspup
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcannon111
here are some pictures from this weekend, great trip!
Great photos. I love how jeeps look without winches, clean and simple. But we all gotta have one.
Unread 10-10-2011, 07:08 PM   #37
mcannon111
2006 TJ Wrangler 

okay well i came up with a mock up way on how i'm building it...

I want to get a junkyard 8.8 with 4.10's and weld on some tj brackets to it. Then try to find a cheap deal on a LP or HP 30 with 4.10's. (I know HP would be ideal but may be hard to find a hp 30 from junkyard with 4.10's). Then get 35's and probably lock the front w/ a lunch box locker. and some rokmen/currie front control arms. Then after i get that done i want to go flat which includes a super short SYE, Adjustable uppers, 1.25 BL and probably making my own skid. After that i plan to get a fuel cell.

THEN i plan to buy or build another 8.8 or 44 with 4.88's and do a leaf swap w/ about a ~6 inch stretch to put me right at about 100 inch wheel base. then i'll sell the 4.10 8.8 and adjustable uppers and hopefully make my money back

let me know what yall think!
Unread 10-10-2011, 07:38 PM   #38
Hendrix
TJOTY 2013

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Those fenders turned out really nice.
Hendrix is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-10-2011, 11:31 PM   #39
kyle_craig
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
okay well i came up with a mock up way on how i'm building it...

I want to get a junkyard 8.8 with 4.10's and weld on some tj brackets to it. Then try to find a cheap deal on a LP or HP 30 with 4.10's. (I know HP would be ideal but may be hard to find a hp 30 from junkyard with 4.10's). Then get 35's and probably lock the front w/ a lunch box locker. and some rokmen/currie front control arms. Then after i get that done i want to go flat which includes a super short SYE, Adjustable uppers, 1.25 BL and probably making my own skid. After that i plan to get a fuel cell.

THEN i plan to buy or build another 8.8 or 44 with 4.88's and do a leaf swap w/ about a ~6 inch stretch to put me right at about 100 inch wheel base. then i'll sell the 4.10 8.8 and adjustable uppers and hopefully make my money back

let me know what yall think!
Want to know what I think?....I think the axle plans sound excellent. However, I say skip the hassle of doing things twice, and go for the stretch when you swap the axle. This last weekend, I was able to knock mine out in 2 days with the help of 2 other wrenchers. If you think you want to do it in the future anyway, you might as well just do it all once. Check out my build thread for pictures of my 5" stretch on XJ leafs. I'm really happy with it thus far. It flexes well and rides nicely. I'm no expert, but if you have any questions I'd be more than happy to help! If you do decide to do things twice, it will still be pretty cool!
Unread 10-11-2011, 12:13 AM   #40
GIJOE1914
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Been weighing whether or not to highline, this looks very clean looking.
GIJOE1914 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-11-2011, 01:33 PM   #41
mallard15
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendrix View Post
Yea man they look great in person. He was going to just buy some ****tybilt flat fenders but I told him to check out your build and how sick your hood and fenders came out. I think I can speak for him and say that he is VERY glad he bought rokmen and not ****tybilt .

And Kyle I keep telling him the same thing... He just wont listen to me.

Yukon 4.10 R&P Gears Set (300$) PM me
mallard15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-11-2011, 01:40 PM   #42
BEAST
1997 TJ Wrangler 

what wheels are those?
Unread 10-11-2011, 06:32 PM   #43
mcannon111
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle_craig View Post
Want to know what I think?....I think the axle plans sound excellent. However, I say skip the hassle of doing things twice, and go for the stretch when you swap the axle. This last weekend, I was able to knock mine out in 2 days with the help of 2 other wrenchers. If you think you want to do it in the future anyway, you might as well just do it all once. Check out my build thread for pictures of my 5" stretch on XJ leafs. I'm really happy with it thus far. It flexes well and rides nicely. I'm no expert, but if you have any questions I'd be more than happy to help! If you do decide to do things twice, it will still be pretty cool!
yeah after thinking about it... i really think i'm just to tummy tuck, cell and then leaf swap/axle swap... cause the other process would require me to do it twice and that would end up being a whole ton of work, and take alot more time. I still have a couple things that i have to clean up from the previous owners mess, so in a month or so is when i'm going to start thinking about the more serious mods.

also what d shaft did you use in your jeep?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendrix View Post
thanks man! they aren't as good as your's, but i thought they turned out pretty good. Looks way better than it did before too

Quote:
Originally Posted by GIJOE1914 View Post
Been weighing whether or not to highline, this looks very clean looking.
HIGHLINE!!! do it you will not regret it i promise, i ended up spending like 50 dollars more than smittybilt fenders after i sold my stock fenders. also i have tons of up travel with this, i use stock bumpstops and still have 1.5 inches of unused uptravel, got to fix that with 35's though

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEAST View Post
what wheels are those?
they are 10 inch granite alloys with a 3.25 inch backspacing, so they stick out really far haha. Idk i can't really decide if i like the look or not. I bought the tires and rims off a guy on craigslist for a deal i could not pass up so i was not the original buyers of the rims. idk i really do not want to spend any more money on rims unless its beadlocks haha
Unread 10-11-2011, 06:51 PM   #44
mcannon111
2006 TJ Wrangler 

also i forgot to update but i did some led tail lights this weekend, really satisfied on how they turned out and are really bright... honestly think that people behind me get pissed off they're so bright haha.

and yes i know... i am missing the tailgate piece, previous owner took that off too
led-taillights-800x600-.jpg  
Unread 10-11-2011, 09:11 PM   #45
kyle_craig
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
yeah after thinking about it... i really think i'm just to tummy tuck, cell and then leaf swap/axle swap... cause the other process would require me to do it twice and that would end up being a whole ton of work, and take alot more time.
also what d shaft did you use in your jeep?
You really should man! it's a fun and straightforward way to stretch it. We went and pulled a factory Cherokee rear shaft, cut the welds off of the yoke, cut it shorter, and welded the yoke back in. I'm real happy with it. Got lucky in the fact that it has no vibrations what so ever. If you're going to do a slip yoke eliminator, a shortened front Cherokee shaft would work well too!

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.