I have half the bolts in the CJ clip for mock up, now I need to dissasemble and do the body work, which I will do as soon as it gets put inside for the winter. I also got the radiator and other engine compartment components jerry rigged so I can run it again and move it around.
I also got all the brakes off of the rear D44. I am meeting a friend for breakfast tomarrow and after I might take a ride over to the auto parts store and see what the damage is going to be for all new brakes (shoes, spring kit, and drums).
Bought a pair of carriers for my waggy regear. Came with spider gears. All brand new parts. Now I just need ring and pinion sets and master rebuild kits.
Spent most of friday at the junkyard. I was looking for the fabled 96-98 Dodge Dakota 2.5 to ax15 bellhousing and I found one! Out of all the Dakota's (around 10) there was one. It took a long time to get it out. Taking out a transmission in a junkyard on the ground SUCKS. Thank god for my trusty Harbor Freight generator so I could use my angle grinder and speed up the process, I cut half the crossmember off.
Also it is external slave so I took the parts neccesary to do the external set up:
Obviously I will buy a new slave cylinder and throw out bearing. I will also need a different pilot bearing.
Also I have my doubler mocked up and almost ready for final bolt together. I just have to pick up some RTV and brake cleaner so I can give both cases one last good internal cleaning. I keep forgetting to pick up a tank of 100% argon so I can use the spool gun on my friends welder and weld the block off plate where I cut the np231.
Ring and pinion's are on the way (4.88 flavor) for the 44s. Need to pick up some metal to fab the crossmembers. Still need a few brake parts and some clutch parts. Getting there! Lots of sanding and painting, trying to wait untill spring for most of it.
So I was working on the jeep tonight and I crawled under it to see how mounting up my ruffstuff crossmember mounts was going to work out. My old AX-5 and 231 have been out for a while now, so getting a clear veiw at everything is easy. I realized that I was going to have to relocate all my brake and fuel lines, as well as the exhaust and e-brake. Oh well..... lol
Fluid lines moved, e-brake still in place, Im thinking about putting a TJ console and ebrake in to solve this problem easily.
You mean the fuel filter skid isnt suposed to be filled with old rock-hard mud? oops......lol
Oh hey exhaust.....
My pretty much year old clutch which needs a new disc for the AX-15 swap. The down pipe is only a couple months old, might end up cut up once the new drivetrain is in place. Ughhhh......exhaust work sucks.
Ordered the special pilot bearing for the AX-15 to 2.5L swap (from Advanced Adapters) last night, got a email today saying its backordered and is expected to ship 2/25/11, really kind of a dissapointment I was planning on getting my whole drivetrain set up very soon. Oh well, lots more to work on.
Still need to order my master overhaul kits for the 44s. Also need brake pads, and e-brake parts, including a junkyard trip to get a TJ e-brake assembly.
Here is a rough paint drawing of how the crossmember kit will work in it's final form. I have two, one will go on to my transmission and the other will go to my D300 because it is so much weight on the back of a aluminum 231 case. The goal is to have nothing hang bellow the bottom of the frame. That way I can run a true flat skid, which I plan on having plasma cut out of 1/4" plate. This is great because I can drop my skid to work on whatever; brake lines, exhaust work, checking t-case/doubler/tranny fluid levels, ect and I wont have to worry about putting a jackstand or anything under the transmission to keep it in place (like a factory bellypan set up). It is also cool because if I happen to take a hard hit to the bellypan it wont put any stress on the drivetrain.
Here is a picture of one side of an assembled ruffstuff bracket: