shocks instead of sway bar disconnects?!?! - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 02-21-2014, 02:57 AM Thread Starter
hayden93
1993 XJ Cherokee 

shocks instead of sway bar disconnects?!?!

yes that's right, today while at our bar i met another jeep fanatic and we started talking you know normal stuff, what gears are you running, what axles, lockers? any way he noticed one of my sway bar disconnects was broken ( which has been for months) i explained that this is my second pair of heavy duty disconnects that ive broken and now i just gave up, obviously i disconnect them before heading up a trail but, when i see that dirt field that leads me to my destination up the way i usually don't stop and hop out to unhook them, also we know how much a pain in the butt they are to line up again. ANYWAY... he informed me that he had a friend who opted to instead of using sway bar disconnects he some how completely eliminated the say bar links and replaced them for shocks... at the time he was very convincing, but after i sat down and started thinking of how much a great mod this was, i started realizing that it was most likely B.S, but then on the other hand would the shocks be enough to stop you swaying back and forth while driving but on the other hand work and be just weak enough to slowly flex your way over a rock? i don't know 60% of me thinks its bull and the other 40 has me thinking it may actually work. MY QUESTION IS... has anybody ever heard of this being done before... also would it work? let me know what ya think!

daily driver, if I roll it, im SCREWED!

Last edited by hayden93; 02-21-2014 at 03:14 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 02-21-2014, 03:36 PM
BlueRubiconrich
1986 CJ7 

sounds like BS

Rubicon Rich ,05 TJ Rubicon: PatriotJeepers.com
86 CJ7 258,T18,Scout Dana300,twin sticks,Dana44's,4W Disc, locked,35's,YORK OBA,Warn 8274,fullcage.
51 M100 1/4 ton Jeep trailer
post #3 of 3 Old 02-25-2014, 01:31 AM Thread Starter
hayden93
1993 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueRubiconrich View Post
sounds like BS
yes ive come to the conclusion that it is total B.S! after speaking to one of the guys down at 4 wheel parts he told there is no way this would work at all! sooo i got some Rubicon express quick disconnects , he told me " your you sway bar will bend before these break"

daily driver, if I roll it, im SCREWED!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.