JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   Jeep Builds (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/)
-   -   The Silver Bullet (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/silver-bullet-1249782/)

mcannon111 08-07-2011 01:27 PM

The Silver Bullet

1 Attachment(s)
okay so when i first got this jeep man it was a WRECK, like i mean this thing looked like CRAP! i wish i would have taken more pictures, but i only have one but i'll explain everything that was wrong with it when i got it... Btw this is a 06 so any of yall on here would want to kill whoever did this.

Well first thing you notice is that the whole jeep is covered in black paint and can tell it was originally silver, well this guy went HAM with paint. it was not even spray paint... it honestly looks like house paint. but i am repainting my hood and grill sometime soon back silver, then getting full corners, rockers and fenders at some point to fix all the black paint problems.

Then when i first looked in at the interior, the console was cut in half, only because he wanted a second cup holder and no console over the shifter... like WTF do you like the YJ look or something?? The floor had been painted awfully, i'll post pics of the floor tonight but it seriously is the exact same stuff as on the jeep except its peeling and chipping awfully. AND to top it all off the shifter was extended higher than the steering wheel with a skull on top of it. I guess this guy was going for the biker look where you have your hands way up in the air, but c'mon dude in a jeep??

So here we go as i start to build the silver bullet!

djflyy 08-07-2011 01:30 PM

I assume this is a TJ? If you go to your user control panel you can add your vehicle information so that people don't have to guess! I hope you got a good deal on this interesting sounding rig.

mcannon111 08-07-2011 01:36 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I've had the jeeps for about two months, but was gone all july so i'm just going to say one month haha. but the original soft top i bought was pretty well on its last leg and did not have a rear window. sooo i ordered a rampage soft top, and man do i love this top!

also replaced the ugly stock tires and got some new 33 inch bfg's and black granite 15x10 rims for a really good deal! They look great and even better i didn't have to put my lift on to clear them... they haven't rubbed at all either!

mcannon111 08-07-2011 01:37 PM

yeah sorry man i'll go update that i'm new on here but yeah it sure is interesting, and its a fun project!

mcannon111 08-08-2011 09:50 AM

2 Attachment(s)
alright here are some pictures of the hood, and floor pans. as you can see it looks horrible! also i need to buy some plugs... i think i have 4 plugs total, and i think there are like 8 or something like that in the whole jeep? needless to say i have some holes in the floor lol

mcannon111 08-09-2011 05:45 PM

also the turn signals will not work like for anything... ordered new switch, yup that didn't fix it. put a new flasher relay in... nothing. I've been trying everything to get these dang things to work. any one else had this problem?

jackman 08-09-2011 09:43 PM

This thread title makes me thirsty for some reason lol. Sounds like you have a little work to do ahead of ya. It definately had some potential tho!

mallard15 08-09-2011 10:11 PM

He has Rokmen highlines in his future plans... :shhh: :drool:

mcannon111 08-10-2011 09:21 AM

yeah dude its a repo jeep and i don't know if i want to give him a big hug or a big slap... cause if he had not have done it i would not have gotten this jeep for as cheap as i got it! I seriously hope the guy didn't step back and go "Dang that looks great!" cause it looks badddd.

but yeah rokmen highline fenders are coming hopefully before the end of august :)

djflyy 08-10-2011 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcannon111 (Post 11995220)
also the turn signals will not work like for anything... ordered new switch, yup that didn't fix it. put a new flasher relay in... nothing. I've been trying everything to get these dang things to work. any one else had this problem?

Check the ground at the front left and right of the engine compartment to the right and left of the headlights. It's a little screw at the front of the front grille. Take the screw out, sand it with some 80 grit or so to get some fresh steel and try and get any corrosion off. Even stick some sandpaper in the hole to clean that up. Most blinker problems are results of the ground being corroded beyond use.

poobub 08-10-2011 09:56 AM

no offense to you (obviously you didnt do it) but that thing is disgusting!

I will say it looks 100x better with the rampage and tires. I have the rampage as well and I love it, but I cant get my header channel to snap on right so I have a huge gap. I have also been debating painting my hood with a similar design, but obviously a lot better quality work lol.

Keep up the good work! Excited to see where this one goes.

Mopar1994 08-10-2011 10:48 AM

is it called the silver bullet because you are going to put a 426 Hemi in it? like the silver bullet drag car.

http://i655.photobucket.com/albums/u...Wescott-JD.jpg

http://i655.photobucket.com/albums/u...rBullet-en.jpg

mcannon111 08-11-2011 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by poobub (Post 11998817)
no offense to you (obviously you didnt do it) but that thing is disgusting!

I will say it looks 100x better with the rampage and tires. I have the rampage as well and I love it, but I cant get my header channel to snap on right so I have a huge gap. I have also been debating painting my hood with a similar design, but obviously a lot better quality work lol.

Keep up the good work! Excited to see where this one goes.

thanks man and yeah it does not look so hot right now, the tires and top definitely complimented it well. but in the next month or two my hood and grill will be all back original silver!

Quote:

Originally Posted by djflyy (Post 11998681)
Check the ground at the front left and right of the engine compartment to the right and left of the headlights. It's a little screw at the front of the front grille. Take the screw out, sand it with some 80 grit or so to get some fresh steel and try and get any corrosion off. Even stick some sandpaper in the hole to clean that up. Most blinker problems are results of the ground being corroded beyond use.

thanks for this advice. i am going to look into that today, planning on doing a bunch of work this afternoon on the blinkers, wish me luck!

[QUOTE=Mopar1994;11999106] is it called the silver bullet because you are going to put a 426 Hemi in it? like the silver bullet drag car.

not anytime in the near future hahaha got alot of other stuff in front of that one!

poobub 08-11-2011 09:53 PM

Yeah getting that horrible paint job off of there will def bring it back around! What are your plans with it?

mcannon111 08-12-2011 01:50 PM

If i can gather up enough money for rokmen highlines before the end of september i plan to put the highlines on, paint the hood and grill back silver, and put on 1 inch spacers all round (need a little bit more up travel for bigger shocks). thats in the soon to near future...

a little later down the road i plan to get the tub rhino lined, full corners, and rockers.... i have alot more plans to come just haven't decided which path i'm going to take yet... need to do some research and save up the cash!

The time now is 08:17 PM.