Shebzj's Build Thread - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Shebzj's Build Thread

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!Looking to re-gear?! CRAZY DEALS ON YUKON GEARS right here

Unread 11-12-2012, 07:26 PM   #16
ShebZJ
1997 ZJ 

I finally installed the Ford 8.8 in the rear. Pretty straight forward.

Out with the old:

In with the new:

I found this when removing the D35. I guess i forgot the bushing sleeve when i installed the shocks a year ago. I canít believe I never noticed.

Got to work on, and finished the High Pinion Dana 30. It has 4.56 gears and Spartan Locker.

This is how it started out. Bought the High Pinion D30 from a guy on BCJC from a 98 XJ.

Here it is, trussed and in primer right before heading out to Harry (the gear setup guy) that has been featured on BCJC for a while.

I am not the kind of guy who can put dirty parts into my projects, so the knuckles needed some work. Sandblasted them, then painted with Por15.

Topcoated with some metallic silver.

Synergy Ball Joints installed and Axle seals both ordered from Poly Performance.

Painting it Anti-Rust Black.

Rebuilt the axle shafts. Had to clean the shafts where the seals will touch so they can seal.

Brakes installed

Ready to go in

Decided it was time to get more lift. IRO 7Ē springs

Dana 30 under the rig. Just dialing it in. Thats the track bar hanging

As it sits after installs. I need a little more height in the rear, so will add a spacer shortly.

[cheers]

97 ZJ, 8" total lift on IRO Springs w/RC Long Arms, 33" KM2's, Black Rock Krawlers, KOR Steering Box Brace, IRO HD OTK Steering and Rear Adjustable Track Bar, Custom Bumper, XRC8 Winch, NP231 swap with SYE, 8.8 and Trussed HP D30...both Spartan locked!
ShebZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-21-2012, 01:26 AM   #17
bananaslug
1996 ZJ 

Wow awesome build thread man. Ask a mod to move your thread to the Grand Cherokee General Discussion. Thats where the ZJ builds have collected for some reason. Youll get lots more traffic over there. I cant believe there arent any comments. Are you going to 35s? 7 inches of lift is huge for 33s
bananaslug is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-21-2012, 02:03 AM   #18
ShebZJ
1997 ZJ 

Thanks for the kind words. I was initially surprised that no one has commented, but there are so many build threads that they disappear down the list pretty fast.
I hadnt considered posting in the GC area, but might be a good idea.

I am planning 35's minimum, possible 37's but that might be pushing it. Should have the new rubber by the New Year
97 ZJ, 8" total lift on IRO Springs w/RC Long Arms, 33" KM2's, Black Rock Krawlers, KOR Steering Box Brace, IRO HD OTK Steering and Rear Adjustable Track Bar, Custom Bumper, XRC8 Winch, NP231 swap with SYE, 8.8 and Trussed HP D30...both Spartan locked!
ShebZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-21-2012, 02:50 AM   #19
GazulaZJ
1998 ZJ 

Great build thread! I have the same lift with some of the same issues. Trying to get my castor correct right now. Your fab skills and attention to detail are very commendable!
GazulaZJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.