Shoeshine Boy a mild mannered TJ build - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Shoeshine Boy a mild mannered TJ build

Rugged Ridge 8500lb Winch w/ Steel Cable $294.99 Shipped OSmittybilt Products at Oconee Off-Road!Building a Bumper?

Unread 04-26-2011, 10:19 PM   #61
balzer
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks and yea its a nice place to live for the most part.

Unread 04-27-2011, 09:02 AM   #62
B2CARPEN

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Wow - Amazing write up on that winch! You should think about doing an official write up in the tech section for others to see how it's done.
Unread 04-27-2011, 07:33 PM   #63
balzer
2001 TJ Wrangler 

LOL thanks I'm real good at taking stuff apart to see how they work, we shall see how good I am at putting it back together and if it still works.
Unread 04-29-2011, 06:50 PM   #64
balzer
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Sweet parts are on their way! Guess I should get things sanded down and prepped for paint. Also put in an order with Brandon at dont fear the jeeper.
I cant wait to get it all back together my jeep looks naked without a winch on there!
Unread 05-03-2011, 08:24 PM   #65
balzer
2001 TJ Wrangler 

OK so the winch parts came in.
I greased all the gears and assembled it. (sorry with gloves and grease I didnt take pics) All I have left is finish sanding it down masking it off and painting it. Brandon at dont fear the jeeper, has shipped my synthetic winch line 100'x3/8" in black with saftey thimble and a hawse fairlead.

Also, thanks to Brad, (B2CARPEN), I have ordered windshield armor/light bar from Brook at Brooks Custom Concepts.
Link
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...K%3AMEWAX%3AIT

I am pondering paint color, I am seriously thinking about a graphite grey color. For the light bar, future sliders, and future corner armor, and possibly my bumpers. I feel there are too many all black, blacked out, black black black jeeps already..... hell I dont know right now.
Unread 05-03-2011, 08:28 PM   #66
NextJeep
2005 TJ Wrangler 

What kind of front bumper is that? I really like it.
NextJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-03-2011, 08:44 PM   #67
balzer
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NextJeep View Post
What kind of front bumper is that? I really like it.
Rampage recovery, I like it its plenty strong. It is going to be modified soon. But Im just going to weld a flat style winch plate to it and fill in the slotted mounting holes for a more solid attachment.
Unread 05-04-2011, 07:52 AM   #68
B2CARPEN

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by balzer View Post
I greased all the gears and assembled it. (sorry with gloves and grease I didnt take pics) All I have left is finish sanding it down masking it off and painting it. Brandon at dont fear the jeeper, has shipped my synthetic winch line 100'x3/8" in black with saftey thimble and a hawse fairlead.

Also, thanks to Brad, (B2CARPEN), I have ordered windshield armor/light bar from Brook at Brooks Custom Concepts.
Link

I am pondering paint color, I am seriously thinking about a graphite grey color. For the light bar, future sliders, and future corner armor, and possibly my bumpers. I feel there are too many all black, blacked out, black black black jeeps already..... hell I dont know right now.

Nice! Glad to see you placed that order with Brook. When you fit test it to drill the top 4 holes, be sure it's tight against the frame so you don't make the same mistake I did and drill additional holes

Since being 1/8th thick it will flex some to fit perfectly tight, so be sure to line it up right. Can't wait to see all the armor come together. Armor is still on my list as well, behind SYE, DS, axles, 35s, and who knows what else lol.
Unread 05-04-2011, 03:39 PM   #69
balzer
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks Brad, when I seen yours I couldn't believe it! That is exactly what I was looking for. Originally I was going to try to build my own with Genrights windshield armor, but Brook simplified the whole thing, and I cannot build it and beat his price!.

I keep going back and forth on color. I cant seam to make up my mind. The problem I am having is I dont want just 1 graphite colored part then have to wait until budget allows to get the next. So perhaps Ill just go black then once I have accumulated all the parts I will repaint the ones I want.....
Unread 05-04-2011, 03:42 PM   #70
B2CARPEN

2000 TJ Wrangler 

The best thing about going black is you can do it yourself, touch up easily, and can always change later on and not be upset about it :thumpsup:
Unread 05-05-2011, 02:56 AM   #71
inglisleslie
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by balzer View Post

Link

haha thats too funny i clicked on the link to see that the 5th pic of a white jeep is mine...good thing he cropped it because i dont have my big tires on yet
inglisleslie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-05-2011, 08:54 AM   #72
B2CARPEN

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by inglisleslie View Post
haha thats too funny i clicked on the link to see that the 5th pic of a white jeep is mine...good thing he cropped it because i dont have my big tires on yet
I thought that was yours! Way too funny that he cropped it lol.. Once you get some bigger meats you should send him some better pics
Unread 05-06-2011, 07:07 PM   #73
balzer
2001 TJ Wrangler 

OK someone remind me to do the crap my jeep NEEDS next time I spend money.

Like shocks, find and repair rattles, driveline vibrations, wash it vac it out, new windsheild, so on and so forth.

LOL
Unread 05-06-2011, 10:19 PM   #74
inglisleslie
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by B2CARPEN View Post
I thought that was yours! Way too funny that he cropped it lol.. Once you get some bigger meats you should send him some better pics
yeah i just got home from college 3 hrs ago. The jeep is not getting inspected or properly insured until middle of august. I wil lbe working on the jeep all this month and June. I will be helping my Mom move to FL all of July and may not order the pitbull radial rockers until August...no reason for them to get flat spots while sitting...but i do have jack stands
inglisleslie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-07-2011, 03:40 PM   #75
balzer
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Ok so winch line and fairlead have arrived. I have most of the winch sanded down and painted. I am considering some custom paint work but dunno yet. I have some dents in the solenoid cover that I need to hammer out ever so gently. And then there is the heat sink...... its paint is flakey and it has oxidization and its reall difficult to get into all the vanes. I was thinking about going to see if anyone around here does soda blasting to clean it up.

Ill post pics later.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.