Shaner's TJ Sahara Build - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Shaner's TJ Sahara Build

JK Front Lower Adjustable Control Arms!QTP Low Profile Cutouts Now @ MarylandSpeed- Free ShippingOPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!

Unread 09-12-2012, 11:26 PM   #16
Shaner3721
1999 TJ Wrangler 

My Lloyd floor mats came in the mail today!

Colorado Jeep Club Member #900
Shaner3721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-13-2012, 04:13 AM   #17
midnight_f150
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Are they orange color?
midnight_f150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-13-2012, 08:47 AM   #18
Shaner3721
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnight_f150 View Post
Are they orange color?
Nope, Tan. The lighting just affected the color in the picture.
Unread 09-13-2012, 10:02 AM   #19
midnight_f150
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie_209 View Post
Here's my Tj stock when I bought it

Attachment 466743
Sorry I missed this picture. A muddy Jeep is a happy Jeep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaner3721 View Post
Nothing to exciting, but I installed this today:
Thats a great mod hopefully you never need it. I just picked up one of these for my TJ http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f43/n...mount-1292623/
Unread 09-13-2012, 10:23 PM   #20
Shaner3721
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Unread 09-24-2012, 04:23 PM   #21
Shaner3721
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Hey All,

I replaced the front sway bar links this weekend, but it didn't seem to get rid of a clunk/rattle/clattering noise that I still hear coming from the front end. The noise is only there when I go over bumps, which would make me think suspension related. Anybody with any good suggestions of what to look at to find out what is causing this noise? Gonna try and get a video one of these days.

Thanks,
Shane
Unread 09-25-2012, 07:54 AM   #22
midnight_f150
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Have you checked the shocks? To bad you don't have a gopro to mount and record some video while you drive it around the block.
Unread 09-26-2012, 04:07 PM   #23
Shaner3721
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnight_f150 View Post
Have you checked the shocks? To bad you don't have a gopro to mount and record some video while you drive it around the block.
I have not looked into the shocks. Is there an easy/convenient way to know if they are what is making the noise?

Thanks,
Shane
Unread 02-11-2013, 11:59 AM   #24
Shaner3721
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Nothing to exciting, but a minor update. A while back I took a look at the shocks and it turns out they were literally missing the lower bushings (thanks midnight)! I just swapped them out with a new set of OEM shocks and the noise was instantly gone.

Since then I have moved to Boulder, CO (in January) and am not with the Jeep The fiancee is driving it in Wisco until she moves out here in June!

This summer I hope to re-finish the hardtop (possibly a gunmetal color) and also insulate it with some foam and carpet/fabric. Also planning to replace the blower resister because the fans only blow on speed-1 now

I have a small rattle directly under the shifter that seems to make a light tapping noise when moving (usually on rougher roads). I think I have heard this is commonly the shift linkage? Details

I'm thinking the first real mod will be some type of winch guard bumper and a winch (hopefully this summer). After that I'm hoping to do a lift, but I'm not sure when that will be.

Thanks for reading,
Shane
Unread 02-11-2013, 12:30 PM   #25
midnight_f150
2002 TJ Wrangler 

If your CO you should check out Rokmen offroad shop they are in CO and do awesome work. I have one of there bumpers.
Unread 02-21-2014, 08:19 AM   #26
Shaner3721
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Hey All,

It's been well over a year, so I figured I should throw an update in this post. The Jeep came out to Colorado with the now Wife back in June and it had some new clunking suspension issues in the rear... I replaced the rear shocks and that solved the clunking, until a new clunking noise started in the front of the vehicle. I have since resolved that by tightening up a loose bolt! and installing new tie-rod ends and a steering stabilizer. Along with that we got new tires and an alignment. Stuck with 31s for now on stock suspension because I can't bring myself to spend a fortune on a crazy nice lift setup. Does anyone have any recommendations as to how to tighten up the steering? It is true/straight after the alignment, but I just feel like it isn't super responsive. I know this is probably because it's a 99 wrangler, but just thought I'd ask.

When we moved to Denver we moved into an apartment downtown so I haven't had the space to actually work on the Jeep much. We are moving out to a house in the next few months so I will have a garage and the fun will begin!

Here are a few things I have planned:
  • Re-pipe CAI to a better location and replace filter.
  • The shifter linkage is still rattling! So I need to fix that.
  • Replace motor resistor so fan works on all speeds.
  • Refinish Hardtop- Repair any cracks, respray and pad the interior with foam and fabric.
  • Repair driver door: the strap is no longer attached because the screws have been ripped out of the door and now there are a ton of holes in the door where the PO attempted to fix it. Not sure what I am going to do yet, but I'll figure something out.
  • Blackout: Still have a few minor chrome items I would like to be black (headlight bezels) and would also like to clean up a few items that have started to rust/chip.
  • Install new rearview mirror with temp and compass.
  • New Bumpers: probably going to go with some of the barricade bumpers from extreme terrain. I'm hoping this will solve my tailgate issue because currently it is a pain to open. With new bumpers should come a winch, but I'll have to convince the wife of that
  • Pull carpet and do a full 'tub scrub'.
  • I might pull the dsah pieces and paint them to freshen up the look.
  • Pull fenders to sand and repaint them.
  • Sand and refinish the wagon wheels.

Sorry for the boring, picture less post, but I hope to have some exciting stuff to share in the coming months!

-Shane
Colorado Jeep Club Member #900

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.